Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moebird

2 problems since the major update [SOLVED]

Since the major update, the F2 key no longer connects to the internet when i press it. i missed several interesting/important web references that way because it's too much trouble to copy the address by hand and enter it character by character. One other problem, the #unmark command does not work at all. I can mark things on my maps but can't remove the marks. This also happened after the major update.

Edited by Derin

I imagine for your f2 issue, you will have to go and reassign a browser in your el.ini by putting a # in front of either the internet explorer path or firefox or whatever you choose. I think when you redownloaded the game/update, it got reset to nothing. It should look like this:

For Windows NT/2K/XP

browser = "start iexplore.exe"

#browser = "start firefox.exe"

I use firefox so this is what MINE looks like. There is also a setting for linux further down in your el.ini.

As to your being unable to unmark your maps, the way to do it is ctrl right-click on the mark you want removed. Mine works fine, I've done it since the update. Maybe do a search to see if others have this same problem.

Since the major update, the F2 key no longer connects to the internet when i press it. i missed several interesting/important web references that way because it's too much trouble to copy the address by hand and enter it character by character.

using windows? the current method uses the windows default web browser... if you have one set as default, it should work (which is better than how it was, you had to edit el.ini to set the right browser). if you don't have one set (and most will complain when you start them up if they're not set as default), try setting one. if you do, there's something else wrong and we need to find out what

using *nix? check your el.ini, and that's the one in ~/.elc/, not in the data_dir, and make sure the browser is set to a working filename

also, check your key.ini (in ~/.elc/ on *nix, c:\program files\eternal lands\ on windows), and make sure that the browser key isn't set to something else (if you're missing the file, get it from a fresh install)

and one other option, which I'm getting a lot... press the key harder :D some of my keys aren't as responsive as they used to be (if F2 works fine for other programs, though, then it's a diff issue)

One other problem, the #unmark command does not work at all. I can mark things on my maps but can't remove the marks. This also happened after the major update.

not sure what the #unmark problem is, but you should be able to ctrl+right-click on marks to remove them (though only the green ones, you have to finish the yellow ones first)

failing that, you can delete mapname.elm.txt to wipe all mapmarks for that file

Edited by ttlanhil

Well when i downloaded the game for the update, there was none set by default on mine. I had to do it myself.