Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cycloonx

Polishing Minerals

Rings are bad money these days, and polishing minerals is too expensive due the high price of gem paper, eg. to polish 1 diamond you pay 30gc O_o

Maybe we can lower this price to 2gc or making these things ourself. So we (crafters) win more money by making rings. Wouldn't that be nice ? O_o

Rings are bad money these days, and polishing minerals is too expensive due the high price of gem paper, eg. to polish 1 diamond you pay 30gc O_o

Maybe we can lower this price to 2gc or making these things ourself. So we (crafters) win more money by making rings. Wouldn't that be nice ? O_o

159473[/snapback]

I haven't made it to diamonds yet but from what I can tell polishing gems is about the easiest/cheapest way to level in either crafting or manu.

Making rings on the other hand is a big pain in the back side and frankly not worth it. I started polishing at level 3 crafting and though I failed a lot initially it didn't take much time or money for me to advance to level 16.

Of course it helps that I've been playing for nearly five months and have a lot of gold and other experience to leverage off of.

Maybe instead of trying to drop the price of sandpaper, raise the store price on the rings to allow for more room between the stores and the players costs.

the general demand for jewellery is pretty low, being able to sell it for about cost price to trik, as the manufacturers get, would help fix things a bit... less market flood as there's an outlet, and prices can normalise a bit

of course, having new crafting items come out will spur interest too 8^) (hint hint)

you say it isn't expensive, polishing 30 diamonds costs 1kgc O_o

159559[/snapback]

Nobody said it was cheap to polish gems. But when there are balance problems, you need to look at all sides of the issues for possible solutions, that includes looking for things to raise demand and price for items instead of just lowering the cost. As for raising demand, once #beam is removed, the demand for rings will go up some, then you need to address monster drops and in store prices.

Do you make your own silver / gold rings?

And diamond rings (Naralik, VotD) sell for about 95gc (due to the cost of the diamonds).

Hmm... 95gc - 30gc = 65gc! That should cover fail rates and time spent making rings :P