Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttlanhil

new items/perks

carry cap medallion. maybe an extra 50EMU, or +20% or something

hunters' luck perk/cape: chance to get extra on drops (whether it'd be doubled items, or just more likely to get cool stuff)

books of reference (+5, say, to <skill>, while in inventory. how much of a boost would vary depending on skill. optionally could stack with potions)

rings of warp (use to teleport, goes to a random non-PK map... 4/5 times. the other 1/5 it goes to a PK map or underworld and breaks... possibly also unusable on PK maps. no sure if that'd be good)

opinions?

carry cap medallion. maybe an extra 50EMU, or +20% or something

hunters' luck perk/cape: chance to get extra on drops (whether it'd be doubled items, or just more likely to get cool stuff)

books of reference (+5, say, to <skill>, while in inventory. how much of a boost would vary depending on skill. optionally could stack with potions)

rings of warp (use to teleport, goes to a random non-PK map... 4/5 times. the other 1/5 it goes to a PK map or underworld and breaks... possibly also unusable on PK maps. no sure if that'd be good)

opinions?

192855[/snapback]

carry capacity med - i prefer Dunian's (?) suggestion of having a bag (or rucksack) that goes in your cape slot.

hunters luck cape - love this idea! it could be a dark green with brown trimmed bottom edge :)

books of reference - very good idea ttl! how many uses would these books have?infinite? would they weigh alot? (im thinking about manufacturers etc?) how would you get them? i think a rare monster drop? that way they wouldnt get too common and people wouldnt be able to pot/god/book and make super dooper items when they're low level...

ring of warp - i dont really see a proper use for this...wouldnt people just use a normal tele ring??

I love all of those ideas! :pinch:

Here's more we might be able to get.

Spirit Protection Med - When worn, decreases your ethereal points instead of heath points when you get hit, untill it reaches 0. Nice eh? :o

Ring of Temporary Monster Magnetism/Artificer/Fast Regeneration/Excavator - Gives you the specific ring's perk for 1 min (or 2, or 5, or 10, depending on the big bosses)...

meh..

carry capacity med - i prefer Dunian's (?) suggestion of having a bag (or rucksack) that goes in your cape slot.

works too. I just decided it was time to post the ideas I had stored away for I dunno how long
books of reference - very good idea ttl! how many uses would these books have?infinite? would they weigh alot? (im thinking about manufacturers etc?) how would you get them? i think a rare monster drop? that way they wouldnt get too common and people wouldnt be able to pot/god/book and make super dooper items when they're low level...

i think I got the idea from arcanum, you can get books to boost a technological skill by 8 points (each rank is 10 points). you'd have the effect as long as you carry it (you can refer to it for help, after all... and this means it wouldn't be available for combat). they probably wouldn't stack with each other. you'd probably buy these from the schools (monster drops are far too common)
ring of warp - i dont really see a proper use for this...wouldnt people just use a normal tele ring??

192857[/snapback]

if you're lucky, the warp ring will take you many interesting places and never break. that's the fun of it 8^) (the chance for it to go bad can be tweaked so people use it)

Spirit Protection Med - When worn, decreases your ethereal points instead of heath points when you get hit, untill it reaches 0. Nice eh? :pinch:
ooh...

Ring of Temporary Monster Magnetism/Artificer/Fast Regeneration/Excavator - Gives you the specific ring's perk for 1 min (or 2, or 5, or 10, depending on the big bosses)...

meh..

192868[/snapback]

yup, that has been suggested as a spell before as well

Edited by ttlanhil