Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bluella

mother nature language

Guest Bluella

Hi!

Would it be possible for "mother nature" to use a sweeter language ?

This game is played by a wide range of player, the message filter is a good thing, buy why would the game itself be allowed to be rude ? If I had any, I would not let my kids play this game you know..

Thank you!

You know that there is Pula Tavern? And you don't want to know what does "pula" means in Romanian. :-D

Regards.

You know that there is Pula Tavern? And you don't want to know what does "pula" means in Romanian. :-D

Regards.

What does it mean?

It really doesn't matter what Pula means. :D The problem with having a global community based game is that you'll find words that you think are harmless, but others find offensive. Pula is also a real name in some Countries ie in Papua.

What IS the issue, is that the game itself will call you a little piece of (rephrased excrement), and mother nature is allowed to get exceedingly drunk at you :) If players use this language, they're warned and can be muted.

If you don't want to see the message from mother nature, you can type #ignore mother HOWEVER... there is no way to get rid of the storage NPC message that calls you a piece of whatsit.

There have been complaints about this before, and I guess it has been dismissed before. Perhaps it needs a few more people to complain about it before it will be changed.

Well then I will do the opposite of complain and give Kudo's to the game for having it in there, and kudo' to the Npc that that uses real language, and Kudo's to the mother for not bowing down to the politeness police.

I would like to add that as an adult I am quite offended when people talk to me as if I were a child and say such silly things as poopoo.

I hope not... To hell with political correctness. >:[

...as an adult I am quite offended when people... say such silly things as poopoo.

:D How 'bout "smeg"? I kinda like that one...

:) Generally, yes, I'm all for the blood modes, gore codes, and f*** this and that, but when it comes to an MMORPG, there's LOTS of people playing, and there are a lot of children playing as well. When you get a game that's essentially geared to be family friendly like this one is, you need to keep the language fitting of both the scenario and the age ranges.

<_< Personally, I wouldn't mind a grungy old npc in a shack in the woods calling me a f*cker, but the language used in the quests doesn't even seem to fit the characters.

Noone ever got banned for saying "pissed off". Sure it's not the words you would use in a church, but they are normal words, not something you would censor outside of religious places.

And the "you little shit" message only appears when someone triggers the anti-cheat code. It's only meant for cheaters.

I think you're being overly sensitive here. Personally I think it'd be a loss for the game if all messages are PC'ed.

Hrm... what if all of these messages were stored clientside in the Language folder like the errors and such? And the death messages, too, so people can choose if they want the original death messages or the RP death messages. Or just options in el.ini to toggle between "clean" and "regular" modes.

I think you're being overly sensitive here. Personally I think it'd be a loss for the game if all messages are PC'ed.

yea i agree

in my opain this game is far to confuseing for poeple under the age of 12 im 16 and have problems understainding it some times and i dont get in bother for saying pissed off in school heck even the teachers say it