Eternal Lands Official Forums
kanegan

Autoupdate does not work for me and my partner

I would like the update if possible. but more importantly, I hope to solve this problem in view of the future updates that will be pushed out via the same channel.

Yeah, I'll see if I can bundle it up for you. I also want to get the updates sorted out.

Do you think uninstalling then reinstalling the game will help?

It can't hurt. If it does work then I'm not sure what the problem was, but I'm also not sure I'm going to find the problem without being able to sit down at the machine and just test 1 million things.

I had the same problem running Linux (yes, I had the correct permissions).

I updated manually.

If you are using the Gentoo Linux setup, they removed the -DAUTO_UPDATE in the install, disabling this feature. The other issue some people have had is not having write permission to the directory tree.

Yeah, I'll see if I can bundle it up for you. I also want to get the updates sorted out.

It can't hurt. If it does work then I'm not sure what the problem was, but I'm also not sure I'm going to find the problem without being able to sit down at the machine and just test 1 million things.

Thanks.

In the meantime, I will probably try to do a clean uninstall/install of the client.

I format my computer, change adsl modem, download other exe of the game, install and unistlal several times, and auto update doesnt work for me

Apparently there are problems with some transparent proxies (my one is fine) so it is possible that your ISP is using one and EL doesn't know how to deal with it. Unfortunatly, there is nothing you can do at this stage.

And where i found those files?

From the same place as the files.lst. Whatever server is listed in mirrors.lst

I manually downloaded the files. My client is now updated for now. :)

Anyone fixing the update problem? If not, can you guys make available a zip/tar/rar file with all updates next time? It is very tedious to download the files link by link.

Anyone fixing the update problem? If not, can you guys make available a zip/tar/rar file with all updates next time? It is very tedious to download the files link by link.

We are working on it. I am hoping it will be fixed by the next update (which will be a whole client update). If it isn't then I'll try to get a zip made up. I did ask about it this time, but got no response.

I've got a simple proggie for anyone with curl installed to update, and I'm working so that it'll make the directories as it goes, so that it can create a testing copy to just tar and go.

EDIT: Done. Source code and Linux binaries avalible upon request, updated file list avalible from: http://freeone3000.be:8080/files/el-update.tar.bz2

Edited by freeone3000

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.