Eternal Lands Official Forums
DarkGelf

Nice trick to beware of

I was fighting things in Naralik the other day when I noticed someone staying near the edge of my vision, the next thing I fought put up a good fight and had me low on points but I was winning when suddenly it started getting healed, that was enough to kill me, of course by the time I got back my bag was long gone.

yeah its a shame what people are doing these days its pretty low my best advice for everybody is train with stuff you can afford to lose

Remote heals on monsters are an old trick of bagjumpers, I advise you to have at least one dis ring on you whenever you train, for JusT such occurances as this one.

Pyewacket said it all. Its old as gobs lol

The diss ring is the only safe way out when you are training. Hopefully the next client with the adds in cvs is going to provide a widers perspective view, so you can see a lot better if someone is stalking you, but that will make little difference, since one you are engaged by the creature you can only ensure your escape with a ring in case s/he starts healing the critter.

But even honest people can play that game now as well..just find an LcS member that is training..and heal to your hearts content :rolleyes:

Lmao, sounds good! :icon13:

Lol whilst it is certainly a nice idea to watch one of the bad guys take Teh Walk of Shame due to a good guys remote heals on monsters, it would lead to an ethical dilemma....wot dya do about the deathbag?

Answers on a postcard plz...

Lol whilst it is certainly a nice idea to watch one of the bad guys take Teh Walk of Shame due to a good guys remote heals on monsters, it would lead to an ethical dilemma....wot dya do about the deathbag?

You put on everything in it and parade around infront of him ...

I was fighting things in Naralik the other day when I noticed someone staying near the edge of my vision, the next thing I fought put up a good fight and had me low on points but I was winning when suddenly it started getting healed, that was enough to kill me, of course by the time I got back my bag was long gone.

I think this is what has been done to me at least one because a goblin I was fighting took forever to die. When I came back to Vermor Castle, a guildmate had died as well. His DB was gone including my stuff. I think unless its PK map, that people should return DB contents or at least advertise they found one and give people a chance to claim it. I don't take stuff I find anymore, I advertise it to try to find the owner.

Lu

Well here is my postcard.

You PM the LCS member and agree to meet him at beam with his DB

You then - in full view of the LCS member give the stuff to a new person as it is most definately not his but someones stolen equipment anyway. :D

I did not know they were doing that... I was in VotD picking flowers and someone was fighting a wolf next to me. The person cried out "who the heck is healing the wolf!" He killed the wolf and that ended that. Healing the wolf, that's just WRONG!

Sorry to post on a days' old topic, but I've been out of late...

Anyway, the tactic is as old as the remote healing spell, AFAIK - for honorable players, it's a chance to maximise experience potential for a creature dying too quickly. For bagjumpers, it's a win-win gamble if you don't get caught - free exp., and the potential to take a deathbag unnoticed.

Hmm, maybe if you could get a message if someone else's spells start impacting your opponent in combat... (PlayerX is <healing/poisoning/other spell effecting> Your_Opponent!)

EDIT: Just want to extend on PYE's recommendation about the dis ring - if someone does that unexpectedly, dis and ask who's doing it - if whoever fesses up, and they are trying to help you, all's fair in such case. If no one says anything, or you know who it is and it's obvious they want to hurt you, RUN! For most a/d levels, there are multple spawns to fight at, and depending what time of day, finding a free spot to fight isn't too hard.

Edited by Arnieman

Thanks arnieman. I had never known if you healed a monster someone was fighting with, if you would get a message.

I would return it... But first they must IG my guild "I will be a good little boy/girl from now on" :lipssealed:

Guest PHILTHY_ONE

Zanting did exactly that to me. Got his own tho as he was shortly later killed by a troll. Didn't jump his stuff tho. Not sure that was a mistake.