Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Luxutana

New CLoak or Perk

I think the idea is to go the other way. We WANT people to use weapons and deal more damage, not less for more experience. The first creatures are best barehanded, but later you SHOULD find using a weapon on stonger monsters gives more experience.

Good point Brom. A blow that takes 20 hp from a monster should give more experience, than two for 10 hp. It'd be an incentive to use weapons on monsters.

What about a "Cloak of Many Uses"?

It would draw resources from your inventory, to generate its special ability.

- air essences: Walk faster

- earth essences: Mine Faster

- fire essences: Alchemy is faster

- life essence: Mother Nature will be appeased

- whatever...

...well, on second thought I don't like it that much. But I'll put it up for comments and suggestions nonetheless.

Good point Brom. A blow that takes 20 hp from a monster should give more experience, than two for 10 hp. It'd be an incentive to use weapons on monsters.

181473[/snapback]

Thats a really good suggestion.

There has been a lot of discussion about how to make the use of weapons an advantage, and not many ideas really pan out when you look at them in detail. This is just simple enough that it may just work...

Not sure how the current system determines xps, other than its a blow-by-blow mechanism. If it was based on damage inflicted (ATT) or avoided (DEF), then just adding in a small power term may be sufficient to bias combatants to using weapons.

Say, raise to power ~1.2, multiply by some scaling factor to keep the same average xp rate. Some balancing and tuning would be needed of course.

How about a Pker magnetism or a invasion magnetism cloak. That way you can still go on with your regular duties during invasions and be safe from pkers when doing quests like wine quest were you have to venture into talraji.

Ive never understood monster magnetism cloak. I always wanted to put it on and have the monsters magnatised towards me. Well just maybe a cloak that does the opposite of mm would be excellent for experience purposes. Just have to be careful where you use it :smartass:

Ive never understood monster magnetism cloak. I always wanted to put it on and have the monsters magnatised towards me. Well just maybe a cloak that does the opposite of mm would be excellent for experience purposes. Just have to be careful where you use it  :smartass:

182811[/snapback]

Potion of Troll Pheromones...