Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gilthanas

Custom Armor

it would be cool to be able to change the color of plate armor, without donating money, i would donate but my family has LARGE amounts of bills.

No dinero, no colours:P

It would be great, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't require too much work - there are more important things to do.

~van

the biggest problem with coloured (or any modification) equipment... it's a new type, and that means you use your 100 storage slots way fast 8^)

adding the option to colour onto the item wouldn't be too hard, I think clothing would already work that way

When you create your character, you can choose a certain costume. It seems a shame that this individualism is lost when people put on armour.

It is a common image in medieval/fantasy scenes to have people wearing a tunic over their armour, bearing their CoA for instance.

Couldn't the graphics be changed so that the colour scheme of your original outfit is reflected in an overtunic? (I forget the correct term for these garbs). This wouldn't require different items types, since its a mod applied when the item is worn.

When you create your character, you can choose a certain costume.  It seems a shame that this individualism is lost when people put on armour.

It is a common image in medieval/fantasy scenes to have people wearing a tunic over their armour, bearing their CoA for instance.

Couldn't the graphics be changed so that the colour scheme of your original outfit is reflected in an overtunic? (I forget the correct term for these garbs).  This wouldn't require different items types, since its a mod applied when the item is worn.

162555[/snapback]

I think the rem you are looking for is "surcoat".

To have some customization to you looks would be a nice feature, and a surcoat could be nice. Or maybe you could make dye (low level manu or potion making) and add that to the armor/weapon manu formula and get something different...

I think the rem you are looking for is "surcoat".

162587[/snapback]

Yes! Thanks, I should have remembered that <_<

This approach would be in how characters are rendered rather than in-game configuration of clothing (fashions in EL?). If the base colours chosen for a character on creation are part of the animation information passed to the clients, then armour graphics could contain panels which use these colours, rather than fixed colour. I don't know whether this is feasible with the current or Cal3D (sp?) models?

To have some customization to you looks would be a nice feature, and a surcoat could be nice. Or maybe you could make dye (low level manu or potion making) and add that to the armor/weapon manu formula and get something different...

162587[/snapback]

I like the idea of dye. Following it, why not to make kind of magic dyes? It could give armors some special attributes. Of course magic dyes should be very difficult to make and veeery expensive.

before we can have items that change colors or similar we need to have a way to track those changes on a item to item basis. right now every item is the same, and the server only have to see what type of item it is.

if this changes then one cant stack any items thats modable. therefor a change to the storage and shop interface is needed.

after that a database change is needed so that it not just stores item type and quantity but stores a string for every item, like say "serpent sword,thermal,black" or something and the server have to parse this. it would allow for more flexibility and variations on items but allso require more storage space on the server to store all the extra data.

Edited by duran