Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cindy

Harvesting and Tradeskill Fail rate

I would like to know if it is the intention of the design team for the following to occur:

Harvesting Gold Ore - skill required 32

Harvesting skill - 37

Harvesting skill with Harvesting potion - 42

7 and 8 'count' failures consistently and regularly occur. Is this intended ?

In my opinion, no "@Random()" function intended to calculate success probability, by randomly choosing a number, representing your failure or success - should consistently come up with such repetitive failures - on a success rate, based on a skill proficiency 10 levels ABOVE the level required.

I observe similar statistical anomalies when practicing Alchemy. I make Magic Essences.

Skill level required - 25

Alchemy skill level - 34

It almost appears that the failure rate is the same at level 25 as it is at level 34. Not quite but almost.

In all fairness i can say that it IS different - but minimally so. The success rate is not what i would expect from a skill level 9 orders of magnitude ABOVE the level required.

Maybe this is just in my head, but the failure chance also seems to depend on the previous failure/success.

If i am harvesting and i get a failure, i feel that the probability to fail again at the next try is a lot bigger.

Especially with alchemy. When i fail to produce a silver bar, i have to try 3 more times very often, while i do not fail them that much normally.

Have you done something strange with the random function Ent? :roll:

Not that it isn't realistic of course. I mean if you fail to make a silver bar, i am sure you got your ores real messed up. Hard to make a silverbar from that ;)

i think it may have something to do with the fact that random isnt realy radom, given time you will se patterns in its selection. this is unless you make a realy good variable seed ;)

on top of that you have 90-100 people hammering the random function...