Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bakuron

Guild Banners?

just wondering if anyone was interested in having some sort of banner instead of/or aswell as the writing next to character name.

it could be cool to have a guild logo on armour and shields.....

you could even have a little tatoo artist npc that you could pay to engrave your objects (an added bonus of engraving is that other people cant wield them once you lose that item)

you can pay to have a custom cape currently, but that's only added each release. same would probably go for tunics, shields, etc.

and engraving to limit use isn't something I like, it ruins the spoils of war idea, so the item gets destroyed (probably not returned) instead of used

Still, it would be nice to have some kind of guild banner/badge in the future.

Maybe special guild shields or armor or clothes or something. item that can be bought by guildmembers/leaders or quested for.

and engraving to limit use isn't something I like, it ruins the spoils of war idea, so the item gets destroyed (probably not returned) instead of used

167681[/snapback]

ok agreed....but maybe someon has to pay to get an already engraved item unengraved or reingraved with a different logo before they can use it.

how about like a home base for guilds

or even bettter

a giant game of capture the flag in el

some map designer could set it up for like 2 or maybe 4 teams (like for knox) to play

the teams would be guilds

then everyone would be pkable and ud have to defend ur fort, this is pretty off topic ill put it in a new thread

Heh, I see Freddy was not in the game back when we had Wars :huh: It could easily be done in a PK map with some item for the flag. Its basically a war. Will have to Ban summoning from it again, Anyone remember Zeplin Summoning 10Chimeras :P

dunno how u mean banner but i was thinking maybe if ur in a guild u could have a message above ur head that you can change and maybe symbol next to your name like this maybe? And i added some other things. urm and i acedently quoted it instead of editing it so can delete secound one.... anywho urm yea but theres some things be cool if added next to commands or in commands there should be guild commands such as leave, kick, changerank,change picture instead of just typing the command it would be cool if there was like an icon for it =P

or is that a bit too big o.o

ad.jpg

169252[/snapback]

Edited by Rebel

I think the guild short tag the way we have it right now is more than enough. After all the important thing is the player itself - not the guild. The short tag is enough information to find out which guild a player belongs to, you don't need anything else. If you are really interested in a guild you can do the "#guild_info" and get all the extra information.

I think having surcoats would be a great way to have guild emblems.

A surcoat was a cloth garment designed to be worn over armour. It was basically just a strip of cloth roughly as wide as your body that was connected at the shoulders and waist to a similar piece down the back. Typically a knight's coat of arms would be displayed on the front. Symbols were rarely put on the armour itself because this was a difficult process.

Surcoats would not need to be magical in nature, but in the context of the game still ought to be fairly expensive. They could be something that is "added" to regular armour in the manufacture window.

The advantage here would be the ability to vary what different characters look like. Once people don armour and helmets they tend to look very similar to each other. The manipulation of colours and symbols would mean that players would be better able to create an individual "look" for their character.

Hap_Loder