Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brom

Ideas From A Muder

For those who do not know what MUD's are, they are telent games. Its like D&D only online and all automated. Anyway, Ive got some ideas they may or may not be already mentioned.

Auction

I like the market channel yes, but if at all possible lets set up an auction system, an NPC somewhere you can give objects and the price, he will auction it off, people can bid on it and people can bid up and more up, Its what we use on the mud I play. The Auction verbose can be turned on and off for those who do not want to see it. but that way whatever channel you are on you can still bid on items without having to use the Market channel.

Certificates

I know this is what is used in Runescape (sorry i just had to say it) but it is a very good idea. When trading large quantitys of items you can either trade in lots of trade windows or try a bag trade,which is risky. I think we should set up a way to get a "certificate" from the bank on what you have in storage like...1500 silver ore then be able to trade that certifcate to another player for like...400 life essense or 400 life essense certificate. this would increase trade and make things easier to buy in bulk. When you deposit that certificate in the bank that amount is transfered from one players storage to the other. its a simple storage service.

Guild matters

Guild Stance:

WAR | Enemy | Neutral (default) | Friends | Allies

Guild Wars

I know you can set up unoffical guild battles in an pk map, but I propose we have the option to set up coded alliances and feelings toward other guilds. Such as the LNX and SegV alliance, or if rival guilds want to set up a war (until one gives in or a certain level of violence is achieved) Have the ability to PK other guild members in other notable places (NOT ALL). For example, set Morcraven Marsh to a guild-PK zone so that guilds can fight there, planned or not. or some of the caves, the Diamond cave, and a few others, many of the maps that have hostile monsters. perhaps show the other guild's tag in different colors for differnet guilds such as a red tag for me on another guild would show we are in a war, a blue tag no connection and a green tag an alliance.

Guild ranking

Is it possible to rank guilds? Perhaps average all the levels of the members of a guild and see which guild is currently on top. also, give guild's points for certain actions, such as hosting a small quest or manhunt, winning a war with another guild and such. Yes it would create much more animosity between the guilds, but it would improve guild gameplay.

Guild Window

A simple guild window with stances with each guild, or that is the ones that your guild are anything but neutral with. the neutral ones do not need to be shown. Thank you.

I have more to add later but this is all for the moment I need to do some other things.

Edited by EWQ222

Guest LordoftheDamned

I like most of the ideas, but ranking guilds, its not really necesary, and how would the ranking system be like? the system might be unfair to the guilds who are just starting up and have a low rank.

Certificates

I don't know about this... it would be nice to trade large quanties of items at once, but how much would the certificates cost? would it be worth it? is there a tax? the basis of trading large amouts of items at once sounds good, but maybe you can find a better way. <_<

The guild ranking would be "unfair" to the new guilds. but in the ranking many things would have to be taken into account. I mentioned averaging all the levels of the members of the guild to determine an outcome, but I did not mention anything else, it would also be based on how many members a guild has and how active the guild is. Otherwise, one person could make a guild and that guild would be number 1 because that person who made it is the single most powerful being in the game. Do you see? there could be many things affecting guild rank, it all depends on what Ent and the others see fit to rank guilds.

Regarding the certificates, I dont think I tax would be necessary, perhaps a very small amount of gold, but I dont see why I tax would be needed.

The auction idea is good, and should really be implemented, but im pretty sure its been suggested before.

The certificate is just a excessive idea, but nontheless not bad.

Guild Wars - good but always suggested.

Guild ranking - i think this is a good idea, quite unique, it would definately add more of a point behind guilds apart from the social factors.

Still hoping for some of these ideas to be implemented.

Well since you brought this old topic up, I might just aswell add something to it about the guild ranking.

The guild ranking could be based on amount of members, how active the members are (so large guilds with lots of inactive players wouldn't necessarily be on top), amount of quest completed and maybe karma points if those are ever implemented. Also guilds could have fame ratings, f.ex. 'Pking guild' if the guild PKs a lot, 'Peacefull guild' if the guild rarely PKs, 'Prosperous guild' if the guild has lots of gc and items and 'Achievers guild' if the average skill level of members in the guild is high.

...how active the members are (so large guilds with lots of inactive players wouldn't necessarily be on top), amount of quest completed...

Slight problem, wheither a player is active or not is hard to tell. if you mean by that weather a player logs on or not, then its not that hard. ;) Quests Completed is excellent, I had not thought of that one.

I was also thinking that the high ranking mods could award points to a guild for sponsoring or hosting/running an event, such as a Manhunt, this would of course have pros and cons. Pros being the increased Guild activity and increase in "events" but the downside is that every guild and that guilds dog will want to do this often just for the kudos.

While Im posting about guids and their structure I might as well post this as well, can we Cap guilds? this is the reason, currently the only critera for a guild I know of is a set amount of gold to be payed and some basic information. We could put a cap such as "Your guild must have an idea behind it, not just a league of friends to chat with" I know there are many guilds out there built almost purely on one idea, Im not sure which one it is but some guilds are built purely around PK, great thats ok for a guild, but lets not have 20 guilds that have "PK" as there base behind the idea.

Why? because when this game gets big (I KNOW it will) and we have 2 thousand players online, with the current system we would have......150guilds?

Thanks guys, Feel free to mess with my ideas and tell me which ones are stupid in this case, whatever, just please do not bash ME, just the ideas :D

Edited by EWQ222

Hmm, I much like all the ideas you suggested, maybe apart from the Certificate one, which would be useful, but is not really that important.

Auctioning would kick ass, so to speak. It would be a much effective way of selling. And guild wars and guild rankings would certainly boost hype in the game, making things much more exciting. It would be good to see some competitiveness out there between guilds, which there is a quite a lack of.

Good ideas bro.