Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teylorr

Rs Or El? No Flaming

EL all the way, for several reasons...

-RS's p2p is worse than playing EL for free

-RS has terrible graphics compared to EL

-RS, like others said, has a crap community...nearly EVERYONE is either a PKer, a scammer, or someone begging for stuff

-On RS you run out of things to do so quickly...

-No skill on RS is actually 'fun'

I'm gonna get alotta flames from this from ignorant ppl prolly, but I don't care.

Both games have their positives and negatives. Obviously, RS community sucks, but I had/have friends on there since when i first started so it helped alot. Also, i had P2P so it had a bigger world. RS has much more skills (especially with P2P) like fishing, cooking, woodcutting, archery, etc. Magic is much better in EL, (FX and usefullness both). Has many quests and some are actually fun. I'm prolly forgetting some stuff, but whatever. As many pro's as it had, I got bored of it and have long since quit...Even though I loved leveling magic.

EL has a much better community, it's usually just so laid back and easy to make friends in. When I first started, I was surprised at how friendly and helpful most people were. Game is easy to get used to and is fun to play. I was addicted to it for quite awhile but eventually, I got bored of the doing the same thing everyday. The lack of skills are a dissapointment (I think every good MMORPG should at least have fishing and archery) and to put it bluntly, the magic just plain sucks in this game in usefullness and FX (err...I can't remember, are there any FX at all?) I will probably play this game more when it starts getting stuff like archery etc. Also, compared to RS, this game has hardly any monsters/animals which is also dissapointing.

I personally prefer RS for the actual gameplay but I prefer EL to make friends and just have a good time talkign with people. I'm prolly forgetting alot about both but whatever. For now I'll just play some Kalonline until Wish comes out.

Huh? If we would prefer runescape we would spam on runescape forum, am I righ or what?

Regards.

My dear friends, today i would like to address you about an issue involving el or rs.

I, unlike you, have played both games for sometime, none of these games are ANY GOOD. My best suggestion would go and play conqueronline. I will explain why. Now listen to me little girls and boys. When you walk about in el you get lag every milli seccond, darn that is the most horrible thing. The pking sucks, the fighting sucks, everything sucks. So you ask me now, why are you bothoring to write in this forum?. Well i tell you, i do it for you, i can feel that you are searching for a good game, and el is not providing anything good.

<<.........i don't think you will be a member here much longer after that post.........<< LMFAO

My dear friends, today i would like to address you about an issue involving el or rs.

I, unlike you, have played both games for sometime, none of these games are ANY GOOD. My best suggestion would go and play conqueronline. I will explain why. Now listen to me little girls and boys. When you walk about in el you get lag every milli seccond, darn that is the most horrible thing. The pking sucks, the fighting sucks, everything sucks. So you ask me now, why are you bothoring to write in this forum?. Well i tell you, i do it for you, i can feel that you are searching for a good game, and el is not providing anything good.

Well go away and play whatever game you like.

I get almost no lag on EL and i have played both

for sometime and 6 other mmorpg's over the last

5 years and for a free game EL is best i have played.

Over all for mmorgps i like Lineage for the big wars and

i have a lot of friends there. WOW is the best of the

newer games. I spend almost all my gaming time in

EL as my main computer with it's bad video card loves

it and i can do other things, like posting here , reading

emails and work as i play....

Huh? If we would prefer runescape we would spam on runescape forum, am I righ or what?

Regards.

Runescape doesn't even have a forum.

Lineage costs money, so I am not able to say one way or the other on it.

Edited by freeone3000

Regards.

Runescape doesn't even have a forum.

Lineage costs money, so I am not able to say one way or the other on it.

Bad sign to me when a game does not have a forum lol

Yes Lineage like most of the real mmorgps cost money to

play... i started way back when it was in US beta.

EL is over all the game i like best with the video card i have.

I mostly look for games that are not 3d that will work with my

card. I'm sure when EL get out of beta it will be a even better

game with a lot more stuff.

EL is the game for me maybe its just cuz you give me a game and i stick to it t'ill i'm perfect at everything and you just can't get me away from it t'ill then :angry:

And after lv 30 it takes forever to level, on and on until you reach 120, than you do it again. really fun.

EL

I played rs since it was in beta, it was good back then. Now its a waste of time, i have a miner that can smith mith, has a green grim reaper suit (rarestuff).

I used to have good stats in el too, but thats out the window for like what.. 3 months if i keep playing? ah.. but this is the best community out there. period. If you disagree with that statement, I Don't Care.

