Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Elkonai

Laudinii

Right.....so despite that I've clearly stated so on several occasions that I'm NOT a bagjumper- everyone assumes that quick witty statement qualifies me as such? Fine, label me as you will. I can't be asked to argue anymore on what was someone falsely accussing me simply for defending a guy who broke no rules.

You all enjoy writing more accusatiuons against me. The community DOES have problems

Wait, I don't get it. So you're a bag jumper too? And don't call him a six year old, he at least spelled the majority of his post right.

Does it really matter what the box looks like? It is what is inside that count. If I have a nice looking box with rocks in it, or a crappy looking box with pearls in it, Which would you prefer?

26. Jesus said, "You see the sliver in your friend's eye, but you don't see the timber in your own eye. When you take the timber out of your own eye, then you will see well enough to remove the sliver from your friend's eye."

You, who condemn Fox Lupine, should read this quote. It is from the Gospel of Thomas, and no, I am not a heretic.

All of you misjudge him; he is saying that once the bag is lost it is not yours. You threw it away, discarded it for the needs of healing, in the underworld of Mortos. People who bag jump are taking bags, not stealing them. To steal, it would need to be another’s, and as yet, it is not. So it is known as a lucky find. In the game we cannot "steal", only by scamming.

Edit: Typos

Edited by sparhawk

Well... as far as I know FoxLupine I can tell all of you he is not the bagjumper style... bagjumping is low and not the right thing to do, but we aren't enforced to return the bag (this is why this part of the forum exists to start with).

He just stated his opinion on deathbag and bagjumping, but that doesn't mean he has to follow it. It's the same for myself, I never take a deathbag when finding one, I follow that 12 minute moral rule thing, and even more if the contents of the bag are high valuables, but I think that someone can't be blamed for taking a deathbag, because it's a game feature: you die, you lose stuff and, if you aren't quick enough, you run the risk of having it taken by someone else (that's why something such as the Underworld exists I think, because you need a reason to lose some time so you can't just ZAP! to where your bag was... there has to be a risk run).

AND saying this won't make Fox a bagjumper, as it won't make myself. We have our ways, generally bag returning specially when items are expensive, but the reality behind the fact is like that. Don't take it all wrong on Fox.

-Maxim Ironfist

I'd like to congratulate Sharkbite on his narrow minded attempt to twist my words weith all the skill of a 6 year old boy. I CLEARLY said I am not a bagjumper. I think my record on trying to find the rightful owner of an ex cape was THREE DAY. I've posted on HERE before to find owners of things.

You know what? thats right. If i'm too busy to advertise a bag, it dosn;t nessercderily mean I'm too busy to take an item...thats one click right? But I DON'T!. if I'm too busy, I leave it, pure and simple, so the person still has a chance to get it back.

Its a goddamned DEATHBAG! if that is indeed the veiw of the communty I feel the community has a fewe issues to sort out. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A RISK ASSOCIATED WITH DYING. ITS DEATH FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

And sharkbite- shoving my foot in my mouth? make saure you know you're talking to a bagjumper before sprouting all that crap, alright?

Probably banned from forums for this- but go to hell. And when you do, and I advertise for your deathbag, i wonder if you'll have the freaking pride to admit its yours?...well, maybe its the pride to admit you were wrong about a person

GET YOUR GODDAMNED FACTS RIGHT!

...oh..and for the record its he ;)

Well that seems like a 6yr old temper tantrum to me..

My comments were made in response to your post ..where you clearly stated that deathbags are up for grabs...I realise that you are not necessarily a career bagjumper...But what you said sounds like you condone the taking of deathbags..

Could you clarify to us what you consider to be bagjumping (and i dont mean a dictionary analysis) ?

As for the other people that defended you.. I respect their opinions..And as I do not know you (Fox) and have not seen you posted in outlaws I can only assume that you have not been guilty of bagjumping..(not counting our very early days when we did not even know what a DB was). BUT that said.. simply from reading your posts even this one where you are attacking me.. You still think you are right about DB's and the rest of the community is wrong..

