Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Galarandel

Island of the coast of new Continent

Well, this isn't really a story, more an idea for a map, but I can't find anywhere else to put it. Basically, an island about the same size as IP, but instead of having jolly taverns and newbie helpers, it has male, female and armed orcs, as well as a few of there less formidable friends, the goblins. Basically, around the centre is the main house/hut/orc dwelling were the cheif/head orc rules with an iron fist, with a weak wooden palisade with a raised platform on the inside of it to shoot down upon enemies from surrounding it. Further out from this palisade, on the eastern side, are mountains which are impossible to pass through, so the eastern side of the island is cut off from entry, but the north west and south sides are open to attack. There would be a few armed orc scouts around the outside of the palisade, with a few armed men and women orcs and goblins, ready to defend their chief with honour. There may be a river to the north, to get fresh drinkingwater from, although the river would be easily forded for an attack by humans. Deer/foxes/other lower level animals would be orcs main source of food, and just inside the palisade would be a large campfire(like the one on IP) to cook the raw meat the orcs get from deer etc.

Anyone think this would be a kickass map? I was thinking of making it until those stupid heightmaps got in the way. Soon enough I'll get off my lazy arse and figure out how to use the mapeditor, and hopefully make my map. Thanks for reading. If any mods think this should be moved, go ahead, but I can't find anywhere else for it.

Once I've got the mapmaker fully figured out, I'll probably give it a go. Wow, now I've talked to Entropy in the very first time I logged on AND had Roja reply to a thread I made. :(

SHAMELESS PLUG:Tired of hunting foxes in Evergreen woods only to have them run behind a tree? Tired of rotating that damn camera to kill wolves in VOTD? Checkout Galas Maps, Hosted by Elmanuals.com and be one of the first to see my amazing maps(all maps are maps edited from the current version of Eternal Lands, so there should be no terrible glitching!!!)