Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest krazyblue69

I Cannot Make A Character!

Guest krazyblue69

Ok, so i downloaded the game, i installed it. BUT, when i try to make a character, i make a name and everything, THEN, when i try to click on DONE it does not work for some weird reason! I clicked DONE like 20 times and it does not work! What is wrong?! Can anyone help? Please!!! I want to play this game! It Looks AWESOME! Also, when installing the game, on the Instructions for Windows, it says "Simply execute el_101_install.exe", what does that mean??

Ok, so i downloaded the game, i installed it. BUT, when i try to make a character, i make a name and everything, THEN, when i try to click on DONE it does not work for some weird reason! I clicked DONE like 20 times and it does not work! What is wrong?! Can anyone help? Please!!! I want to play this game! It Looks AWESOME!

155776[/snapback]

One of two things:

A. You're impatient, and it's taking awhile to load. Just wait a moment, and it will give you further warnings, or put you straight into the game.

B. Make sure the name you are looking for isn't taken, and you aren't using a Pay-2-Play race. Enter "http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/view_user.php?user=" in the address bar of your internet browser, and put the name you want after that. If a blank page comes up, then the name's available. If stats come up, it isn't.

Also, when installing the game, on the Instructions for Windows, it says "Simply execute el_101_install.exe", what does that mean??

155776[/snapback]

Simply means that all you have to do to install on a Windows OS (Win 9x/ME/2K/XP) is to run that file - it installs the game for you.

Lemme know if this helps.

Guest Mikeman624

The pay to play races are: Orchan, Draegoni and Gnome. You can only click (at the moment since u are not paying) human, elf and dwarf. Look at the bottom left, it says what is wrong there.

Guest krazyblue69

I checked if my name was avalaible and it was. Then i chose Elf, and customized it. But AGAIN, when i try to press DONE, it does nothing. I sat there for 10 minutes and still nothing happens. What is wrong? Did i install the game wrong? I clicked on DONE like 50 times, and it does nothing. I am frustated, someone please help me!!

First off, can you see this page?

http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/online_players.htm

If you can see the above page it means that you can connect to the server, then for character creation:

For race you can only select Human, Dwarf or Elf.

Make sure that you select a unique name and that you type your password twice.

If that fails; do you get an error message (red text)? and if so, what does it say?

the last solution could be your pc is too old.

you need a graphic card that can support open gl

not open gl 1.0

but open gl 1.5

http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/online_players.htm

If you can see the above page it means that you can connect to the server, then for character creation:

156044[/snapback]

Erm, you are jumping into conclusions. There're a lot of networks that are only "connected" to the internet by a (possibly transparent) WWW proxy. If he'd be in such a network your conclusion would be horribly wrong.

not open gl 1.0

but open gl 1.5

156051[/snapback]

from my #glinfo in game

OpenGL Version: 1.3.0 - Build etc etc

156054[/snapback]

Well we told him it'd work with 1.5 as he complained to fail installing OpenGL 2.0 :angry: Noone was presuming it wouldn't work with an older version 0:c)

Erm, you are jumping into conclusions. There're a lot of networks that are only "connected" to the internet by a (possibly transparent) WWW proxy. If he'd be in such a network your conclusion would be horribly wrong.

156268[/snapback]

Well, it doesn't hurt to check.

Anyways I hope you got it sorted out now krazyblue69, char data is in the mail.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this