Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Gen store and Magic shop colors

I didn't think of this much as a bug but a few of the people on the game said Ishould say this here. There really needs to be a larger contrast for the yellow and green (I think) for the magic shops and gen stores marked on the maps. I'm pretty colorblind so I can't tell either of them apart at all, and I've met at least 10 other people who have the same issue telling them apart. It'd be great if there was a diff color or maybe a symbol to tell them apart. The same goes for telling the booksellers and storages apart, but I think that one's just my lousy eyesight since no1 else complains about it. :mellow:

If its that big of a problem for you, go near a gen. store/magic shop and type #mark magic or #mark general. It will help you determine them more on the map.

I was thinking about the color blind problem and wonder if each dot could have a unique shape as well as color.

Most people who are color blind only have troulbe with distinguishing between green and red, its rare that it is all the colors actually.

The one that I actually had trouble with as a newb, before I knew where the storages were was the storages and the taverns. They are both really close in color.

heh :D

Thats true Doctor

I dont think that its realy a problem but... the shapes idea sound kind of cool.

*Gives TheDoctor a big warm :mean: *

A friend of mine is actually colorblind an he can't see any colour, except a little shade of a colour. So maybe giving the dots a unique shape would be a good idea.

First off Doctor, the most common colorblindnesses people have are having difficulty distinguishing green, yellow, and bright orange, red and brown, and blue to purple. I kinda having all 3 along with nearly complete coloblindness to red (almost gray to me). I think that idea with the symbols would be great tho, because in the last 2 weeks alone I'm starting to realize exactly how many people are colorblind, I've met at least 20 ppl in the game who are and at my school I've met 4 other people.

and btw, about the marking, I can't even read the markers on my map so I just try to remember what's what.

EDIT:Not to be mean to you doctor, I just noticed I kinda said this in a mean way (whoops) :hiya:

Edited by TheComet

I have zero problem with these. It's storage and tavern that get me. Well they used to. After the update, I noticed they darkened storage. :hiya:

Green and yellow are 2 different colours, I don't get it. -_-

EDIT: Errr woops, didn't read the colourblind part. Sorry. :P

Edited by MindFreak