Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tanyia

Newb Stories

* I went in a house in IP and got stuck because I couldnt see the door. Didn't know about rotating the camera.

* I got the idea that if you killed a 'fluffy' rabbit you would get 2 or 3 white rabbit furs. (It is fluffy right?)

* When I first joined the market channel I wondered what kind of game i was playing when people were buying and selling 'tit chains'.

I also didn't figure out how to rotate the camera for quite awhile, and kept beaming out of houses..

I didn't see the boat to DP for quite awhile, and when I wanted to go there for something, I went to: WS, NC, SK to get to DP :lol: surprisingly the first time through SK I didn't get attacked by anything :D Next time I did though.. and shortly after that I finally discovered the DP boat :D

lol damn thats a waaaaaaaaay longer road you took there and dangerous too because of SKF at low lvls..

i can't really remember alot of when i started except that i got 5-6 or six harvest lvls on lilacs and also that i did the quests that the wraith gave to me and off course i got help of my brother who was then playing as 'ori' (now playing as thephilosopher) i also picked up all bags i found and tried selling what i found to get some money :)

Also when I went to CC for sulfur I got lost as I didn't have a map.. :D

My friend and guild owner Sami was there though, he was so nice and helped me find the way :) and then invited me to join KoSK when I got to level 20..

I was so funny :P

[PM to Sami: thank you so much for your help.. you need some money, deerskins or anything? I only have 30 gold pieces tho..]

funny how stuff like deerfur can seem so valuble to newbies :)

I still get offers of bones and bunny furs when I give ppl an FE to start a fire, lol. Oh a newbies joy of having something in their inventory!! :D

I was also really proud when my storage was not empty. I remember not understanding why ppl would leave all their animal parts around after some very nice person told me that I could sell meat in large quantities on the market channel. She told me to "always pick up your meat". And I have ever since :P

I still get offers of bones and bunny furs when I give ppl an FE to start a fire, lol.  Oh a newbies joy of having something in their inventory!! ;)

I was also really proud when my storage was not empty.  I remember not understanding why ppl would leave all their animal parts around after some very nice person told me that I could sell meat in large quantities on the market channel. She told me to "always pick up your meat". And I have ever since :)

153674[/snapback]

heyyyyyy, i still pick up bones and all! and i love wandering around cleaning up all the bone bags. and if other peeps dont want them i will take them (i use bones for reasoning potion right now)

now on the other hand, im still not sure why im sitting with a zillion antlers and 500+ raw meat in storage, lol...sure hope there a fridge in there :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When i visit beam I always try to bring wepons and armor for new people I save the broken degraded stuff for last and it never fails "i have a broken sword" I send across the channel and I am all of the sudden surraounded and pmed to death. I want the broken sword pls lol I love it new people make this game worth playing :P

lol I love it new people make this game worth playing  :P

153727[/snapback]

LOL, I agree completely. They are just so cute! I could eat them...restrain me!

now on the other hand, im still not sure why im sitting with a zillion antlers and  500+ raw meat in storage, lol...sure hope there a fridge in there  :P

Meat is very useful if you summon at all :) . I just bought 500 today.

oh I got lost in CC for an entire week... I kept going around in circles... finally someone took me out... then I figured that I would remember how to get back to the sulfur and got lost for another 3 days... I wandered inot GP and met a sweet chimmy who proceded to eat me... I lost everything i worked so hard to get from the tutorial npc. I decided that I could get it back if I ran fast enough and hid from him... I died 6 more times by his hand :)

Lol, I couldnt figure out how to get onto the boat in IP. I must have stayed on IP killing and being killed by rabbits for my first 2 weeks.

The first time I went to the underworld, it took me at least 30 minutes to find my way out. I think I was going around in circles. I finally met someone else in there and they showed me the way out.

Once I got out of IP, I started exploring more. I got to exploring VOTD one day and came across this cool looking temple. Thought I'd check it out. Entered and the door locked behind me. I thought 'man, this can't be good'. Soon afterwards I was greeted by a friendly green female that proceeded to show me a new faster way to the underworld. Needless to say, I had the bright idea that I could get my stuff back from that place and only managed to die 4 more times before giving up.

I had just gotten off the portland boat one day and noticed this other boat just south of it. I had never really noticed it before so I thought I'd check it out. Took the boat trip and came to a really cool looking place. Started exploring again and met this rather intimidating figure with one eye. I can't remember if I died in 1 or 2 hits but it wasn't pretty. Needless to say I didn't go back for my stuff that time.

which reminds me...

4) Not long after I'd completed the Tutorial Quests, I was in the southern part of DP. I decided I wanted to get to VotD or Nordcarn, can't remember which... and I didn't want to walk all that way back to the boats. No, boats are a waste of time, I can cut through SK!

...needless to say, I ran into not one but two monsters, either orcs or ogres, can't remember now. they showed me another shortcut... oh, right across my face. So there I was, back in the Underworld...