Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Testing server

extracted all about 3 times.. logged onto el about 3 times.. found out i had to move all the data into eternal lands directory, so i did that... now i cant get onto el cuz zlib1.dll was not found!! what to do?! :confused:

179872[/snapback]

type zlib1.dll in google and download it and put it in ur EL i think :P

Now the link aint work anymore in ur post wytter. :/

Okay. I freely admit I should have been born blonde. All of that aside, could someone please help me get this to work? I put it all in a folder on my desktop, and when I click on the el icon, I get a dll error. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

it keeps crashing each time i try to make a new person

well i got the zlib1 file now as shivar said, it works fine but now i have the crashing problem when i try to creater a char.

btw should this client also work on the normal server cause i can login to that one though....

Edited by gestion

um the normal seer is on port:2000 test client is on port:2002

In a nutshell,

"This application has failed to start because wrap_oal.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I uninstalled and re-installed EL twice trying to fix it...wheeeeee ;)

thats the error

Thanks

Mck

The new pack, Includes the zlib1.dll, use that instead, the most common issues so far...

The client has snow on the IP map.

Carnt see local text.

Carnt use the NPC's.

Carnt leave IP on a boat.

Missing SDL.DLL

All of these are because the el.zip wasnt extracted to the correct location

Make sure there isnt an el folder insider your eternal-lands directory

IF there is, Move all the files inside it, To your eternal-lands directory.

Note, The el.zip, Isnt a full install of eternal-lands. You MUST have the offical eternal-lands client installed first!.

Also note, This is not some fancy installer, Its not quite as simpile as point click and wait.

Edited by Zep

just updated from CVS a half an hour ago, built and ready for use... my version at http://ttlanhil.tripod.com/EL/client_102.htm

this plus the 1.0.2-test2 package is everything you need. follow the instructions on the site. if there are any more problems with missing files, let us know

(this one includes zlib1, iconv, openAL, and the Cal3d stuff... as well as latest encyclopedia, books for char creation, and all the rest)

Okay, I now have a full and complete installer. much easier than messing around with copying directories, unzipping stuff, etc. it's as simple as 1-2-3

1: download the following file

2: run it, read & accept license

3: run your new EL!

note, this will put a new icon on your desktop, and a new option in your start->program files->eternal lands folder

you will need to right-click -> copy address, then open a new window/tab and paste the address in. freewebs will send you back here otherwise.

http://www.freewebs.com/ttlanhil/Setup_EL_pre102.exe

it's possible (if you have an older version of windows, mostly) that you will be missing a .dll or two. if so, say which one and I'll make a copy of that available

edit:

oh yes, you do not need anything else, don't bother about the 1.0.2-test2 or anything. this one file has it all

it comes in at 18Mb... the update file is 15Mb or so anyway, so including all the rest doesn't take much more space

Edited by ttlanhil

:P Is everything in the full dL pack avaliable seperately? cos even with a cable modem, it would be taking about 5 hours. im too impatient for that lol. ;)

:P Is everything in the full dL pack avaliable seperately? cos even with a cable modem, it would be taking about 5 hours. im too impatient for that lol.  ;)

180546[/snapback]

I considered it but decided not to bother. unless you've already moved to cal3d (the updated files for which is a 15Mb or so download alone) then you still have a lot of downloading to do.

if you have the cal3d update pack, then extracting that to a copy of your EL directory, then grabbing my precompiled client from http://ttlanhil.tripod.com/EL/client_102.htm will set you up (but read that page for one last step). that's only a bit over 1Mb... but do not get this unless you have the ~15Mb update-1.0.2-test2.tar.bz2 file

yes, I have to be so insistent. we're getting far too many people log in and wondering why things don't work, because they have old maps and client. if they get just the client they'll still have problems 8^)

edit: actually... the other option of downloading that pack and following those steps is still available. and I think the server that one's on is a bit faster. it just means more work (great thing about the installer is it does everything for you)

Edited by ttlanhil

Found that if I kept a command window open with a persistent ping running at freewebs that the download from Ttlanhil's site seems to run a little faster :P Thanks btw Ttlanhil!

To do this just open a DOS window and type in the command:

ping www.freewebs.com /t

Then leave that running in the backround while you download. No idea why this works (a network engineer explained it to me once but, alas, it was over my head).

Found that if I kept a command window open with a persistent ping running at freewebs that the download from Ttlanhil's site seems to run a little faster ;) Thanks btw Ttlanhil!

To do this just open a DOS window and type in the command:

ping www.freewebs.com /t

Then leave that running in the backround while you download. No idea why this works (a network engineer explained it to me once but, alas, it was over my head).

180664[/snapback]

weird.

but oh well, if it works...

I spent a while trying to find other places out there to have extra copies of the file... but most of them wanted to have a webpage to link to the file, which just makes things more confusing

I believe the explanation involved maintaining an active path to the server if that helps make any sense of it *shrug* May well be myth but it does *seem* to work.

the el.zip updated, As of a checkout from 2 hours ago.

Includes a hella of a lot of bug fixes.

All the dll's neccacry to run the client have been added,

So if you use this, And you see a funny texture on the rules screen when creating a char, You didnt install it properly.

ttl will be updating his installer soon also. If it hasnt happened already.

Any issues, Then post here.

freewebs won't allow me to delete the file, so I'm assuming people are downloading it.

in the meantime, I have updated http://ttlanhil.tripod.com/EL/client_102.htm with the latest client-only... you still need the big file to use this one (but if you already have the update pack and have been on test server, you can use this to update)

as a side note, does anyone know where I could host a ~20M file? freewebs isn't always the best for large file, but it has enough space and allows hotlinking

update: just uploaded another version to tripod. latest CVS.

update: and again! go me! (CVS has been active lately. lotsa bugfixe and such now that we have people testing)

update: the full installer (at ~21meg since it now includes lotsa maps) is available for download again (where the maps from the update have more details, like the temples, they are included. otherwise I've included ones from my mappack)

If you got the previous one, just get the smaller update from tripod listed above

Edited by ttlanhil

the el.zip updated, As of a checkout from 2 hours ago.

Includes a hella of a lot of bug fixes.

All the dll's neccacry to run the client have been added,

So if you use this, And you see a funny texture on the rules screen when creating a char, You didnt install it properly.

ttl will be updating his installer soon also. If it hasnt happened already.

Any issues, Then post here.

180934[/snapback]

i tired this client and it works fine (as far as i have tried it) the only thing is i can't play in windowed mode anymore :bow_arrow:

i tired this client and it works fine (as far as i have tried it) the only thing is i can't play in windowed mode anymore  :huh:

180951[/snapback]

yeah some issue with my libs not detecting accelorated vid now. So software mode is full screen etc.

yeah some issue with my libs not detecting accelorated vid now. So software mode is full screen etc.

181174[/snapback]

worked it out, Delete the opengl32.dll

when i ran that the game was so laggy that i couldnt even talk

did i do something wrong or is my computer just slow???? :glare: