Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

New (awesome) skill

Well, since EL lacks group activity, and especially group fighting (parties, groups, raids), we can add a new skill/mini game - Raiding. We can have npc towns, with destructible houses ( new towns, in the ghost areas of some maps), and ppl in them. It can add new weapons, that can only be dropped, not manued, crafted etc.

Weapon N1: IF WE GET RANGED WEAPS - Flaming arrows, normal arrows, but dipped in tar, we can prolly add tar/oil pits, so you can dip ur normal arrows in them. They can be fired @ a house/yurt and set it ablaze.

Weapon N2 : I've seen this on several documentaries about Ghengis Khan ( I don't care how you spell it, i know i misspelled it :P ), a rope/chain with spikes/nails. ONLY IF WE GET RIDEABLE STUFF, two horsemen are required to operate it. They hold each end , and pull it appart, whilst galloping, the thing wraps around a yurt/tent , and rips it off the ground.

Weapon N3 : Twelve cats whip ( direct translation from a book, my time is too precious to be wasted on a game I don't develop, or haven't been asked to make research for)- I think u imagine what it is - a normal whip , with 12 strings each ending with a spiked ball, STILL IF WE GET RIDEABLE STOOF ( image raiding on foot , duh). It can be used as a self-def weapon, or from horseback, to kill many unarmored targets that are fleeing.

Weapon N4 : Bolas/Net to stop a target/s from moving.

Weapon N5 : Similar to N2, but for use on ppl, Perhaps looking something like a spiked net.

These would all require a certain raiding skill, like magic. Raiding can be lvled by using the upmentioned weaps, I'll post another batch , when i come up with new ones.

a rope/chain with spikes/nails.

187921[/snapback]

do you meen num-chucks :icon14: (i think i spelled it wrong too :P )

Not quite Duckyo, I think he's referring to a rope or chain stretched between two riders (at a distance from each other of 15-20 feet) which would be used for attempting to pull down temporary structures.

you do know they have to make horses first?and then make them at least rideable and then allow there to be horseback fighting?so theres a lot of things that have to be done(if it is ever trying to look on the bright side)

Thats why i added the if's. This sugg wont be accepted:

1. becuz it involves pk

2. becuz i sugged it

3. becuz itll make el go above comic mischief ( or wutevas the lowest esrb rating)

Ehm, that would be EC, and I think only 5 games ever got it. Ever. And one of them was for game boy color. Btw, EL has killing of rabbits, attacking human-like objects, T-i at least. (Yes. I read their ratings book. I got bored, okay?)

N3 is cat of nine tails, btw. And who said you'd have to go PK? Many NPC's have towns. Many NPC's need to be raided beacuse of such. Killing of people is fun, especially when they're not you.

oh i thought it sounded lie num-chucks ^_^

Free are you sure it's cat of nine tails, cuz it has a lot more tails than nine. I'll check the book again. Oh, and another weap - a mace with three balls - with relativly long chains, so it can be used to slay fleeing peasants. Ur right bout the pk bit, but anything with the slightest hint of more violence, would be rejected I think. But compared to what i play, EL stands G for grandma. LMFAO - Atleast a T, rihihihoohooha, it has to get AO. :P

Edited by Dimov

uhm some idea's are good but some suck...

like the bolas: just go into kf with ur bolas and kill Cg easily because he can't move because you used the bolas.

the raiding idea is good but why unarmed npc's? armed one's would make it more difficult and much more fun :hehe:

and for the rest... this is a fantasy game so why bring more IRL weapons into the game instead of some fantasy thing's ? :)

Edited by Hardcore

not a fan of this...would be hard to code yes? and think of the server space required. and the poor little newbies caught up in the cafuffle.

also reminds me ALOT of WoW. using other game's ideas would mean we would lose the originality of el...we dont want that. as for ridable animals, not for a long time so i heard.if at all.

personally i think your weopon suggestions are weak...you need more originality, see dunian's post on class specific items.

You have raised a fair point though, el does lack group activity. One suggestion i made a while ago, was to use bots to create a 'mini fighting force' a bit like an invasion, that would raid towns, you have to defend the town of course. One thought was to use the ants...i did speak to learner about this *briefly* but havent heard much back from him. they could also be used to reinact battle scenarios in open field battles...

this could of course be a service that could be bought by a small band of fighters.

Edited by pennifuin

It isn't wow. We are raiding villages, not an opposing side. A raid means a group of more than 5 ppl. We can have 10 ppl on horses i.e. That raid a small village with many peasants and guards, not other players <_<

do you meen num-chucks :icon14: (i think i spelled it wrong too :P )

187964[/snapback]

___________________________________________________________-

im sure u both mean a chinese styled Chain mace

:smartass:

No you n00bster , the nun-chuk is a sectional weapon, not a mace, and neither is the chain. Learn English :P, a mace is a heavy blunt object.

No you n00bster , the nun-chuk is a sectional weapon, not a mace, and neither is the chain. Learn English :icon13:, a mace is a heavy blunt object.

191700[/snapback]

've seen this on several documentaries about Ghengis Khan ( I don't care how you spell it, i know i misspelled it tongue.gif ), a rope/chain with spikes/nails.

a handle with a rope or chain and a spiked ball or somthing to hold the "spikes/nails"

u fool :glare: :glare:

and i didnt say "mace"wut u said, i said CHAIN mace a big diffrence pal...and the chinese used these type of weapons in warfare so even try to tell me the chinese didnt use chain or rope mace's!...........and a weapon with a rope or chain used on a horse is this

654-mini.jpg

Melee weapons come in a huge variety of forms and variations, with a broad cross-over in names, such as mace, morning star, and flail being used interchangable in some contexts.

That WOW had this is really irrelevant -- real life had it first, and that is a far richer background to pluck ideas from. Not that this will be implemented though.

Could this be done as a monster invasion? Though it would be good to see some various human (dwarf, elf, etc) models used in the role (pirate, bandits, soldiers bearing a coat-of-arms etc).

ok now somone is starting to make sense. but implimenting a weopon, used on horseback..between two player...to knock over tents? :D sounds rather silly if you ask me!oh well... :D

trollson, are you suggesting a 'reverse invasion'? :bow_arrow:

Edited by pennifuin