Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Disease

I thought it would be fun to have disease, similar to invasions. There could be several types of diseases, each reducimg stats or skills differently, and of different severity. The new skill could be medicine, or perhaps add spells to the magic skill for the purpose. An #infection would go like this:

1. Mod types : #infect <coords> <severity>

2. The place is now infected, as players pass though there, they become infected, so do summons. ( The mod can for example summon an A haul lot load of rabbits, which could spread the disease. Or to make it more realistic, make an invasion of rats.)

3. Once a player is infected, he isn't notified by a message. As he comes close to people, they become infected ( NPC's too, but they will be unaffected by the disease itself.). Same applies to trading with ppl and pvp-ing or pve-ing ( contaminating the monster, so if it survives, the next player who fights it gets contaminated)

4. There will be a chance, to get contaminated, not nescecarily 100%.

So this is where the new skill comes in:

1. a player at a certain magic level sets a hospice, denoted by a flag.

2. Once he does so, everyone in the vicinity is alerted by the message: XXX set hospice at Kamara desert for example.

3. Everyone can go there, be diagnosed, healed, or get a vaccine.

4. The goal is to disinfect el.

Pimp around with it. Also come up with example diseases.

And how will you be sure everyone got healed etc? It sounds cool but I think it's not really easy to implent and make rules about.

What will be the penaltys?

Actually I was reading something about the flu when I came up with this. I googled that outbreak, and I got the impression, it was due to a bug.

The disease can be ended by dying. Maybe you could actualy have to go and decontaminate the spot.

The diseases can be for example:

1. Reducing x amount of health per unit of time ( not nescecarily 1 min)

2. Reducing Stats by X ( not really applicable about skills actually)

3. Severe forms could add antisocial.

4. Also it can add that perk, where you lost food three times as fast.