Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roos

Finding out value of your items

UPDATE: Version 2.0 of ELCounter is done! :D

Download Windows version

Download Linux version

Read the included "readme.txt" for information on how to install/use the program. Also please let me know if the program works, since I haven't tested this version (especially the Linux version) on anyone else's computer.

Edit: Ermabweb said he got this error- version 'GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found... Unfortunately I'm a linux noob, but I guess this means that I compiled the program with a version of g++ that was too new, so now everyone who uses Linux has to do some kind of update to get it to work :/

Edited by roos

That sound cool, but i dont think it would ever be impelmented into the game, due to the accuracy problem, but i do think its a great idea, and if possible i would love to try out the program, also would it be possible to have a text file with a list of all items and there value, so if they do change you can just edit the price in the text file?

Cool, when I get back from college tonight or tomorrow I can post up the program, plus source code if anyone wants to try compiling it on an OS other than Windows..

As for having a text file with all the prices, yup, that's exactly how it works right now. It looks something like this:

Polished Sapphire

Leather

Warm Fur Gloves

Gold Ore

Book of Titanium Mining

Fox Scarf

Iron Chain Mail

...etc...

My price list is based on "what's the most i could sell this for if i had to get rid of it within 1-2 days?", so that way i don't overvalue. If someone is a merchant who buys things and then patiently waits for someone to buy at a higher price, then their price list might look different.

i'm interested too (even PMed u about it) but i just thought of a question is there a way to edit the prices (either editing a/the file in notepad or something simple like that im not versed in any laguages that r still used...lol - used to play w/ the old old basic but that's about it (and that's basic basic not basica or qbasic just to show u how old...lmao)) as some1 who sells stuff and does keep tabs on the market here and there if there's not currently maybe u could make u'r program alittle more complex and make a way for it like maybe making a config file where u can edit the prices in notepad or something of the like nothing too fancy just maybe instructions w/ it so ppl who know even less than me could do it

i'm interested too (even PMed u about it) but i just thought of a question is there a way to edit the prices (either editing a/the file in notepad or something simple like that im not versed in any laguages that r still used...lol - used to play w/ the old old basic but that's about it (and that's basic basic not basica or qbasic just to show u how old...lmao)) as some1 who sells stuff and does keep tabs on the market here and there if there's not currently maybe u could make u'r program alittle more complex and make a way for it like maybe making a config file where u can edit the prices in notepad or something of the like nothing too fancy just maybe instructions w/ it so ppl who know even less than me could do it

If you have a look at this... all you need to do is edit the number under each item name in the text tile. Sounds pretty simple to me. :-)

As for having a text file with all the prices, yup, that's exactly how it works right now. It looks something like this:

Polished Sapphire

<snip>

...etc...

OK, here is a download link for the program. Installation is simple, just unzip into the C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands directory (or wherever your game is installed).

To count the value of the items in your storage, first you run a "#storage" command (or just "#sto") from within the game. Then, run the ELCounter.exe file.

I've tried to add more or less every item to prices.txt, but there's bound to be some inaccuracy and item names which are written incorrectly.. If the program can't find the name of an item, it will alert you at the top of the printout.

Program + Source code: (download this)

http://velocity.lunarpages.com/personal_st...Counterv1.2.zip

EDIT: replaced non-working link with working one :D

EDIT: updated the link to the 1.2 version (adds a config file so you can scan srv_log.txt instead of chat_log.txt and other stuff)

Edited by roos

It doesn't work for me...I unzipped into "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands" and reset the client. When I type #storage it displays everything, then I run ELCounter.exe and it shows a blank black screen. :D

Using WindowsXP Pro SP1. If that helps. If you have any suggestions I'd like to hear them :( I'm kinda excited to see how much I'm worth :)

It doesn't work for me...I unzipped into "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands" and reset the client. When I type #storage it displays everything, then I run ELCounter.exe and it shows a blank black screen. :omg:

Did you exit the client after doing the #storage and before running ELCounter.exe? It sounds like it can't access the file (cos EL is still using it).

It doesn't work for me...I unzipped into "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands" and reset the client. When I type #storage it displays everything, then I run ELCounter.exe and it shows a blank black screen. :omg:

Did you exit the client after doing the #storage and before running ELCounter.exe? It sounds like it can't access the file (cos EL is still using it).

Just tried that...didn't work :P Thanks for tyring to help though :P

Ayy, ok thx for letting me know about the problem. Hmm, you shouldn't need to exit the client. Also Windows XP should be fine, because Kedan and I both tried it with XP.

Hmm, sent you a PM.

I did a similar "program" (an awk script) to scan the output of #storage for a different purpose.

