Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Pale_Elf

New poll: Fair wording!

What is your opinion of Plat's situation?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Plat's situation?

• I feel she cheated, but who cares after all she's done for EL?
    • I feel she cheated, but should still play without her NH priv.
    • I feel she cheated, and should be banned entirely.
    • I don't think she cheated, so let her be a NH!
    • I don't think she cheated, but I'd rather she not be a NH.
    • I don't think she cheated, but for any reason I want her gone!
    • Dunno if she cheated, but she's a great NH!
    • Dunno if she cheated, but I'd rather she be a player than NH.
    • Dunno if she cheated, but I wanna see her banned!
    • I don't care. Or, I don't agree with any of these choices.

This is a public opinion poll. It means nothing, and no decision should come of it. But the last poll was so biasedly written, and some people actually think the numbers there are relative to something. So, for my own curiosity's sake, I'm posting a new poll... Again, this is not to influence anyone, and it's not flame bait. I just wanna know how the community would respond if given more fair choices.

Oh, and please read carefully before posting any replies or votes. I'm trying to make this a fair decision for everyone, regardless of their opinion.

Oh no, please not another poll/thread about this. It is really irrelevant whether she cheated or not, nobody really cares about this. Please read back Roja's posting for the reason why Platyna was taken her NH status.

Platyna was never forced to leave. She is trying to give that impression because Roja did something that was long overdue. Let it go and keep her out of power. I personally would welcome her back but only as a player. Otherwise, she'll just keep causing the same problems.

:P I'll say it again... This is not to influence Roja, Entropy, or any other mod/dev/admin in any direction. It is just because I want to know what the public thinks. It is for my own sadistic pleasure. If the reader is offended by yet another poll, please do not vote. Sorry for any inconvenience or misconcieved perception that I'm drawing something out or trying to create flames.

Nice poll, indeed very "fair" if only two options is for my favour and the other ones are

against me. Very funny when a flamer and spammer from the market channel moves on

forum and tries to make "fair" polls. :-)

Not to mention that it is very complicated.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

I still say your perception of me as a flamer and spammer are totally misguided, but there really hasn't been much of a way for me to prove that, has there? My idea was to take three options: cheated, not cheated, and dunno, and combine them with three other options: let her be NH, let her be player, let her go to hell. Thus, 9 choices, and leaves room for one "who cares" response. It's similar to a ladder logic program I wrote to enable a pump to maintain a level setpoint... But I'm not gonna bore everyone. And yeah, it's complicated, but such is justice, is it not?

EDIT: You say only two options are in your favor... Should I have reworded the first choice? There are three options for you staying NH, three for banning you, and three for making you only a player.

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

These options was: Pro Platyna, Anti Platyna and Undecided. And it was made when Roja told that

player on channel 4 that I am destroying the community and everyone hates me, so he made a poll to see

if other people thinks like Roja. And you made a poll, like I would demand my NH priviledges back.

After you was told my several persons, several times, I am not fighting to get my priviledges back.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Actually, if we're talking about Denalin's poll:

"Poll: One of Eternal Land's legacies is leaving.

And we want her to stay."

Tell me that's not going to be biased. lol And, much like this poll, it should have no bearing on Roja, (or whoever else makes the decisions).

EDIT: And the choices were "she cheated and I can prove it!" or "she's a great mod". What about a vote for "I don't think she's a good mod but I don't know if she cheated"? It was a rigged vote from the start, but that was fine since it didn't mean anything. And the same of this thread. I just wanna know how the community really feels...

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

Very funny when a flamer and spammer from the market channel moves on

forum and tries to make "fair" polls. :-)

Stop putting yourself down. If I recall from Cicero's Thread..

[Platyna]: I am flexo, I am...

[Platyna]: Since many years.

[Flexo]: platyna, why can't you simply stop spamming here

[Cicero]: plat, I just logged on and the first thing I see is you spamming market again

[Aepox]: lol

[Platyna]: Well only peace of my spirit not allows me to be around your house...

[Platyna]: 

[Cicero]: muted. I don't want to deal with this again.

[NeXt]: OMG dont mute me damnit.. i will eat you 

[Cicero]: not you next, plat.

[NeXt]: LOL why ?

[Cicero]: I log on and the first thing I see is her spamming market . . . again.

[NeXt]: like i do always 

[PM from Platyna: That you don't like me not means you can do like that.]

[PM from Platyna: If you are spamming your pathetic guild on trade channel is all ok yes? ]

[PM to Platyna: if you keep harassing me by PM, you're going to get worse than a mute.]

[PM from Platyna: You are threating me? I am not harrassing you. I deserve explanation of this.]

[Dreameen]: gm don't give up Plat

oops. looks like Plat is bitching to her guild about me

[Platyna]: I just wanted remind you that PoWaH impersonated in Cicero is here.

