Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GrandWarrior

the server crashing

i know according to rogue that my comp was last to transmit to server but i think i know the problem but recreating it would be nearly impossible and it might be hard to fix deppending on what it is. it just wanted to know if you had gotten anywhere because i talked to rogue about it. but anyone who reads this post if you have notioced this: ever since monday you have been taking more damage overall. i think that the bug is in combat due to it being crashed by me while i was in combat. it seems that monsters are doing more damage so there is somethign wrong with how the attack deffense physque and cordination arent working together right. in my opinion i htink somethign is wrogn and toughness isnt working cause that would explain takign more damage and it being messed up enough that when you hit the right combination it kils the server.

Last time I checked, we are running the same server BEFORE the update, for the tiem being (because it's the last stable version we have). So the whole "I take more damage than before" doesn't seem to make sense, since before and now is the same thing, in this case.

As for the progress tracking down the bug, not really. All we know is that the stack somehow gets smeged. Logging stuff wasn't really useful, as the error happens to smeg up stuff (buffers, variables, stack, etc.) but not crash the server imediately. The server crashes later on when the smeged up data is accessed.

Hopefully the bug is now closed. Can't be 100% sure because it's the kinda bug that surface verry rare.

I closed 2 potential stack overflow that could cause the bug.

The combat wasn't modified. Nor the monsters (With the exception of ogres and cyclops).

We are running now the fixed version and so far seems stable.