Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grum

Normalizing the root window

As it looks to me it is necessary to do the step wytter said. I noticed yesterday, that key don't work accurately on depending where the cursor is. For example, if I had my cursor on the frame border (where the hud, icons and the like are) and I press either of TAB or F1 the interface didn't switch, but nothing occurs. I first had to move the cursor into the game window. The same is true, if the cursor is inside some other window (manu, spell, inventory, no matter which one), the keys don't work as expected all the time.

Another problem with the cursor, it that when you click an item to move it, instead of being drawn with the cursor, it is instead drawn in the root window, becoming semi-invisible behind the current (Read- Inv, Drop, etc.) window.

Another problem with the cursor, it that when you click an item to move it, instead of being drawn with the cursor, it is instead drawn in the root window, becoming semi-invisible behind the current (Read- Inv, Drop, etc.) window.

Yes, I know about that one. I have to look into it, but creating all root windows was the first priotity (one or two to go, I'm not sure).

As to the problem with other windows taking over keypresses: they shouldn't, and it's a bug. Since no window apart from the root windows has a keypress handler yet, all key presses should fall through to the root window. I'll try to fix that. [EDIT: can't reproduce, it Works For Me :D ]

Edited by Grum

BTW, you should make the client force tabs in 640x480.

Done

Fixed.

As for unifying the keypress handlers for the various windows: yeas, that needs to be done. I'll look into it when I'm done with the last root window (rules).

EDIT: Gah, broke zooming again. Also the frigging hud windows don't show up when compiling without -DWINDOW_CHAT. I should've stayed in bed this morning ;)

EDIT 2: fixed zooming. Really stupid mistake.

EDIT 3: fixed the hud too. Damn, I wish this cold was over.

Edited by Grum

Specter, thanks, I appreciate it.

duran, yes. Going to bed early tonight and hope it'll be better tomorrow.

Anyway, between sneezes I managed to finish the last root window. Next is cleaning up, and then I'll switch the code to using the new windows by default insetad of having to define WINDOW_CHAT.

Excellent cant wait to go bug hunting

Have fun ;)

The new root windows are now the default. To use the old event loop, add -DOLD_EVENT_HANDLER to your compile flags.

The bug related to several keypresses (esp. TAB/F1) I reported in this thread has gone :/ At least I cannot reproduce it. Maybe it was only introduced intermediary while you were working on it.

Thanks Grum for this excellent work :)

Okay, I'm going to keep the old event loop one more week. If noone objects before then, I'll remove it.