Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Heal Summoned/summoning Suggestion.

I would like to suggest some fixes in that spell, now, looking on economy side, better is remote heal.

Currently:

Heal Summoned:

- Requires level 33 of magic.

- Requires 6 essences.

- Requires ethreal points 25.

- Restores 10 HP on each creatue in a 16x16 square

Remote Heal:

- Requires level 3 magic, so it fails alot less.

- Requires 2 essences.

- Requires 8 ethreal points.

- Restores 7 HP on whatever creature that you can reach.

Of course Heal summoned is better when you have 50 animals, but who has 50 chimeras? And others

animals always go too far to be all healed and there are only bears, fluffies and chimeras that are really

worth to heal, because you for example hunt ogres with them. Also 6 essences vs. 2 is also advantage

of remote heal. My suggestion is to make heal summoned alot more powerful spell, like it requires 3

essences and heals 20 HP or heals all animals fully. It is known thing that summoning needs an advantage to actually be a useful skill.

I also still think that ogres and armed goblins should be summonable.

Regards.

Remote heal is a Magic 'entry' spell, so it is useable by most ppl. Healed summoned is something for the high level mages.

So if you want to change the Heal summoned, by making it heal more, it should also be limited to one creature.

That would make the heal summoned spell more balanced in my opinion.

Maybe there should be 2 spells; Heal summoned (as it is now) and Restore Summoned (heals 20-40 HP on one summoned creatue)

Restore Summoned:

- Requires level 30 of magic.

- Requires 4 health essences and 2 life essences.

- Restores 20-40 HP on one summoned creatue

My point is that Heal Summoned - that high level spell looses while comparing to level 3 Remote Heal.

Regards.

they should make heal summoned +15 but add a enriched magic ess in chimerian wolfs ;-p

To make them absulutely useless in PKKing?

Regards.

Hi teh banned 0n3na,

I think you use the wrong proposal in your statement. It is evident that the heal summoned spell is much more ineffective than the remote heal spell, if you only have 1 summoned creature. Instead you should ask yourself, at what creature count will heal summoned becomre more effective than remote heal? If you do this, I think you will came to this result: if you have 4 creatures or more, heal summoned is going to be more effective than remote heal. So the 50 chims you are talking about are absolutely nonsense.

Imo 4 summoned creatures are not very much and I can easily imagine this in a battle situation, therefore I do not think that the spell needs any change at this time.

Just my thoughts

Even remote healing 4 creatures is better than actually using heal summoned. Don't forget summoned

animals are moving and you usually are lucky when one will be in spell range, I suggest to try that.

Regards.

To make them absulutely useless in PKKing?

Regards.

Err no did u noticed that level 25 summoners + a pot can make fluffys and chi wolfs in big amount ? i would say they need a EME ..

Try to compare 'pure' mage with summoner or fighter - the only thing that mage can do is run or die :P There should be more spells also it could be some rate (based on lvl) that increse spell power and decrese ep cost and maybe some perks? (+xx% ep, -xx% ep cost, +xx spell 'effect', etc..).

Try to compare 'pure' mage with summoner or fighter - the only thing that mage can do is run or die :P There should be more spells also it could be some rate (based on lvl) that increse spell power and decrese ep cost and maybe some perks? (+xx% ep, -xx% ep cost, +xx spell 'effect', etc..).

Such a comparison is rather pointless, since there is no need to be pure this or pure that.

Most fighters will eventually learn to heal themselves etc, thus gaining levels in magic, and then most characters will gain levels in alchemy, harvesting etc.

The beauty of Eternal Lands is just that you don't have to choose your path.

When we are talking about the magic system, it is pretty clear that magic is a support tool for other activities. Thus the typical magic user is a Battlemage, and the typical fighter is a Warcaster, they are interconnected.

I personally don't see a need for a 'self-sustained' magic system, because I don't see the need for a 'pure' mage. That doesn't mean that I don't want to see more magic spells in the game.