As for getting my facts wrong..well I only made comment on what you said..thats a fact.

And if you could clarify how I actually twisted your words that would help..

If I missunderstood what you said..then ok.. just point out where I went astray..

Oh one last thing... I dont understand the comment

"And sharkbite- shoving my foot in my mouth? make saure you know you're talking to a bagjumper before sprouting all that crap, alright?

You dont have to be a bagjumper to shove your foot in your mouth..Maybe I should have used that other old saying... "It's better to be thought a fool..than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.."

All of you misjudge him; he is saying that once the bag is lost it is not yours. You threw it away, discarded it for the needs of healing, in the underworld of Mortos. People who bag jump are taking bags, not stealing them. To steal, it would need to be another’s, and as yet, it is not. So it is known as a lucky find. In the game we cannot "steal", only by scamming.

Edit: Typos

So you are saying that if you drop your wallet on the street it is no longer yours?

And if you accidently click a bear in ws diamond mine.. do you consider it to be throwing away your DB?

Well in my opinion if you 'find' a bag..and you can determine who lost it and then you still consider that to be an unowned bag..that is stealing (unless the person does not want it back). But if you find a bag..and cannot find the original owner (like finding a moneyclip with $50 in it but no contact name or address) then THAT is a lucky find..

By making this post Spar I can only assume that if anyone sees you die and picks up your bag containing a plate (or whatever) and then pm's you to say they got it.... Then you would say..."Ahh my friend but what is lost to me is no longer mine.. what a lucky find you have made.." ?? If that is the case then would there be any point PMing you in the first place?

By making this post Spar I can only assume that if anyone sees you die and picks up your bag containing a plate (or whatever) and then pm's you to say they got it.... Then you would say..."Ahh my friend but what is lost to me is no longer mine.. what a lucky find you have made.." ?? If that is the case then would there be any point PMing you in the first place?

I have done this :icon13: . When I have a bag I often times let the person have it. Although, I only train in leather armour and chain.

[

I have done this :D . When I have a bag I often times let the person have it. Although, I only train in leather armour and chain.

Still I bet if you dropped your wallet in real life with you credit cards ,license and a hundred bucks or so... you would be most apreciative if the person who finds it returned it to you. !

It is easy for players who have been around a while to brush off losses..even plate (i just make another).. But if you recall what it was (is?) like as a noob to put a lot of effort in to buy a sword/armour/whatever and then lose it....it is a good feeling to have the stuff returned. Then again if you got all your stuff as a noob by taking from bags.. you may feel inclined to justify your actions by saying that you dont care if others take your stuff too.

Im sure the good lord looks favorably on those who perform charitable acts in real life... just as the EL community at large appreciates the players who act as good Samaritans ingame. :)

Still I bet if you dropped your wallet in real life with you credit cards ,license and a hundred bucks or so... you would be most apreciative if the person who finds it returned it to you. !

It is easy for players who have been around a while to brush off losses..even plate (i just make another).. But if you recall what it was (is?) like as a noob to put a lot of effort in to buy a sword/armour/whatever and then lose it....it is a good feeling to have the stuff returned. Then again if you got all your stuff as a noob by taking from bags.. you may feel inclined to justify your actions by saying that you dont care if others take your stuff too.

Im sure the good lord looks favorably on those who perform charitable acts in real life... just as the EL community at large appreciates the players who act as good Samaritans ingame. :D

I don't have a wallet, and the one I have only has $50 or 60 Cn. So I wouldn't know about that. (Lame defense, I know, but really I dont have one)

I was never a noob. However I was once a newb, and when I was I lost stuff, that I let people keep. Ie: My blue cloak. And when I just started, I was wild and bold, I didnt care what I lost.

