Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ssommers

Defend Your Castle

1215 casualties..

this game makes me wanna pee my pants :mellow:

I got the game to an autoplay point, with over 800 archers and the suicide bomber people no one even makes it onto the screen....so I just hit start level come back in like 2 hours when the level is done (and yes, at level 100 they actually do take that long) and hit next level it fun

1215 casualties..

this game makes me wanna pee my pants :mellow:

I got the game to an autoplay point, with over 800 archers and the suicide bomber people no one even makes it onto the screen....so I just hit start level come back in like 2 hours when the level is done (and yes, at level 100 they actually do take that long) and hit next level it fun

:)

How did you ever get 800 archers??? :medieval::blink:

I know I shouldn't, but I'm gonna play it again :mellow:

PS. the big grey stick people always kill my castle.. is there any way besides kamikazee to kill them? if i try to pick them up they just duck..

Edited by ParadoX

I gave up after 800 casualties my arm+hand hurts after trhowing em into the air =/

To turn them into archers, first convert them by dropping them gently into the castle, then later click on the red flag.

I found the most useful way of handling the big guys is the wizards' "Kill" or "Explosion" spells.

How on earth do you stop your units from dying after you get past a certain level?! All my units die after I hit level 15, and every level after that, so I have to continuously build converts to prepare for the next round. ARGH! I can't seem to get past level 17, when four of the big guys come at once, and I have literally NO converts to work with!

How on earth did you manage to raise 800 archers and not let them die on you? I lost 20 archers, 19 wizards, and 5 craftsmen in a single round, for no reason that I can think of.

~Shouja~

Edited by Shouja

spells? how do u cast those? there aren't any buttons.. can i only cast the spells if i have the mana pool thingy?

im saving up on converts now so i can kamikazee the crap outta the big stickpeople later :)

Yeah, first you must get the mana pool. Then train wizards at the yellow flag. Above the yellow flag, you'll see a blue mana bar that continually charges. The more wizards you have, the greater your mana capacity, and the faster it charges.

At first, you'll only have the 'Kill' spell available. That's the skull icon directly beneath the mana bar. When it lights up, it's ready to go. Press '1' on your keyboard to select it, then click on the figure you want to kill. Instant death for big-grey-guy.

The other two spells won't be available unless your number of wizards is high enough to generate the mana capacity to support them. I think you need at least 5-6 wizards to even get the Explosion spell (which basically turns an ENEMY unit into a kamikaze), and about 10-12 wizards for the Convert spell (turns enemy unit into instant convert). Explosion is '2', Convert is '3'.

For the first level where you come across the big grey guys (level 14), use the "Kill" spell, but really really save up your converts for later levels. The next level will have 2 big-greys coming. Pump converts into wizards, and then take both of them out at the same time with an Explosion (ignore the small fry... Explosion will destroy them too. Just make sure you have some craftsmen to take care of the damage to your walls in the meantime).

What I don't know how to overcome is the game killing off my units at the end of every level. :) I can't train enough converts to get sustainable wizard-production to handle the big-greys by the time I hit level 17 (4 big ones at the same time).

~Shouja~

EDIT: AHA! I found the answer to my problem on the game forums. If you don't have enough spendable money to afford all of your units BEFORE the round, they'll die.

Edited by Shouja

I finally got the mana pool and then i trained 5 wizards and lasted 1 lvl then they all died and i didnt have enough converts left to make kamikazees and the big stickpeople kept coming with 2 at a time and the little stickpeople kept banging my door and the craftsmen couldnt repair the door fast enough so then the stickpeople invaded and killed my familly and destroyed my castle and then they went to the nearby village and they killed everybody there and then they killed the king of the country and they took his throne and then they ruled the country and then they went to the other countries and killed all the kings and queens and presidents and then they ruled those countries too and now they rule the world :P

stickpeople scare me. :D

Woot! Got to the point of limitless winning. Hit the 10,000 casualty mark at Level 26, with 100,000 castle health, 300 archers, 100 craftsmen, and 50 wizards.

DefendtheCastle.jpg

I don't have to do anything anymore, just watch them die. (In fact, it's extremely hard to get converts, because my archers pick 'em off too fast for me to click.

~Shouja~

Edited by Shouja

figured out how to keep men form dying in battle. Little thing called upkeep.

When you end a round, you have upkeep taken off of your points. You also get a base amount for surviving the round plus a bonuis for any kills; the accumulating total of this is your score (the upkeep isn't subtracted to get this number). Anyway, if you take upkeep away from score, this is your total spendable points. Then, take away anything else you've already spent, and that's what you have to spend - if you choose.

This is the tricky part - as each round ends, remember what you spent on upkeep. Leave AT LEAST this amount left, or when the next round ends, your units will die off. Also, if you train more units, you need to leave some reserve points to accomodate for this.

