Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

Old interface

Is it alowed to program it so (if its legal) that i can use the old interface again , with double right click on a SR , its realy impossble to fight now i have to toggle from fight icon to finger icon and toggle to hand icon to put sword on and shit i realy hate it and i want old 1 back ;'(

is it hard to change? can some1 explain me lol.

Trust me, you'll get used to it, and it will become very handy.

Fight icon? Just hold alt then click on your target I believe.

Just toggle through the icons using right click, its easy and really handy.

Its fuking not! its NO good for fighters if i cant change it back i wil leave this game for sure it pisses me off!

and how can i change that camera dont go up and down automaticle? i dont need that smeg

If any1 can help me how to change it back plz tell me i cant play this game like this.

Edited by Satan

the world, inventory and quickbar mouse is diffrent so if you have it set to use in the quickbar its not use in the inventory or the world. only time you have to toggle to fight in the world is in pk enviroments i think as it still jumps to default action if you have it set to move and put it on top of a monster.

still, i would love for the client/server to be more intelligent so that if you tryed to use a armor or weapon it would replace the item that is currently used and of same type. that would allow you to say put a weapon in a quick use slot, hit the hotkey and the weapon in hand and weapon in slot would trade places. still dont know what to do if you quickly wants to remove a weapon tho...

Look I try to attack a Player. he hit me i want to use a SR to heal, but i have to right click twice to get the finger icon, then i click it on a SR and drink it then i have to press CAST.... But then im in Hell already. and if i want to move my SR's under in my inv to up i have to toggle from Finger icon to Hand icon. I wil never get used to this, its to hard to remember for me, i just want the old1 back can any1 explain me? :-/

Spirit Restouraion potions..

This Interface make it inpossble to click fast Potions and Healing in a short time...

I realy want some script/tool or what ever , so that i cant right click to toggle from items i just want double right click my Potions...

I dont call that short cuts.. i always drop my stuff on the ground if i use ctrl button becuz Ctrl+left click item is DROP , and short bar got only 6 slots or so..It realy Fuked up for me.. i dont need the new Option.. i just want double right click on a item just like version 1.0

Is it possble to change that stuff? please tell me. cuz i wont log into E-L again til i got it.

ah, so your drink your potion and then wants to cast a spell?

the mouse should not need to change mode to select sigils or similar. are you useing a remotely targetable spell? if so i see the problem, but the solution then is to code in a automatic system that changes the mouse to a wand (if its still around) when your over a valid target for the waiting spell rather then going back to the old ways. if your useing the basic heal spell then its just a matter of setting up the sigils and hit ctrl+r a number of times ;)

and the quickuse bar slots are ctrl+1-6...

edit:

it may be changeable if they didnt trow away the old code, i have not looked.

then they can put a #old_mouse option into the config or something ;)

Look i dont want this new stuff , i wil never get used to it , i need something easyer like the old interface.

oh come on...

yes some habbits have to be changed but still...

may i ask what kind of spell you where casting?

Obviously restoration while quaffing SR's to regain mana.

First off, I don't care to use the hot key "shortcut" method when fighting either, i want to be able to do stuff with one hand. Those aren't shortcuts in my opinion, either.

I think what he's saying is that before, you could move stuff around in your inventory (which is necessary to do quickly when fighting), drink potions, and then cast a spell using the magic window all only having to click on the finger icon at the bottom of the screen. It was a fast smooth process.

Now, you can't move items without scrolling through the icons, then you have to scroll through again to find the pointy finger use icon to drink the potion, then you have to scroll through again to actually attack...then scroll through again to remove equipment or add it or move stuff again in your inventory...

so the interface have become more troublesome for the pk freaks, big deal...

its the same story every time something changes. some powerplayers tactics breaks and the flames will not stop. its a game for crying out loud...

there is plans for some sort of autochange system for the quickuse slots but they want it to work on item id rather then image as some items share a image but are not the same.

and in any game i know, if you want to be effective you learn the shortcut keys. in d2 you have the numbers for the potions and the F keys for the skills, in warcraft3 you can build a lot faster if you learn the key combos that lead to every building and so on.

ctrl+r for casting of a spell (with the window open i may add) and ctrl+1-6 for the quickuse slots. if that cant save your behind maybe you should not be fighting that strong a opponent...

and it needs a target to be clicked?

No, its a self-afflicting spell.

Aislinn, I understand his point, I can see it too, but I think people should persevere a little longer (its been less than 24 hours since the update) before writing it off.

Well some of us have small hands and that just isn't practical. *shrugs* I'm not flaming, just saying alt and ctrl + whatever doesn't work for all people.

I need 2 hands just to use the so-called shortcuts.

Edited by Aisllinn

and it needs a target to be clicked?

No, its a self-afflicting spell.

Aislinn, I understand his point, I can see it too, but I think people should persevere a little longer (its been less than 24 hours since the update) before writing it off.

I been playing on test server for a week already