Do you want me to give you a quote form the Gospel of Thomas, saying how charity is evil? Then again I always enjoyed Tobit/Tobias of the Apocrypha. Thats one of my favourite books.

I was never a noob. However I was once a newb, and when I was I lost stuff, that I let people keep. Ie: My blue cloak. And when I just started, I was wild and bold, I didnt care what I lost.

Once was a newb (noob)? your stats still scream newbie (nooby) to me ;)

Do you want me to give you a quote form the Gospel of Thomas, saying how charity is evil? Then again I always enjoyed Tobit/Tobias of the Apocrypha. Thats one of my favourite books.

Nahh I much prefer the Hobbit myself....

And you are a bit too weird for me... I think I will cut this thread now :)

A noob is a guy who doesnt know anything about the game and buys strong weapons etc.

A newb is a guy who is new to the game.

I, have a real life and therefore have a hard time playing El. Actually, my stats were all gotten last summer. I rarely come on due to swimming (1-2 hours a day) and school. I am SparHawk2.

Your calling me a noob? You dont even know what it is...

Really, have you ever read Tobit? I loved that book in the Bible, it about a man in Nineveh who gives alms to gain life. He and his son lives to about 120 years. Its also about being overun by conquerers, Ie: Nineveh was a city that had Jewish slaves. They persicuted them.

I also bet, that I joined the game before you :icon13: . So I can call you a newb.

Edited by sparhawk

I died in Nordcarn, just inside the southern wall, dropping my iron chain mail, quarterstaff, and meat. When I got back there, I saw someone wearing an iron chain and wielding a quarterstaff, but didn't catch the name. Strange coincidence if it was one, so I followed and saw it was Laudinii. By the time I caught up with him, we were outside Nordcarn storage. I asked if he found a bag with a quarterstaff and iron chain. He didn't respond and after a second, went into Storage. I followed, and saw him remove both chain and staff (presumably putting them in storage). I asked again, and he said he didn't have them. I told him I saw him wearing a chain & staff, and he claimed they were his all along.

If they were his all along, why did he run straight from where I lost mine to storage and remove his equipment and store them? That's one heck of a coincidence. Laudinii is a bagjumper, watch out for him.

So, nice flamewar here .. sorry for that. especially there is no reason for it, because i did not bagjump. It was a heck of a coincidence, might happen. I dont take bags from folks and I am glad to back mine if lost. But if not .. thats life.

Edited by laudinii

Wait, I don't get it. So you're a bag jumper too? And don't call him a six year old, he at least spelled the majority of his post right.

Does it really matter what the box looks like? It is what is inside that count. If I have a nice looking box with rocks in it, or a crappy looking box with pearls in it, Which would you prefer?

What s/he is saying isn't what I would call pearls. Besides, I'd rather have a nice looking box with pearls in it. Uh oh :o

Edited by LoneWolfStrider

You never know it could have been his lol...

I had wanted to say that, but people might have gotten offended :confused: .

By the way Laudini (your name makes me think of Musilini) I did not consider this a flame war, but friendly banter. I love debating and helping people.

sparhawk, I did take this as a flame war, but not against Laudinii, but against FoxLupine. He did nothing wrong, and he got all of the flaming in this thread. Heck, he didn't say he used to take deathbags, just said he didn't see wrong on taking them. I know other MMORPGs where even the most honorable players will loot other players' dead bodies without being flamed for it, you can't imagine how surprised I was when I heard that deathbags were returned here. So, please, take your facts straight... maybe the way Fox reacted to your accusations wasn't the best, but the way you treated him wasn't either.

I gave no acusations to Foxlupine, rather the opposite I was helping him face unjust accusations. I am sorry to say this.. but it would seem you need to get your facts straight....

So all in all, as was trying to prevent a flame war by helping defeat the side I felt was wrong. The faster the victory, the less casualties...

Sorry about the misunderstanding spar, I didn't mean you, I know you didn't take it against Fox, and am thankful you helped him. My apologies for not explaining myself too clear