And that's the whole trick.

Woot! Got to the point of limitless winning. Hit the 10,000 casualty mark at Level 26, with 100,000 castle health, 300 archers, 100 craftsmen, and 50 wizards.

:blink:

HOW?

I have different numbers but can start next round and walk away as well now :blink:

:hug:

HOW?

Shouja's Guide to Beating the Game

1) Proceed through the first few levels normally. Do not spend any points for the first 10 levels on repair or fortifying unless you're down to about 100 castle health or something. Even then, just boost it up to 500.

2) At the end of the 4th or 5th level, you should have enough points to purchase a Temple. Go get it.

3) For levels 5-8: convert, convert, convert! The first stick man on the screen goes into your Temple, and fill it up again as soon as its empty. You want lots of converts.

4) Buy the Archery Range as soon as you can. Train about 5 archers at first, and add more when necessary. I never needed more than 10, really. Remember to leave points at the end of each level for upkeep.

5) Skip the Demolition Lab. Suicide bombers waste converts. Save up for the Workshop instead. Keep on converting people. You need a large stock of converts and a large amount of points. So from levels 8-10, just focus on getting the Workshop.

6) After you get the Workshop, train about 2-3 craftsmen. They should be sufficient for now. Remember that you don't need to be able to take out large crowds at the same time. All you need is for your castle to repair damage fast enough so that you can pick them off easily one-by-one. Craftsmen > Suicide Bombers.

7) Go after the Mana Pool next. You need to get it by level 14, latest. Once you get it, train 5 wizards. Watch your upkeep levels carefully from now on. Always make sure you have enough and extra points to maintain all of your units.

8) For every level after level 14, train an additional 5 Wizards and 1 Craftsman, and Fortifyx5. For level 15, wait until both giants are close together, then blow them up together with an Explosion. Train more archers to take care of the small fry, and focus on Exploding the giants. Repeat for larger numbers of giants. Keep on converting, too. Use both the Wizards' Convert spell as well as the Temple to constantly recruit. Watch your upkeep. Once you hit level 19-20, you should have enough converts and points to really start recruiting large numbers of people.

9) At level 20, you should have something like: 30 Wizards, 40 Archers, 10 Craftsmen, and about 4000-5000 castle health. From here on, it's easy. Pump converts equally between Wizards and Archers, then use the temple to convert small fry, and the spell to Convert giants. Use the Explosion spell occasionally to kill off people hammering at your gate. The Craftsmen should be able to handle most of the damage while waiting for the Archers to pick them off. If you're taking too much damage, train a few more Craftsmen.

10) Convert, Train Archers, Explode, Fortify, leave enough points for upkeep. Repeat ad nauseum.

Edited by Shouja

what i did was get a mana pool ASAP, and then train as many wizards as your upkeep allows. When you have around 200 wizards you can just convert about any enemy that dares walk to your castle. I intentionally didnt take so much archers, because i want to convert the stickmen, not shoot them :hug:

When you have loads and loads of converts, i trained about 300 archers at once. Didnt have to do anything after that (level 19) :hug:

I did one thing different - by the time I got the temple, I converted everyone I could. Then I saved up for an Archery Range, and started training archers. I ignored the workshop.

Somehow, about the time I had trained 50 archers, I was needing to do something for my walls - and I had a workshop (strange, I don't remember paying for one (oh, and between levels I hadn't)). So, I trained about 20 craftsmen, and then worked on getting archers up to 100.

By then, I had the points for a mana pool, which I used to train mages at this point. I got to 50, and used these from here on out for conversions (as well as the old temple method, but this was both slow and hard (with archers shooting). I aimed more specifically at the big gray guys, so as to get them out of the way, and used new recruits to get archers to 300. In the meantime, I had worked on minor increases in the wall - 5000-10,000 at this point.

Anyway, by this point, there wasn't much to do but sit back - but I didn't quite do that. I clicked the black guys - they blow up nicely. I converted the big guys, and made more archers. I still temple converted a few small sticks, but the archers took most.

Eventually, I had 1000 archers, 50 mages, 20 craftmen, and more than enough points - so I bumped up the wall slightly, reaching 100,000 first, and later 250,000, where I am now, with over 10,000,000 points (total), over 4 million to spend, and over 50,000 casualties. Also, I did finish up the purchases of workshop and demolitions. Mainly, I can just let the archers take care of the battle, and the only real concern is as many as 10 bombers who get passed the arrows and hit the wall.

Again, one of the MOST critical factors is to remember to leave points left over for upkeep. If you don'e, they will die, and you won't have them.

hehe i made it up to 3652 casualties @ lvl 20 with the help of Shouja's Guide.. still playing now though :lol:

EDIT: at 10k+ casualties now.. lol

EDIT2: castle2.jpg and counting... :)

Edited by ParadoX