RS Does Have A Forum

www.runescapecommunity.com does not count. it is not endorsed nor supported by runescape.

Oh yes they have a forum, for 5 $ a month.

Now, a few months ago, I would have said EL definantly. EL is imo the best game, but I do enjoy to play RS sometimes, mainly because I really don't have to talk to people in RS :D I am antisocial and (no offense) most of EL's community is macho-assholes who think they are better/more popular than everyone and dicks (again, that is not directed at everyone, so shaddup). In RS I can just powerlevel and stuff.

So I'd have to say that I like EL the most, but RS isn't like, the most horrible thing in the world :D

If you can read my siggy you know my answer. I love EL the game is easy to use, I like the graphics, and most of all I enjoy the people.

I played RS for only for a few weeks and from what I seen is the people are not friendly at all. They are to busy power leveling to stop and talk. It's damn near impossible to navigate around the world. I was talking to someone and they asked where I was, I had to sit there and describe to them what was around me. In EL if someone new was lost you could just have them tell you their cords. The things that I liked about RS is the fact that there is so many different things to do, the fact that you could dance and make other gestures, and the amount of things to kill.

I think that EL is lacking in some areas but still is the best free mmorpg out there right now. The only real problem with EL that I see is that lack of new items and new things to keep the attention of the people that have played it for a year or more. I think with the introduction of the p2p version of EL it will add more things to do and solve a few of those problems.

Now, a few months ago, I would have said EL definantly. EL is imo the best game, but I do enjoy to play RS sometimes, mainly because I really don't have to talk to people in RS :D I am antisocial and (no offense) most of EL's community is macho-assholes who think they are better/more popular than everyone and dicks (again, that is not directed at everyone, so shaddup). In RS I can just powerlevel and stuff.

So I'd have to say that I like EL the most, but RS isn't like, the most horrible thing in the world :D

rs is ok when your bored but i preffer EL

rs is ok when your bored but i preffer EL

Yeh when Im bored and just want to powerlevel :D

PS @ Aitrus: The link in your siggy doesn't work, it just takes me back to the top of the page unless it was meant to do that *angry*

:D

EL > RS

EL pwnz j00 RS 4ss!

EL anyday!

Firstly, I've started to play EL before RS, so I'm more use to EL.

Secondly, EL has got way better graphics and much more better user interface.

The community is cool! Great people around.

Therefore EL amst teh best!

and anyways, if we liked rs more, what would we be doing here?

why is it that whenever someone says something good about another game on this forum all the sudded they are advertising, or considered not to play EL? RS is a worthwhile game in small doses. EL's graphics kick the crap outta RS. im not sure what it is like to play EL when your high lvld (was getting high then server reset and i just haven't played much since then), but i do know what being high lvld in RS is like. It's a boring and horrible experience unless your pking. It is also nice to be in a game that does not have so many ppl in it. the community in rs is nice to me (cause they are all trying to beg) but el has a community in which if you ask for help on any other channel other than help channel(even when no one is on help channel) half the ppl gets pissed call you noob and tells you to go to help channel, and the other half usually helps you out. the only reason community is better is because its smaller, which in my opinion is a great thing. Overall i say EL is a better game.

RS might have a better community if there was continent-wide chat, but I think the community has gotten beyond repair.

As for the issue with the forum, they DO have an on-site forum. Just scroll down on the main page. However you must have an account to look at it and must be members to post. This again shows just how bad the game community is. They are afraid of letting free-players on the forums because they think they would ruin it.

I asked if anyone had heard of Eternal Lands in a busy place in Runescape. None of them even replied.

I think Runescape is better if you want a single player game, but it doesn't have very good single player support. Like I said before, it's bearable as a member, because they constantly add stuff, but as for free-play they haven't gotten an update in just under a year.

To give you an idea of just how bad the community is, I think they'd have to do a complete system wipe, and have them do an interview, to make sure they'd be kind to others. And then they would have to have a lie detector present to make sure they weren't lying.

That is just how bad their community is.

I vote Runescape. It rulz!

Regards.

It is also nice to be in a game that does not have so many ppl in it. the community in rs is nice to me (cause they are all trying to beg) but el has a community in which if you ask for help on any other channel other than help channel(even when no one is on help channel) half the ppl gets pissed call you noob and tells you to go to help channel, and the other half usually helps you out. the only reason community is better is because its smaller, which in my opinion is a great thing. Overall i say EL is a better game.

Begging for stuff qualifies as a good community? Just go to beam and wait there for five minutes.