Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
boderoshan

fur cloak

You have to find a player character to sell it to you or make it yourself. No shop sellls it.

A needle can be bought at the general store. You can level up in manufacture by manufacturing items :) Start with fur gloves, and work your way up through fur hats and fox scarves to fur cloaks.

One of the first mistakes I made was to buy a needle for every item i was going to make. You only need 1 needle for any sewing you will do. In my mind, the Needle should fall into the "Tool" category and not the "Misc." category.

Yes, it should. Doesn't it? Tsk, tsk...

EDIT: btw: idea, how about being able to manufacture a needle from a bone?

I think they must be steel needles for the kind of heavy leather work needed for making armor.

I was trying to think of a way for them to be manufactured in game terms. My impression is that manufacturing requires at least 2 items. If I'm wrong then you'd still have to use up a whole bar of steel to make 1 needle which doesn't make sense economically. I think needle making must be done in a factory setting where they can make a hundred needles from one bar of steel.

I suppose instead you could smelt 1 iron ore and 1 coal into a steel wire, then manufacture the wire into a needle. That smelting operation would be a higher alch level than required to make a bar of steel, I think.

I think they must be steel needles for the kind of heavy leather work needed for making armor.

Yeah, good point. Maybe you could use bone needles for fur items. Make it a low lvl skill, maybe even a zero level skill like bone powder, and you can level your way up without going to the general store. Oh wait, no, you need thread.

I suppose instead you could smelt 1 iron ore and 1 coal into a steel wire, then manufacture the wire into a needle. That smelting operation would be a higher alch level than required to make a bar of steel, I think.

Sounds reasonable.

I had ideas for the thread too.

You could harvest cotton (or flax) and make thread.

(From the department of "I wanna be able to harvest or make everything in the game")

I was trying to think of a way for them to be manufactured in game terms.  My impression is that manufacturing requires at least 2 items.  If I'm wrong then you'd still have to use up a whole bar of steel to make 1 needle which doesn't make sense economically.  I think needle making must be done in a factory setting where they can make a hundred needles from one bar of steel.

I suppose instead you could smelt 1 iron ore and 1 coal into a steel wire, then manufacture the wire into a needle.  That smelting operation would be a higher alch level than required to make a bar of steel, I think.

And have it make 10 needles, not one.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this