Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kl4Uz

deathbags the 100th...

All bag related threads:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...9&highlite=bags

Okay listen up ;)

I don't suggest removing deathbags, I don't suggest changing item drop rates when you die, nor that only the dropper can pick it up or anything like that. Now that I finished the "don't" part I can start with the "do's" ;)

Imagine if you die you leave a cadaver, well not really a cadaver, maybe more like a shade of a body + your bag.

Pros

- deathbag stealers can be revealed much easier!

- adds more atmosphere to dieing

- you can find your bag more easily

Cons

- Bagjumpers will find deathbags more easily

plz noticed, with the next update (or one of the next updates) bag flags (e.g. "Rojas bag") will be introduced anyways as far as I read here on the forums.

Well I'm not sure myself if this is acutally a good ideas, so we really should consider all the pros and cons and maybe I will need to add some more.

Another suggestion of mine is to reduce the bag time, to maybe ~5 minutes.

That way it will become harder for massproducers, we will have less bagspamm and more challenge in hunting down a bag.

Please let me know what you think,

:) kl4Uz

5 minutes is too hard, if your comp crashes and u die in CM at fluff, you wont have a chance to get i back in time (if shivar didnt take it already :) )

Edited by bofred

One thing I would like to see with deathbags is ID.

Basically when you pick up a deathbag, something tells you who the bag belonged to. It could be an item that appears in the bag (which disappears when you "use" it to find out who it belonged to) or a message when you pick it up.

If it is an item that appears in the bag it could be programmed in the same way that furs and bones appear - as a part of your "corpse" when you die.

This means that when you find a deathbag in the middle of nowhere you are able to track down the person who died much more easily.

Pros:

- more people will get their deathbags back when dying

- new players who haven't figured out how to work the channels have a better chance of recovering their things

- net result - better sense of community

Cons:

- none that I can see aside from coding it in... bagjumpers still have no obligation to return the deathbag... they will just know who it came from.

Hap_Loder

reduce the bag time, to maybe ~5 minutes.

172366[/snapback]

actually instead of bags time reducing i think the time should increase... its sometimes really hard to get there in-time

I dunno about that. if everyone gets their deathbag after they die, dying wouldn't be a problem at all, other than in pk maps and crowded areas (ie storages)

There has to be a bigger punishment for dying in my opinion, because now almost everybody can get out of the underworld very easily and quickly (esp. if they have the map <_< ).

A harsher punishment will make people be more afraid of death, and plan where to go and what to do more carefully.

This can also give the game some sort of realism, in the sense that when you die, something very bad may happen to you.

I'm just saying, if anything there should be a harsher punishment for death, in my opinion. Because right now, there isn't much of a punishment at all. Hell is easy to get out of and death bags are usually returned to the person who lost them

I'm just saying, if anything there should be a harsher punishment for death, in my opinion.  Because right now, there isn't much of a punishment at all.  Hell is easy to get out of and death bags are usually returned to the person who lost them

172664[/snapback]

I agree http://www.other-life.com/faq.shtml#21

I'm just saying, if anything there should be a harsher punishment for death, in my opinion.  Because right now, there isn't much of a punishment at all.  Hell is easy to get out of and death bags are usually returned to the person who lost them

172664[/snapback]

It is easy for players with more experience to get back items they lost than for new players. And new players die a lot. A newbie that dies on IP because of a deer or a rat and looses his first armor and sword, looses quite a lot. And has a hard time to get it back without begging.

My suggestion wouldn't change a thing - gameplay wise. You would still loose exactly what you loose right now. And everyone could pick it up. But everyone could see - wait a person just died here. And there would be a better chance that the former owners get their items back. Items you drop are not drained from the game - they just change owners (or not). With this suggestion it would be easier for the owners to get their stuff back I think. That's all.

Adding a Con to having a shade of your former being. It gives the game more relism, but likewise adds to the adult nature of the game (Which I do not mind) But trying to find anything we may get complaits about it would be Blood, gore and death. Just my two cents. its not a big con, since I feel this game holds an older playerbase.