Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest alobar

A player spend 100,000 us $ on a online game.

Guest alobar

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051110-5551.html

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000653067457/

Someone bought a virtual property in a mmorpg for only... 100k real us dollars.Players use their credit card to exchange to ingame money(1$ for 10 ingame units) so they are able to buy weapons.clothes,houses,land etc.In one month were traded items worth 20$ million dollars.

Their website seems down for now,not surprisingly after all the attention and curiosity such news could draw.The game has 300k players,i gave it a try 2 years ago but neither the gameplay or the idea exchanging rl money for ingame currency charmed me.

petropXX40X.jpg

i think the guy is rich enough and dont know where to spend is money at, so why not on a mmorpg :)

This is sick. Just sick. :mace:

No, it's not. It's economic rent.

Exactly. According to Article # 2 he has already broken even and is probably proffitting from it right now.

Edited by TheDoctor

well i play the game too and that guy is just smart becaws what he bought has shop in it so he can make a fortune out of it

You think he will get over 100k from it ? Doubt it =/

so any of you want to "lend" me some money? a couple hundred each would be nice :closedeyes: . nah kiddning :lol:

A friend of mine plays project entropia... he put in 1275 USD and after 2 years he made a total profit of 3000 USD he is stll playing it today and he currently has another 500 USD profit if he would exchange his peds for rl money

Hyperion of EG

A friend of mine plays project entropia... he put in 1275 USD and after 2 years he made a total profit of 3000 USD he is stll playing it today and he currently has another 500 USD profit if he would exchange his peds for rl money

Hyperion of EG

I think anyone could make a profit on that game if they played it long enough. How long does it take hyperion?

Hyperion of EG

I think anyone could make a profit on that game if they played it long enough. How long does it take hyperion?

probably about a year... or 2 :P

Oh my goodness that is sick. Anyway there was a funny line in their mainpage I had to include.

"You may furnish your home with gnomes."

I gave that game a look. The graphics and gameplay are very nice, but the only way to get started in it is to deposit money since you can't kill anything unless you have a sword, which would take a week to buy if you didn't deposit any money. EL is better.

Last I heard he was brininging in over 40k per month. Sounds pretty profitable to me.