Eternal Lands Official Forums
crusadingknight

Encyclopedia Maintainers.

Since I assumed some of the responsibilities for the encyclopedia and translation project, the scope of the project has expanded rapidly, for a variety of factors. In any case, I now have on my hands several translations, and more work than I can do alone. Therefore, it would be best if every language could have one or two active maintainers. The maintainer's job, in a nutshell, would be to keep the Encyclopedia (and strings, and other translatables) up-to-date with the game itself, to fix errors, and contribute to the overall development of the encyclopedia. Releases will still be made by the encyclopedia heads, and major changes, such as adding new sections will be decided by consensus, though and the higher powers (server admins, quest heads, mapmaking leads, roja and radu, etc.) will, of course retain veto.

As such, the current translations in need of maintainers are:

* Slovenian.

If you possess a good level of skill in your chosen language, understand the current XML markup, and have time to help keep the encyclopedia and strings up-to-date, or if you'd like to do a translation to a new language, or even if you have unanswered questions regarding encyclopedia development, please don't hesitate to contact Theryndan via forum PM.

Necessary information about the XML format, etc. can be found in the Encyclopedia and Translations Forum.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Edited by crusadingknight

i'll volenteer for english

Maybe you should let someone else who can spell a bit better :)

i'll volenteer for english

Maybe you should let someone else who can spell a bit better :icon13:

lol... ummm, yeah!

I'm keen to help out if needed. :-)

Would you accept a volunteer for another language? I'm thinking on a Turkish translation if it's possible and wanted.

Thanks!

- Sistema.

Edited by sisteMa`

Would you accept a volunteer for another language? I'm thinking on a Turkish translation if it's possible and wanted.

Thanks!

- Sistema.

Of course.

Good reading skills may be required too :ph34r:

(He said to forum PM him :) )

I did both, just to be sure... ;-)

(and cos I *had* to leave a comment. :-P)

Guest ardinx

Thanks!

- Sistema.

Of course.

Do you need help with Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian maybe? I do not have a whole lot of time to do everything together, but I can do it in sections?

I don't know what's left from the last attempt from 2005 to create a german translation for the game, but I'm willing to continue that work. Atm I'm very busy with university, but maybe in a few weeks I'll be able to do that.

Hi there

a friend of mine and i wanted to help you with the translation project (the german one).

work could start as soon as soon as we know which textes we should translate... :)

Hi there

a friend of mine and i wanted to help you with the translation project (the german one).

work could start as soon as soon as we know which textes we should translate... :P

Hi numb!

Great, I'll have a talk with Lachesis, so maybe we can set up a Wiki again, which makes translating the textes quite easy. I'll get in touch with you guys asap.

with regards,

kl4Uz

If you need more German translations, let me know ...btw I am a certified engl-ger-eng translater and interpreter (chamber of indurstry and commerce...a bit ancient that diploma, but hey....*G*)

Guest corsten

This is my first post here on the forum, so hello everyone. Great game, nice people!

I'd gladly help with some translations into Polish...

Arth

Edited by corsten

Let me know when ur doing one in norwegian. Be glad to do it :P

The translations are happening constantly, whenever anyone wants to take on the task.... so, if you want to sign up to FreePository and download the CVS, you can start working on it. If you mention yourself to CK via PM etc, he'll give you write access and you can start committing.