In the Brotherhood of Bane we rather see ourselves as warrior priests with access to divine magic - we can heal, harm, protect and smite. All these powers are given to us as a result of our devotion to Bane - the primal god.

many things are planed for redesign...

still, entropys original idea for magic was to avoid the overpowerd mages that show up in allmost all other games. the result was a game that may had been better of without magic...

In almost any game overpowered mages are the competition against overpowered PKers.

Regards.

how is that competition to a overpowerd pker? useing magic to pk someone makes you no less a pker...

You answered you first question with your second. :D

Good idea, Plat. Maybe heal 30hp, requires 8 ess, and a 32x32 square for another one, and have the one you suggested be a replacement of the one now??

Edited by goatsgomoo

In fact there are two ways of playing - PKer and uhmm... a 'worker' :D (of course with high lvl. char you can have high att/def as well as other skills), moreover if you want to fight with hi-lvl monsters or other players you must have good stuff + great p/c/a/d. Personally i prefer using magic than weapons in fight (i'm not talking about el only), so what i can do now?

And there is no need for seperate magic system, i only want some enhancements - 'fighters' have their mirror skin, evanescence and few attributes that effect fighting - i want my fireballs and invisibility :o

Duran, Entropy always wanted summoning to be powerful skill, this is why chimeras are summonable.

Anyway it is not enought, my suggestion of restore summoned HP in easy way would be great, great

advantage for summoning. Not anymore high level PKers would feel safe on PK maps, it would add

some flavour in the game to us, non PKers and to them. That recent Scar hunting - it was pretty

exciting, anyway imagine: Summoners guild, for example EL vs. PKers guild eg. =HC= that would be the

war! Now, it is not possible, because PKers has restore spell and disengage rings so they can easly kill

monsters, and 5 chimeras vs. one fighter is absolutely not worth effort and money.

If some nexuses would be added to magic then PKers would be not anymore powerful mages, there

would be a skill split and three groups that could competite with each other:

- Fighters.

- Summoners.

- Mages.

Or leave magic as it and there could be two groups: Powerful mages-fighters and powerful

mages-summoners. Currently is only a group of bored mages-fighters and "weak noobs", that's sad but

correcting one spell would change it.

Regards.

If some nexuses would be added to magic then PKers would be not anymore powerful mages, there

would be a skill split and three groups that could competite with each other:

- Fighters.

- Summoners.

- Mages.

It could work, there even should be more changes in nexuses - to get some lvl in nexus you need certain skill lvl and optionally some money, it could also 'fix' game economy (there would be higher demmand for less powerfull items/armours/weapons).

Currently to cast some spell you require some lvl in magic - just replace it with nexus, also more powerfull spells should require higher nexus (>5, it could also work well with summoning and fighting).

Remote heal is a Magic 'entry' spell, so it is useable by most ppl. Healed summoned is something for the high level mages.

So if you want to change the Heal summoned, by making it heal more, it should also be limited to one creature.

That would make the heal summoned spell more balanced in my opinion.

Maybe there should be 2 spells; Heal summoned (as it is now) and Restore Summoned (heals 20-40 HP on one summoned creatue)

Restore Summoned:

- Requires level 30 of magic.

- Requires 4 health essences and 2 life essences.

- Restores 20-40 HP on one summoned creatue

Restore summoned should fully restore a summoned creature from what ever hp its at to max

they should make heal summoned +15 but add a enriched magic ess in chimerian wolfs ;-p

Scarr drop it, that would make it WAY to expensive, and if they do add EME, you're in BIG trouble with summoners :)

Scarr drop it, that would make it WAY to expensive, and if they do add EME, you're in BIG trouble with summoners :)

Come and get me

Well, if heal summoned would be made to work on summons like restore on players, summoners will have a much too big advantage in any pk map. Right now, with a little luck and no lag a good fighter could handle 1,2 or even 5 chimmies or fluffs, but with that spell, fat chance.

As for some combat spells, right now the fighters have the highest magic lvls, so there will be no change in pk maps. Maybe some spells that require some new nexuses, and make it expansive (say 10 nexus points). That way, the high lvl fighters will have trouble getting the PP, but mid-lvl players with good magic level could get them easyer.