Eternal Lands Official Forums

This is really up to you guys whether this is a good idea since it's normally random chance for stuff to break. I think it'd be convenient if you could have a Condition level that lets you know when an item is more likely to break, IE: a brand new sword has an extremely slim chance of breaking, but as it gets used more and more, it deteriorates and becomes more likely to break.

This could also maybe add in a way to repair your gear with a hammer and an iron ore, which could improve manufacturing skills.

This is really up to you guys whether this is a good idea since it's normally random chance for stuff to break. I think it'd be convenient if you could have a Condition level that lets you know when an item is more likely to break, IE: a brand new sword has an extremely slim chance of breaking, but as it gets used more and more, it deteriorates and becomes more likely to break.

This could also maybe add in a way to repair your gear with a hammer and an iron ore, which could improve manufacturing skills.

The system doesn't have anything like a condition level. Each type of item just has a % chance that it could break. It might break right a away or weeks later. Repairing isn't in except to use Tankel to help remove some gold from the game. Of course, he might wreck your items as well. If players could repait things, other ways to remove gold would need to be added.

I think a way to repair your gear would be a great idea

as for taking gold out of the game thieves could be introduced with some type of hyper dexterity so they are near impossible to hit

and they pilfer gold from you on a randomn scale

I know most when they break a sword just drop it and let newbies see if they can fix it

so really the gold going out of the game is money that they direly need on a fifty fifty chance roll

Just an idea but the options are endless

you programmers need to start thinking outside the square and more inside EL lol

(that was just a nice dig not meant with any malcontent PLEASE don't hurt me )

:w00t:

as for taking gold out of the game thieves could be introduced with some type of hyper dexterity so they are near impossible to hit

and they pilfer gold from you on a randomn scale

so people get randomly robbed? how about no.
(that was just a nice dig not meant with any malcontent PLEASE don't hurt me )

:)

muahahaha! another lucky victim!

The system doesn't have anything like a condition level. Each type of item just has a % chance that it could break. It might break right a away or weeks later. Repairing isn't in except to use Tankel to help remove some gold from the game. Of course, he might wreck your items as well. If players could repait things, other ways to remove gold would need to be added.

What I mean by condition is that the condition alters the chances of your gear breaking, so it's possible to break a weapon at 100% condition since it's just the same random chance but less likely