[Platyna]: [silence]

[Cicero]: I'm considering populating general chat. any volunteers?

[Platyna]: Since that not support multiple channels...not.

[Platyna]: I think all are just waiting till you will log off.

[i_am_Spock]: *remember he stole the bazookA8

[Platyna]: *looks on her inventory...Molgor brotha gimmush meh bang arm...*

[i_am_Spock]: i took it last time plat

[Platyna]: Nope. It is still there.

[Cicero]: ...

[Platyna]: *grabs bazooka, feels cold steel in her hand...bazooka insurance will promiss you safe future.\"

muted.

[PM from Platyna: Unmute me.]

[PM to Platyna: why?]

[PM from Platyna: You are abusing your power.]

[PM from Platyna: This is a game not concentration camp. And  Entropy said offtopic is ALLOWED on channel 3.]

[PM from Platyna: And as far as I know you not set rules here.]

[PM from Platyna: Anyway I've sent logs from both of those to Entropy. If he cares a bit of community he will do something with you.]

Just for fun . . .

Cicero: I'm in a delimma. I want to #ignore platyna, but then I won't know when she's spamming the market channel...

Entropy: just ignore her

Entropy: she was bitching recenty

Entropy: that you persecute her

Cicero: yup

Cicero: saying I run market channel like a concentration camp

Entropy: roflmao

Entropy: u little nazzi!

[Platyna]: .

[Platyna]: Muted again...

[robtokill]: platyna you get muted lots eh?

Cicero: plat's mute wore off . . . and the first thing she does is start complaining on market chat about getting muted

[Platyna]: During 8 month when playing that never got muted. Today got muted twi

ce by someone who never should get a power.

[robtokill]:  tropicano?

[Rebel]:  cicero?

[Platyna]: Cicero

Eldwen: lol she is the killerlamb of market channel

Entropy: lol

[Cicero]: and will be again if you keep it up

[Platyna]: Cicero: Well go ahead. If you want to feel better that way.

[robtokill]:  why did cicero mute ya?

[Platyna]: No idea.

bullshit

[Cicero]: you wouldn't happen to be a pisces, would you plat?

[Platyna]: Cicero: Dura lex sed lex huh?

\"The law is hard, but it is the law.\" or something like that. Need to brush up on my Latin.

[Platyna]: It was good in Nero times.

[robtokill]:  is grubani pk map?

[Platyna]: No. And why you didn't got muted?!

[Platyna]: :>

[Platyna]: Offtopic!

[PM from Platyna: You have that nick because you know Cicero's speeches or just to show off? ]

Hypocrite.

He had the one vote like everyone else. And I don't think so if the people who don't know if I have

cheated or not can bring any useful input to this discussion. Those who voted could also state how does

they are motivating this vote.

And your log Daxon - what does that proves? I am not a hipocrite. I stated yesterday I always wanted

offtopic to be allowed on the channel 3 and I was fighting for it, Roja even said that she will allow if it

most of people will want it, but in poll they said they are against so I and some other people who were

pro offtopic has been democratically beaten up.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Sorry, that didn't translate too well to english, Plat... And yes, people who don't know if you cheated can bring very good input. It's not just about whether or not you cheated. It's about people having to work with you when this is all over. For me, cheating doesn't matter. IF you cheated, THEN you should be banned. So far it looks like the poll reflects that. But I think that IF you didn't, and they find that out, THEN you still should no longer be a NH. Your posts have shown many of us that you cannot handle the responsibility that goes with the powers/privs.

And your log Daxon - what does that proves? I am not a hipocrite. I stated yesterday I always wanted

offtopic to be allowed on the channel 3 and I was fighting for it, Roja even said that she will allow if it

most of people will want it, but in poll they said they are against so I and some other people who were

pro offtopic has been democratically beaten up.

Regards.

It's not my log -- it's a mod's log, a mod's log about you. There have been plenty more times I've seen you spam the market channel. As soon as my other computer gets its power supply, I'll be sure to post it here. Believe me: I will post them here. :D

Oh, and you may SUPPORT off topic, but you did not win that vote. So, give up on it. Just because you lost doesn't mean to go ahead and do what you wanted to be doing in the first place: that's calling rule-breaking.

Hypocrite.

:o According to that log, Plat, if I am a spammer, then so are you. Maybe you could withdraw your conclusion that I'm a spammer/flamer.

:D But I tend to believe Plat is for allowing softer rule on offtopic posters, because of logs like that. I find it a terrible shame that people actually want nothing but buy/sell posts in market channel. Maybe all who are for allowing a market channel with offtopic chat could boycott ch3 and move it to another channel. Let the real topicnazis see how much they buy and sell when half the market channel goes and does their own thing. Heh

There is (was?) an unofficial market/chat channel, channel 8 if I remember correctly. Convince the offtopic people in market channel to move there, and everyone is happy. The buy/sell only people can trade on channel 4 without being disturbed by chat, and the chatting people can chat and trade on channel 8 without being kicked or muted.