Since I'm a manufacturer/merchant I wanted to know what supplies and products I was low on. I type #storage then in another window I can get my report like this:

Water Essence 138 need more
Spirit Essence 46 need more
Iron Plate Mail 1 need more
Polished Sapphire 196 need more
Polished Diamond 31 need more
Ring of Valley of the Dwarves 76 need more
Ring of Disengagement 103 need more

It doesn't work for me...I unzipped into "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands" and reset the client. When I type #storage it displays everything, then I run ELCounter.exe and it shows a blank black screen. :)

Just tried that...didn't work :( Thanks for tyring to help though :)

Do you have your logging options configured correctly? Easiest way to check is to open chat_log.txt and see if there is the list of items at the bottom after you typed #sto ingame.

I can't check how rich i am atm, because the link to the file seems to be down.

Gold Coins 921002221 need more

:icon13:

Edited by Nidan

Ahh okay I guess that "upload stuff for free" service is a bit flaky :) OK, I'm editing my above post to include new links, that should work properly. Sorry for the trouble.

It doesn't work for me...I unzipped into "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands" and reset the client. When I type #storage it displays everything, then I run ELCounter.exe and it shows a blank black screen. :)

Just tried that...didn't work ;) Thanks for tyring to help though :)

Do you have your logging options configured correctly? Easiest way to check is to open chat_log.txt and see if there is the list of items at the bottom after you typed #sto ingame.

I can't check how rich i am atm, because the link to the file seems to be down.

Good call, I didn't have it logging server messages and that is why it wasn't working. After I changed that it works beautifully! Thank you Nidan for your help and Roos for your help and for an AWESOME mini-program! :icon13:

BTW: I am worth 132341.3 gc :(

K, DemonCowboy found an issue that some people might have their options configured to log server messages separately from chat messages into srv_log.txt. So, I made a new version of ELCounter which has an elcounter_config.txt file, where you can adjust the filename to search. (either chat_log.txt or srv_log.txt). That file also has an "EnableLogging" property, so now it's not 2 separate EXEs, one logging and one without :) It also has a "NumLinesToScan", which is currently set to 5000. So if your chat log contains megabytes worth of text, it won't spend eons going from the end of the chat log all the way to the beginning, it'll just look at the last 5000 lines.

Book of Titanium Axe Construction 55000?

Hmm, thats a bit much, considdering i have about 280 of them i would have worth 15400000.0 of them :) I will tell you what, you can have them all for just 10 million :)

Seriously tho, i think they are worth 2k on a lucky day

Book of Titanium Axe Construction 55000?

That's based on the NPC price for them, rather than market.

/edit: typo... :-P

Edited by Torg

Lol yeah whoops, I didn't realize that book was monster drop, so I put the NPC price. Sorry about that.

Well, thanks to everyone for the feedback and support so far :blink: Glad ppl other than me might get some use out of it.. If you have any suggestions or corrections to the pricelist btw, please let me know, it'd be a huge help :blink:

Also, I recently found out that this program can be really useful if you want to make a sale on the market section of the forum. (Check out my sale).

The formatting seems a bit ugly though, so I'm thinking of changing it to something like this:

1 Book of Iron Axe Construction (800gc ea).... 800gc

3 Book of Crafting Potion (300gc ea).............. 900gc

2 Book of Magic Potion (700gc ea)................. 1.4K

29 Ring of Portland (50gc ea)........................ 1450gc

You can see it would abbreviate 1400gc as 1.4k. But, for 1450gc it doesn't abbreviate, because 1.45K looks weird. Also I could make it output a file which is formatted specifically for market sales... Basically the main difference is that it would organize items by category instead of lumping them all together.

Edited by roos

Just letting you know that the following is currently not priced in the text file:

-skunk fur

-wood branches

-leather helm

-polished diamond

-magic potion

-white asiatic lilly

-wood logs

The following prices are courtesy of TrinityBot:

-skunk fur - can't find a price for this one :(

-wood branches - free gc

-leather helm - 25-35gc

-polished diamond - 35gc

-magic potion - 80gc +vial

-white asiatic lilly - 0.33gc (NPC price)

-wood logs - free gc

I will update my own, my self. Just letting you know! Again thanks for the awesome program....and the Gen. Axe Book! :P

now that i am at home i can finally test your programm on real data. I must say i am richer than i thought, considering i usually have very few gc. It's all in my st00f :(

I made a similar programm once too. Back then after every harvest there was a message:

You successfully harvested 2 Silver Ore

My programm scanned the chatlog too and gave as output how much crap you had harvested so far and how much it would be worth if you had sold it all. :P