Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rilder

crash on load

meh i give up... obviously a crappy game if they allow it to not work. I just wait for Roma-Victor

206311[/snapback]

Well, it works for the rest of us, so....but if you don't want help, we can't force you.

smalul, this clearly indicates that you didn't get the correct installation of your ATi drivers. Get the uninstall tool ad reinstall the graphicsdrivers again.

For WinXP this paricular driver set is called: 5-9_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_26409.exe

And the catalyst uninstaller, you find here: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9448/1m/dlm...uninstaller.exe

206042[/snapback]

I am using the correct drivers. I downloaded the 5-9_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_26409.exe file, booted the computer in safe mode, used the cat-uninstaller.exe uninstaller, started the computer again, and installed the new drivers. And I did it before you posted this here.

If this is a driver problem, it must originate at ATI (maybe their new drivers don't fully support my Radeon 9000 Pro video card anymore).

I also like to note that once the game is working (after 2 or 3 tries), I haven't had any problems with it (well - once, when I tried to use the #cls command, it crashed).

Edited by smalul

Smalul;

So it seems to work for you then :D

You can also try to disable the global filters in your EL.ini file and restart (just disabling it in game does nothing).

1. Video card drivers updated to the lastest verion.

2. Global filters disabled (#use_global_filters = 0 in the el.ini file).

3. 50%-70% of the times I try to start the game (double click its icon), it crashes after I enter my username and password (basically - the problem isn't solved). The rest of the time it works fine.

4. I would like to keep on playing this game - it seems very nice.

Go into the EL folder and do the following

Error: Can't open file "./textures/fontv.bmp"- go into the textures folder, right click on the file font and copy it and name it fontv.bmp.

No Anim: ./animations/player_slash1.caf- go into the animations folder and click on the file player_slash and copy it and name it player_slash1.bmp

No Anim: ./animations/canine_pain.caf-" " " right click on the file canine_pain1.caf and copy it and rename it canine_pain.caf

No Anim: ./animations/canine_idlel.caf --same process as before

Error: can't open file "./textures/particle5.bmp"--textures folder,right click on particle4.bmp and copy and rename it particle5.bmp

Error: can't open file "./textures/particle6.bmp"--textures folder,right click on particle4.bmp and copy and rename it particle6.bmp

Error: can't open file "./textures/particle7.bmp"--textures folder,right click on particle4.bmp and copy and rename it particle.bmp

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this