Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinger

It just stopped working...

Ok, here is the deal, I was walking around in a building, and I clicked on the door to leave, the game went all wacky, and the camera was staring at nothing, you could move it around and zoom into thin air. So I closed the program and started it again, and when I tried to login, nothing happened, I put my mouse over the login box, and it dented, and popped back up as soon as I took the mouse off. I would click on it, but nothing at all would happen, I could enter the New character menu, but nothing happened when pressing done. I tried deleting the configuration folder, nothing. I even tried deleting my whole folder, (because I use Mandrake Linux 10.0, and all I use in the folder was the binary) and extracting it from the zip file again, but no luck, so I decided to post here before deleting everything and downloading again. Any idea whats going on?

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

This is all the file said. I think its having trouble findin files in the data directory, isthere some kind of argument when starting it to tell it where to look?

BUt how do I install it properly? when I download the Linux zip file, all there is is the binary and a whole bunch of other stuff. I just ran it using that binary, withought doing anything else.

Click add reply, STOP making new threads to answer.

Remove the current directory (rm -fdr directoryname).

Then unzip the EL download again.

Edited by Placid

Umm, sorry but where do I look to see my system specifications? I can go ahead and give you the video card stuff, though: Module: NVIDIA GeForce2 DDR (generic) Description: NV11 Geforce2 MX/MX 400

And also I just realized something. I went to the players online setion of the website, and I am listed there, but I haven't been able to play since my program screwed up. Maybe this has something to do with it not working even after downloading a brand ew one all over again?

Kinger, if you know the root password, do this in a shell/konsole.

su
(enter the password when prompted)
lspci

Post the output of that command here. Secondly, if you know how, i'd update the graphics drivers.

Ok, here is what I get:

00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8371 [KX133] (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8371 [KX133 AGP]
00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South] (rev 22)
00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT8233/A/C/VT8235 PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 10)
00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 10)
00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 10)
00:07.4 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 30)
00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 20)
00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] (rev b2)

Umm... I don't know how to update the drivers (would place embarrassed emoticon here), but I doubt thats the problem... I can still play other games like bzflag...

Ok, so I created a new user and tried to play from the new home directory, and same problem, so there are no corrupt files on my computer. It seems to me that the problem must be with the server. Did I get banned or something. I think this because I can do everything in the game except actually getting into the sevrer. I can create a jnew character, but when I press odne, it usually goes to the server. The same with login.

No. If you were banned, you wouldn't be able to get to the login screen at all and it would tell you, in red letters, that you were banned.

Update drivers from card manufacturer's website.

Creating a new user, and still being unable to work, is more evidence that there is a problem with your computer.

Well, I just don't see how upgrading the drivers is going to help at all, the problem is not being able to get into the server. I can do anything that doesn't involve getting into the server (basically nothing). That is the only problem. There is no problem with the drivers. The thing is I am deffinitely not banned, because I copied the server location from my el files, and got in just fine. (just a bunch of graphs there...) So is there like an unofficial server that I can use as a test?

EDIT: There is no update for my drivers, they are the most up to date out for my video card, and kernel.

Edited by Kinger

Well! it seems to be working again, I don't know what happened... I tried to connect to the test server, and it said I didn't exist, I Tried to connects to the normal one and it worked! Thakns a lot for the posts, and sorry for the bad replying thing....

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this