Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NitageR

2 new things

Yo,

i have 2 suggestions:

1) new table in top50 which will contain average player skill (average will be counted w/o oa coz ppl reset it)

2) how about implementing in client function that will auto save print screens in bmp or jped fromat ? (hmm or maybe it is already in client but i dont know about it =/ )

What do u think about it?

1) I doubt this will happen, as a reset is supposed to be negative, It will be so.

2) In the CVS there is a saving screenshot in PNG format, though I admit I have never tried it or know the status of it.

Yo,

i have 2 suggestions:

1) new table in top50 which will contain average player skill (average will be counted w/o oa coz ppl reset it)

has cme up before. but it culd still be handy

2) how about implementing in client function that will auto save print screens in bmp or jped fromat ? (hmm or maybe it is already in client but i dont know about it =/ )

it's actually in PNG :) however I don't think that's available in the released version yet since it was only fixed up for windows use recently. with luck, that option will be turned on in the next client update

2) In the CVS there is a saving screenshot in PNG format, though I admit I have never tried it or know the status of it.

it works beautifully :) (had some fun a few weeks or a month or so ago getting it working)

Edited by ttlanhil

So how can we automatically get the EL client to take pictures? Be a good thing if there is an easy way. Especially in the middle of an invasion when time is limited to try and paste pics into paint.

So how can we automatically get the EL client to take pictures? Be a good thing if there is an easy way. Especially in the middle of an invasion when time is limited to try and paste pics into paint.

automatically? you don't. but with PNG_SCREENSHOT enabled, you press ctrl+p and it will save EL/screenshots/elscreenshotXXX.png

hitting ctrl+p doesn't take long though, so it should be good enough

also while your talking about the top50 list, i want to see a top50 guild list. this could be done in every skill, by get everyone thats in the guilds level for a certain skill and finding the adverage, this would finally give a way of comparing guilds by something other than number of players, but of course if you dont want to do it for every skill you can put all skills together and work out the average or maybe that should be used to find out what order to list all the guilds on the guilds page :)

Instead of taking the average guildmember lvls, we could have a new groupskill.

Some sort of teamwork that has to be done to advance in lvls which can later be refelcted in the Giuld Top50.

yeah but that would take alot of work imperlmenting in and trying to think of how it would work, whereas having an average level for every skill in every guild would be relativly easy to do. And this way someone who wants to be a fighter could look for a guild with high a/d skills so they get the best help there, and someone else can look for the best manu skills cos they want to be a manuer and get help with that, or someone ese can just go for the guild with the best average level in all skills if they want some help in all skills

yeah but that would take alot of work imperlmenting in and trying to think of how it would work, whereas having an average level for every skill in every guild would be relativly easy to do. And this way someone who wants to be a fighter could look for a guild with high a/d skills so they get the best help there, and someone else can look for the best manu skills cos they want to be a manuer and get help with that, or someone ese can just go for the guild with the best average level in all skills if they want some help in all skills

*Cough* Guild Wars/Diplomacy *Cough*

Edited by Brom

i just read ur post brom and it is a very nice idea, but the problem is for guilds that dont wish to get involed in any wars at all, they are at a big disadvartage, and your idea would take quite alot of work to implerment. I think having both idea's would work well :blink:

i just read ur post brom and it is a very nice idea, but the problem is for guilds that dont wish to get involed in any wars at all, they are at a big disadvartage, and your idea would take quite alot of work to implerment. I think having both idea's would work well :P

Try reading it again. They would not have a disadvantage. Yes it would take a lot of work to impliment, And probably never will be, But I just loved thinking it all up so I gave the link. :confused:

lol, and from what i read the best way to gain points would be to get involed in wars and killed the other guild, but if you dont do that the way to gain points is by forming allieces, or if you have a higher than arverage of a skill, but both of these can also be done by the guilds involed in a war all the time. but never the less i still love the idea :)

Edited by Kedan