There is (was?) an unofficial market/chat channel, channel 8 if I remember correctly. Convince the offtopic people in market channel to move there, and everyone is happy. The buy/sell only people can trade on channel 4 without being disturbed by chat, and the chatting people can chat and trade on channel 8 without being kicked or muted.

Thanks but a little too late...

So far 5 people think Plat was cheating, 4 people don't think so, 14 of us aren't sure. 8 people think she's been a great NH, 13 think she would be better as a player, while only 2 think she should be banned.

With 24 votes counted, and 1 abstainee, most of the voters (thus far) think Plat should not be a NH, and of those who have an opinion on whether she cheated or not, (the minority), there is almost an even split.

:unsure: The results are pretty close to what I was expecting. I'm interested to see how it goes in the long run.

Just for the record - NH is a person that doesn't have any priviledges, that I can mute a

person is not a priviledge unless someone is a sadist. And untill we got a nice moderators

cape we didn't had any priviledges from being a NH. NH is a person who while being in

game has to sacrifice his/her time which s/he could spent for playing the game for example

for sitting at Wraith and greeting newbies (and most of them thinks you are an idiot) or

sitting at beam and answering all the time the same questions and AFAIK it is only a NH

duty, higher level moderators if are sitting on IP it is only up to their good will and time.

That's why a level 1 moderator is called a Newbie Helper. Newbie Helpers are rather to

serve the community than actually rule over it. So I don't underestand why you are trying

to make from me a powerhungry kid if you don't even believe into it yourself.

I never denoobed anyone while being a NH, I was explaining zillion times and asking before

muting or even kicking, that's why people were always complaining that I am not too strict.

Regards.

PS. Daxon, I am not even reading what you will post so don't even bother.

;) Plat, are you wanting me to explain again my problems with you, or was most of that rhetorical? Admittedly, I have no clue what being a NH means, since no one has asked me to be one. Probably a good idea, since I haven't played a month yet. Besides, I'm kinda busy recruiting people for my guild, and setting up a bot and an EL economy website. I like to think I'm helping the community in my own way.

It's already been proved she didn't cheat, she's already been removed from being a mod for reasons other than cheating. And it's too late to change anything now. :huh:

:huh: Right... And did you read what I've said no less than twice so far, that I'm not trying to change anything? Nor am I debating here what were the reasons for the decision. Nor am I debating the cheating issue. I am simply asking for public opinion, in this, my public opinion poll. I welcome all posts, but I do ask that posters please be informed, by reading the previous posts before posting. Thank you, come again.

Newbie Helpers are rather to

serve the community than actually rule over it. So I don't underestand why you are trying

to make from me a powerhungry kid if you don't even believe into it yourself.

*Yawn* Quite frankly, you only "help newbies" if you get some respect/reward for it. Then again, the last time I saw you help a newbie without some smart ass remark attached to the end of your sentence.. well, never (means you always try to make them feel stupid in the process).

Platyna, it's just funny that a large amount of the community doesn't like you for either abusing power, spamming, or being an ass. All of them use these exact same reasons. Let me guess.. it's me, right? You did say I corrupted the opinions of EVERY GarD, even though some folks in there didn't like you from the start. Just face it that a lot of them don't like you for fair cause.

:) Plat, are you wanting me to explain again my problems with you, or was most of that rhetorical? Admittedly, I have no clue what being a NH means, since no one has asked me to be one. Probably a good idea, since I haven't played a month yet. Besides, I'm kinda busy recruiting people for my guild, and setting up a bot and an EL economy website. I like to think I'm helping the community in my own way.

Hmm you say you've played less than a month, yet you think you know exactly how everything should run here...leads me to think that either:

a) you are a total spammer with a big mouth or

:) you are just somebody else we know and love come back to life in another character.

Just my 2 cents... :D

:huh: Have I said anywhere that I know how things should run around here? Hell, even where you quoted me, I was openly admitting I've only been here a short while, and I know nothing of the job of NH. I have issues with the way Plat has treated people, (that I've seen myself, not hearsay).

:) Maybe I do have a big mouth, but do I really fit the definition of spammer? (Ignore my postings in the word assoc game, hehe.) My posts have never been mindless gibberish, no random keys typed, no repetitive lines of text... Give me an example of what you think spamming is? Or is it just a random insult you wanna toss around, like calling a veteran bagjumper a "newbie"?

:) I am here as a member of the player base. I have experience working with an MMORPG; I even ran my own for just under a year, before rl events forced me to give it up. I've been a player, I've been a dev, I've been an admin. For this reason, Roja has told me that my support and suggestions are welcome here. So I give my suggestions, my 2 cents if you will, for the betterment of the community, not because I think I know how "everything should work".