Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JaneMuffin

Pig Skin Death Burka

You are accusing Clinton of cheating on his wife? Who cares? Take a look at the statistics (YES, in USA TOO, not only in that old, rotten, immoral Europe of mine) and how many people do that to their partners. Politicians are human beings as well.

170917[/snapback]

Clinton cheated on his wife, and, admittedly, that should have remained private. It didn't. I'm not saying he isn't human, or that politicians don't err. My very point in even mentioning that is below, because it continues.

Perhaps I'm in a minority, but I strongly believe that the war in former Yugoslavia was NOT begun to make people forget the sexual scandal. Maybe you should blame Milosevic for taking huge retaliatory actions against the Kosovo Albanians  after the Kosovo Liberation Army's terrorist attacks JUST WHEN the sexual scandal was beginning to be discussed? A huge international conspiracy to fool the American people, perhaps? <_< Involving Milosevic, Clinton and Ibrahim Rugova? Man, that would make a GREAT political fiction novel.

170917[/snapback]

I'm not saying the situations only arose when Clinton did something naughty, just that he only acted when that happened. Maybe you didn't get to see the split screen live news I got to, of Serbia getting bombed JUST as the House of Representatives voted on impeachment charges. Maybe you also didn't see the same reporters doing similar news feeds cutscreen, of Baghdad lighting up from American bombs JUST as the Senate was voting on impeachment. The most visible acts were so precisely timed to what Congress was doing, it was HORRIBLY suspect at that point.

Lying to his own people. LOL. A politician's private life is his private life. As long as it doesn't break the law. That Lewinsky scandal was pathetic and gave Europeans another reason to think that the American society is ridden with hipocrisy and narrow-mindedly puritan.

170917[/snapback]

Again, yes, a private life made public. When that happened, he was put under oath about that, and then lied. WAIT. Lie + Under Oath = PERJURY. Wow, are you suggesting still he didn't break the law? We have other people in our nation, who did the exact same thing he did. They aren't drawing pensions for having been part of the US Government. They aren't signing book deals. They are serving hard time in our prisons. And, that being the law, is exactly where Bill Clinton should be, in my opinion.

An idiotic mistake, I agree. The mere fact that I support the NATO intervention in the former Yugoslavia doesn't mean that I have to be blind to mistakes.

World War? Mao is dead. The Chinese economy is addicted to USA and the West.

I'm not saying that Clinton was a saint. I don't care, in fact.

170917[/snapback]

You still haven't admitted the one thing I've tried to point out: you are more willing to forgive what technically could have been declared an open declaration of war between nuclear powers, than the bombing of a family that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not to put the lives of Chinese diplomats above Middle Eastern party guests, as I personally feel every life has value. However, an attack on an embassy is an act of war.

I also knew you didn't have to be blind to mistakes, just wondered why you were being selective.

I know that USA armed Iraq against Iran. I'm just amazed that now they are trying to blame everything on them bad terrorists and showing them as a source of all evil without being able to admit to their own mistakes. When you give a terrorist a weapon you HAVE to calculate that he might use it against you one day. I CAN'T BELIEVE such scenario has not been considered in the Policy Planning Department. American intelligence with all those pathetic squabblings between FBI, CIA and so on helped Osama greatly.

170917[/snapback]

You know, it's called playing politics. If they outright admitted they messed up years ago, and now we have to fix it, they'd be out of office rather quickly; the American people wouldn't stand for it. So they dress it up pretty, leave out the personal responsibility, make it sound nice, and then go fix the problem. Every government does it. Is that an excuse, that since we caused it, we can't try to fix it?

Right, but in my opinion, what the USA is doing is fighting terrorism as a result of poverty, not SOURCES of terrorism - which is poverty. Fighting poverty is not done with an army. The current policy in my opinion will not help, because even if the US army somehow manages to kill all terrorists there are, people will remain poor and such a situation will spawn a new generation of terrorists - and another war on terrorism.

170917[/snapback]

There's a problem with your thinking: you seem to assume that the people are ready and able to take our money and fix themselves if all we did was send it. Simply put, in my opinion, we can't fight the root of the problem if we can't get through the problem. Terrorism has become more than just the symptom; it IS a problem now. We can fight terrorism, but if poverty remains, terrorism won't go anywhere. We also can fight poverty, but if we don't fight the terrorism, we'd do better shoveling huge buckets of money into a fire. Or, we could fight both, which is the attempt we HAVE been making.

Why?

170917[/snapback]

Call me naive, but I still think my vote means something. I voted for Bush on what he stood for, and your hypothetical would be completely counter to that.

So... you are actually admitting that the war is waged in favour of oil companies, not in favour of democracy and well-being of the Iraquis?

170917[/snapback]

You fail to note my sarcasm.

If I understood correctly, you are saying that such an event would turn the American society against the Republicans, which would result in losing the elections. In that case, God help (some) Americans with their short-sightedness.

170917[/snapback]

Few things to note, so maybe you can understand me on what I SAID, instead of what you want me to have said.

1.) While the majority of Congress currently is Republican, the ENTIRETY isn't.

2.) A major part of the Republican agenda since the beginning of Bush's term has been to DECREASE taxes.

So, to clear up what I said in light of that, Americans wouldn't stand for a massive tax increase from people who promised them LESS tax burden. And, with the amount of Democrats in Congress actually high enough to block such a braindead legislation, if it got passed, I think the impact on Congress, the President, and about every other politician involved, would be near universal.

