Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lostsurfer

disconnection [SOLVED]

at least 4 times a day wenever im on ill get disconnected and it wont let me on for a while...like 5-20 minutes...is it just happening to me...or is it a usual?

Edited by Derin

Sounds like you are using Norton Anti Virus, if so, you need to configure Norton to allow the EL game server to be accessed without checking the data. Norton is known for blocking EL.

If not, you need to check your internet connection to the EL server.

Ok...Norton is blocking it because its running over port 2000 via TCP, which is identified as a BD insane 4.0...is it just norton or do i have a key logger and thats y its not letting me on?

BD Insane 4.0

Severity: High

This attack could pose a serious security threat. You should take immediate action to stop any damage or prevent further damage from happening.

Description

This signature detects Backdoor Insane 4.0 activity.

Additional Information

Backdoor Insane 4.0 is a Trojan that opens up a backdoor program that, once installed on a system, permits unauthorized users to remotely extract passwords, manage files, manipulate display, etc. Insane typically runs over port 2000 via TCP.

Affected:

Microsoft Windows

Response

There are several Backdoor detection programs on the market that are said to be able to scan for and detect a Backdoor Insane 4.0 server on your system. Some of the better known AntiVirus vendors have included detection strings in their virus definitions.

I had the very same problem as you. First, open up your Nortan Firewall. You should get a list of links, click on "Personal Firewall" and hit the "Configure" tab. A new window should open up. Click the "Networking" tab at the top of this new window. You should see a "Trusted" and "Restricted" section. Simply enter the IP address into the "Trusted" section. Done.

Let me know if this works.

Matteyu

The BD Insane 4.0 report from Norton is a mistake on their side. Norton seems to think that EL is a malicious program because it uses port 2000. This is not true.