Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

combat/attack/defense skills

could somebody please explain how exactly do combat/attack/defense skills relate to fights, what and how each of these skills work and what exactly is armor, accuracy, weapon damage? why does some armor has for example "+2 defense" while some "absorbs 1 damage" but both numbers add to the armor? an how does armor relate to defense skill, accuracy and weapon damage to combat and attack skills?

Combat: Pretty unknown as how it affects you :)

Attack: Relates to your succesful hits - the higher it is, the more you'll hit, and to how hard you'll hit (if I'm correct)

Defense: Relates to your succesful dodges - the higher it is, the more blows you'll evade.

So, if an armor sais '+2 to defense' your defense gets boosted by two (letting you evade more), if an armor sais 'adsorbs 1 damage' every succesful blow that hits you is reduced by in (so, instead of 9, it'd be 8)

Accuracy makes you hit more (so +1 to accurady makes you hit a little bit more), weapon damage is added to your normal damage.

good. that's what i thought, but what does armor do? if "+2 defense" and "absorbs 1 damage" give you +3 armor, it doesn't make any sense. it's not related. one is for hit calculation, other for damage calculation. also, i tried to fight without armor and there was almost no difference between 13 armor and 0 armor.

Well, you should try to attack high level creatures if you have loads of armor on (I don't know what level you are, but puma's or wolves will prolly do), just get a friend to pick up your armor if you die :)

There should be a difference though, the hits taken should decrease. But no one really knows what everything excactly does, except Ent (or maybe Leeloo or Cicero would know).

so i suppose it's a trade secret?:-D well then, keep your secrets:twisted: but you could put some guidelines as to what the numbers really are. armor containing to hit and damage modifiers is, shall we say, strange

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this