Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mister_Q

a friend of mine needs help

hi,

a friend of mine is trying to play EL. but he got some problems. like the world is all grey colord, everything is grey, and bags are white. and he lags Really bad. what causes this problem? his videocard? its a Nvidia TNT2.. and he got 256 RAM, windows XP.. anyone know what it is? or how to help him?

i just reckon he needs a new comp, but dunno, maybe its something different.

oh and i did alot of stuff in his el.ini to increase the performance, but nothing worked..

-Q

hi,

a friend of mine is trying to play EL. but he got some problems. like the world is all grey colord, everything is grey, and bags are white. and he lags Really bad. what causes this problem? his videocard? its a Nvidia TNT2.. and he got 256 RAM, windows XP.. anyone know what it is? or how to help him?

i just reckon he needs a new comp, but dunno, maybe its something different.

oh and i did alot of stuff in his el.ini to increase the performance, but nothing worked..

-Q

I wouldn't try running on anything lower then a GF2, but he can try disabling most of the graphics options and making sure his drivers are up to date.

That memory is ok to run EL, you might need to buy a better video card. Any cheap card will work nicely. Make sure that you dont enable the poor_man mode, funky things like the ones you describe can occur.

That memory is ok to run EL, you might need to buy a better video card. Any cheap card will work nicely. Make sure that you dont enable the poor_man mode, funky things like the ones you describe can occur.

Running Windows XP with less than 512 MB RAM is to be asking for trouble.

So your friend needs to upgrade his RAM as well as getting a better video card.