------------------------------------------------

EDIT: to return to topic

Back to the pig skin burka thing, I found the articles gross and distasteful, especially some of the comments. The religion of the terrorist is only incidental, fanatism and faith are two very different things. Mocking this one aspect of their beliefs, which is innocent  and that millions of perfectly pacifist people who condemn terrorism happen to share is just so disrespectful and not the way to go.

I think such propositions, even under te disguise of humour, only show some deep rooted prejudice against islam. But then it's true I m forgetting that for some people the war against terrorism is really a crusade.

172667[/snapback]

I don't like the idea that ANYONE'S religion can be so callously defiled. But there does still exist the logic that if you can kill the very ideal someone fights you over, they won't fight you anymore. They are fighting the cause of their beliefs, and if you can drive a wedge between their beliefs and them, they might stop fighting. Effective, but distasteful.

We cannot do nothing, but we cannot become the monsters we accuse the enemy of being.

Edited by Arnieman

The Chinese economy is addicted to USA and the West.

170917[/snapback]

That's an arguable opinion.

But Putin has oil and gas so no-one cares. <_<

172789[/snapback]

Exactly, I'd like to see USA being a bit consistent with themselves and *free* North Korea for example.

When that happened, he was put under oath about that, and then lied.  WAIT.  Lie + Under Oath = PERJURY.  Wow, are you suggesting still he didn't break the law?  We have other people in our nation, who did the exact same thing he did.  They aren't drawing pensions for having been part of the US Government.  They aren't signing book deals.  They are serving hard time in our prisons.  And, that being the law, is exactly where Bill Clinton should be, in my opinion.

172848[/snapback]

This is so hypocritical. The mere fact that a president's private life would be brought before the congress show how mockable this institution is and how little it's oath is worth. I'm not even a Clinton fan but my point is that during the 'Monica gate' it s not only Clinton who was humiliated but USA on it whole, especially it's institutions. If american people weren't smart enough to say 'stop it, this is a mockery!' instead of cheering and leering at the sordid affair, maybe Clinton's choice to lie was justified.

Plus I haven't seen Bush's massive destruction weapon yet, doesn't that also count as a lie? A bigger lie?

I don't like the idea that ANYONE'S religion can be so callously defiled.  But there does still exist the logic that if you can kill the very ideal someone fights you over, they won't fight you anymore.  They are fighting the cause of their beliefs, and if you can drive a wedge between their beliefs and them, they might stop fighting.

172848[/snapback]

Are you suggesting that to punish paedophile priests we should all, as Mireille said, burn Bible at them? What logic is there in that? How ridiculous.

Edited by reciproque

Guys I have come to the realization that there are 2 things noone will ever agree about, sex and religion. What say we drop it and agree that we disagree? Plue im tired of all the fighting in el, I play for fun not to have to bitch at someone :D

Guys I have come to the realization that there are 2 things noone will ever agree about, sex and religion. What say we drop it and agree that we disagree? Plue im tired of all the fighting in el, I play for fun not to have to bitch at someone  :D

173367[/snapback]

You killed t3h topic! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Just one thing. :ph34r:

Again, yes, a private life made public.  When that happened, he was put under oath about that, and then lied.  WAIT.  Lie + Under Oath = PERJURY.  Wow, are you suggesting still he didn't break the law?  We have other people in our nation, who did the exact same thing he did.  They aren't drawing pensions for having been part of the US Government.  They aren't signing book deals.  They are serving hard time in our prisons.  And, that being the law, is exactly where Bill Clinton should be, in my opinion.

The only reason our presidents don't go to prison for their actions is because it'll make the country look bad to have a former president jailed for actions in office. It's just tradition for us (and probably for a lot more countries) to have the next president pardon the former one. Only deal with that is that sometimes, the people don't agree to it and the current president takes a hard blow to reputation. (I.e., Ford & Nixon. Ford's rep. took such a slash as to mostly cause him losing to Carter)

Are you suggesting that to punish paedophile priests we should all, as Mireille said, burn Bible at them? What logic is there in that? How ridiculous.

173134[/snapback]

I did not suggest that the opinion is right or not, and I happen to feel it is wrong. But, it does exist.

Guys I have come to the realization that there are 2 things noone will ever agree about, sex and religion. What say we drop it and agree that we disagree? Plue im tired of all the fighting in el, I play for fun not to have to bitch at someone  :D

173367[/snapback]

Just as a clarification, something I said to Giannis in game:

I do not argue with people. I argue with opinions.

I would hope that others will do the same.

Edited by Arnieman

my comments on this subject wont go any further than this (i got tired of reading iggnorant giberish i while ago): bill clintons sex scandal- am i the only one here who has heard of chinagate??? the sex scandal was brought into the publics view to direct attention away from his selling of military secrets to china. keeping this in mind his bombing of wherever the hell it is (to much gibberish to read through to find it) is pretty much unrelated. and through out the sex scandal did very many people hear about that? hell no! (or else i would have benn able to come up with the name hence) if it was a cover up for the sex scandal it wasnt engineered very well at all cuz to the majority of the public in the U.S.A. it didnt and still doesnt exist! i see alot of oppinion in this thread mixed with alot of confusion and all i can say is this- oppinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink.(or ...everyone has one and all they do is give off hot air and sh*t)