Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snorebum

Access to newb channel for all players ?

I mentioned this as part of the Food thread, but thought it might deserve its own thread. I'm reading more how we should be hiring newbs for jobs like bringing us food, coal, etc.

This is fine, but it seems to me that those players that still have access to the Newb channel will have a big advantage in this. Are the newbs being activly encouraged to use the Market channel? I often post requests for deliveries there that go unfilled, I suspect because most newbs aren't on the Market channel, they are on the Newb channel.

Could we have access to the Newb channel again? Or could something be done to allow players to be on 2 channels, so the Newbs could be on the Newb channel and the Market channel?

Also, part of the problem is Newbs have a hard time finding there way around, especially in the Crystal Cavern... how about making a map of the Cavern, that can be viewed by a player after he/she has completed the crystal quest? That way the quest is still challenging, but after it is completed an extra reward is given: a map of that place.

Cool. Until then, what about letting us have access to the Newb channel again? Seems unfair that some players have access and some don't. I recall one evening, everybody in the game had their access removed... but many people that have joined since then can still access it, even though they are not newbs anymore. Why?