Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Navigation Suggestions

First off I'de like to say you've done a pretty decent job on this project considering that you're doing it on your own time and not getting paid. Now I haven't read most of the suggestions on this forum but I think I'm just going to go ahead and point out the few obvious changes that NEED to take affect in order for a large player base to build and stay. (and stay after it goes premium)

In my opinion, the most important thing about games like this (3rd person rpgs) is that it be easy to navigate.

1. I find that rotating the camera all the time. so I can open a door is a big pain. Perhaps the doors should be translucent (or solid for performance issues, perhaps an option in settings for the two?) but clickable from any dirrection that the camera is facing.

2. Also, the compass is a nice feature, I just wish that by clicking on it, the camera would snap to north. I also would hope to see the coordinates above the compass constantly. Its a pain in the but having to click the compass every 20 seconds. Umm, this might be too easy but what about entering some coordinates and you walk to it?

3. Another navigating problem is click;move;click;move;click;move. I think it would be a lot easier if we could just hold the button down and/or click where you want to go.

3.5 I want to make a comment on teleporting and boats and entering houses. I LOVE how it zips to the location, I think thats a neat idea.

4. Clicking on an object causes nothing to happen. What if you would move as close to that object as you can. Such as a tree, some flowers etc... I noticed on the future plans you're going to "8. Make it so that you walk there, when you try to harvest something that is too far, or talk to someone that is too far." I can't wait....

Sublime (Kaylis) :lol:

How about a quest log...

Maybe NPC's text chat should be logged in the console.

AND perhaps clicking on trees and moving close to them might be a bad idea. Unless of course we could hold the button down to move.

How about not sending newbies out on quests where there are tuns of aggressive mobs. So they die and have to start over again.

I am ot goign to respond to the "it is so very hard to click to move to that location", it's been discussed way too many times, and it really pisses me off when people complain about it.

As for the quest log, there will be such a thing, in the near future (where all the NPC text will be loged). Until then, use pen and paper.

The quests, no quest (except for the gold mine one) forces you to go through places with aggresive monsters. Sure, Whitestone can have some gargoyles at nightime, but it's safe at day time.