Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Smile

#pk Command Modification

Maybe you should make it a on/off command. Like #pk Captain_Smile to put it on. then #pk Captain_Smile to put it off...

Why not ?

Some mod had trouble with that #unpk thingy (I will not mention who, when and how).

how about anyone can make themselves pkable with the #pk command :P saves time

then we need transformation rings/spells

Noob1: hey look! Aitrus the brown rabbit!

Noob2: Yeah lets go get it!

-screaming can be heard in the distance-

Noob1 has become better at dieing

Noob2 was pwnd!!1!!!111Rofl!1one!1

Or laggout spell.

Noob1: Hi

Noob2: hi how are you ?

Noob1: fine !

Noob3: Hi hi guys !

*casts spell*

Noob1 has been eaten by a grue! (lagged out)

Noob2 has been eaten by a grue! (lagged out)

Noob3 has been eaten by a grue! (lagged out)

how about anyone can make themselves pkable with the #pk command :D saves time

Aye! Seriously though, this would be so much better for the game and much more realisitic!

We need to reform the Game's PK system where Player's can fight elsewhere besides PK only Maps. I don't see why we all can't just be able to Challlenge any person and fight on any map.

Fixing the Pk system would improve this game drasticly!

i agree, making fighting like trading (i click you with the sword, you get a message, if you want to fight me then click me with the sword icon) should not be too hard technically, and would improve "realism" (which *is* nice)

yes, give us teh #pk command =) And maybe a delay of 5 minutes or so to un-pk to prevent misuse?

No, that's not a good idea. Furthermore, since you can't unpk yourself you'll be hogging a lot of the mods time...

No, that's not a good idea. Furthermore, since you can't unpk yourself you'll be hogging a lot of the mods time...

I ment having #pk and #unpk commands, so there is no need to bug the mods.

Why isnt it a good idea?

Maybe dont allow it in maps like votd or ip if its not too hard?

Edited by shasso

I ment having #pk and #unpk commands, so there is no need to bug the mods.

Why isnt it a good idea?

Maybe dont allow it in maps like votd or ip if its not too hard?

PvP training for once. And if players who have been made #pk as a punishment had #unpk, it'll kinda remove the threat. It's a mod command for a reason - if players wish to fight other players, go to a pk map - that's what they're there for.

Wytter, I was made Pkable so that I could be scared, but leeloo messed up the command to make me unpkable, so I got killed.

The horrors!!!

Wytter, I was made Pkable so that I could be scared, but leeloo messed up the command to make me unpkable, so I got killed.

Blame Leeloo, not the system...

PvP training for once.

And this is bad how? Look. The whole idea is to Train, isn't it?! That's the reason people Fight in the first place; You Fight so you can Fight some more! And It doesn't mean anything if whether you do it in One map or the other, It still doesn't mean any player can train "Safe!" Whether we Train in KF or WSC, we are going to run the Same Risks and we will gain the same Exp. We just don't want to walk across the Continent to do something that we should be able to do Anywhere!

The Whole point is that We want to Expand the game to make it better, not Kick it back into the Dark Ages of Games! We Shouldn't have such Restrains on our Options just because well, ...... you know what? You still haven't given a good answer why you're against it!

If you're so Terrified that some little Newbie in IP is going to Surrpass your "Amazing" Fighting Skills just because S/He can Fight from the Moment S/he joins the game then I suggest you get a Reality Check. This would only Improve the game and there are no problems with it at all!

And if players who have been made #pk as a punishment had #unpk, it'll kinda remove the threat. It's a mod command for a reason - if players wish to fight other players, go to a pk map - that's what they're there for.

Yes, Exactly. The Mods were given this choice only as to see if this was a Possible Option as a way of Patroling the Game. You see, this was just an experiment; A Failed Experiment! It doesn't Deter Offenders any more then a Simple Teleport Command that Mod already have as it is! The only thing it succeded in doing is proving that it's a complete Viable Otion to Implement into the game as a Player Option!

Something that We should be able to do Anyway should not be treated as a Punishment and Withheld as a Mod-only Privilige.

If you don't want to see Players Pking either other with in Sight of Populated Areas, That I can understood but easily Remedied! Just Restrict Pking (By Law) to outside City Limits and Write it into the Story of the game!

Try This:

Every City should have a Constable (or more then one) and, by Law, no one is allowed to Attack another person on Penaty of Law (but we still Can Attack each other). To do so within the City Limits or In sight of the City Constable would be breaking the Law and you will then be Considered an Outlaw of that City and would be attacked by Every Constable/Guard Everytime you enter the Map. Just for Fun, Lets Bring back the old Idea of the Prison (To those who don't know, this was suggested long ago as a Mod's Punishment! I don't remember why it was Declined.) Anyway, when Killed by a Constable/Guard, instead of being Teleported to Hell, you'll be Teleported into the Jail, in which you Character Much Wait there (the Length of one's Stay whould Vary. Like on how many Infractions that Player Commited or How Generally Disliked your Character is, Etc.)

If it'll make you feel better, then keep a few of the PK Maps as "BadLands" where Any player can attack another Without a Challenge First. Anything to Add a little More Depth and Realisim to the Game.

Edited by Kami

The primary purpose of #PK was to support contests, not punishment or to give to players on request. But, other thoughts and ideas are being discussed and threads like this are read.

WPE PRO [winsock packet editor] be so easy to create auto catcher

even if you put a message i could block that message with a filter.. and then i could send the packet every 100 millseconds and he will be traped...

look like this..

...#pk NAME............

Send server

...#pk NAME............

Send server

and again and again..

every 100 millsecond..

Edited by DoSAttack