Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Too Far Away From What I Am Standing Next To

Guest Guest

i am trying to mine sulphur and am standing/sitting right next to the ore, such that i couldnt get closer if i tried, yet i cant seem to mine it i constantly get the "too far away! get closer!" message this is really annoying as all progression in magic is hinged on this and i cannot get the ingredient i need! also it would be a significant help in harvesting at my current level

if you can help i will be very gratefull!

There used to be a bug like that when attacking monsters, but I thought that was solved. Try to move and come back to that position, and see if the problem persists. Also, did you try turning the camera to see if you're really standing next to the object you want to harvest? The projection can sometimes be misleading.

Guest Guest

i have tried moving, i even left the cave and came back. I know tha i am close enough as there are usualy people behind me, the camera does not rotate however due to a cliff, but i know that i am close enough anyway...

o o o

Me P

P P P

its kinda like this where

Me is me

o is the ore

P are other Players

so yer i know i am close enough

This particular ore point is actually mis-leading. You are never as close as you think you are. You do actually need to click closer, and then click on a bit of ore that is on the ground or one that is closest to you.

You'll probably say that your doing this, but I have had the same problem before, and its a matter of getting that 'little bit closer'

Guest Guest

still aint working i even used the insert/home keys to walk as close as possiable, even clser than clicking ad still i am too far away from all of them

Could you post a screenshot somewhere (like imageshack.us) and show us a couple of views?

Otherwise we're all going round in circles.

For me your are too far away. If you are in game I can lead you to some comfortable sulphur location and

see if that problem will still occur.

Regards.

this problem still exists and i cant make and fire essences without sulfur, and without making fire essences i cant increase my alch level, i would appreciate a solution if anyone has any idea

this problem still exists and i cant make and fire essences without sulfur, and without making fire essences i cant increase my alch level, i would appreciate a solution if anyone has any idea

If you are online later, I will see what I can do. If you are ingame now, i suggest typing:

#help_me message

(where message is something explaining your situation). That way, a Newbie Helper or mod can deal with you in-game and immediately.

Good luck :blink:

i'll share my solution fir future reference, it is rather a poor one as it would not always be viable. anyway i trained on veg and stuff and fought till i got 5 pickpoints, got the mm perk, and it was off to morcraven mines with me, where luckily the same problem did not exist

i'll share my solution fir future reference, it is rather a poor one as it would not always be viable. anyway i trained on veg and stuff and fought till i got 5 pickpoints, got the mm perk, and it was off to morcraven mines with me, where luckily the same problem did not exist

Lol, i totaly overlooked the fact that you may not have the levels, well enjoy ;)

Nothing works, this is actually annoying as it happens on the coal in morcraven mine sout aswell, so basically i cannot harvest any of ore that i need, despite having appropriate level (and reading many books), at the moment it is really annoying because i am trying to increasee all skills, especially summoning and i wish to make life essences but am unable to aquire the silver ore.

before now i thought that it was a little annoying but i could deal with it now it is very irritating, and has a vast impact on my gaming, as well as decreasing enjoyment. I can not improve my character how i want as i cannot gather the appropriate resources.

I really do hope there is a solution now, though everything i have tried has been to no avail. This included re-downloading and re-installing update, amongst other things.

Any suggestion of a way to overcome this problem would be much appreciated, anyone else had this problem?

If you can help i will be very grateful!

The only thing i did which worked was when my brother was out i descreetly went on his computer and tried my char from there and it worked, though this option will not be avaliable at most times as the computer is in his room and he is on it most of the time.

Again there has been a way to solve the problem, well not solve but avoid. It seems that i can harvest certain rocks and not others in morcaven i cant get any silve, yet there are 3 blocks that i can mine in crystal caves. and when it comes to gold i will be fine for that aswell.

How about this: Try again to get next to the sulphur and try to harvest it. If you still get the "too far" message, click the compass and post your coordinates here. Maybe your video driver is not putting stuff in the correct place and you aren't as close as it looks on the screen. Someone else can go to that same location and see if they are close enough to harvest.

You might also try zooming in to get better control over where you click and see if you can position yourself differently. Also adjusting the camera angle higher might help you position yourself differently.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this