Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Aliases Definitions In Elc.

No idea where to post it. Anyway all geeks who can actually underestand what I am blabling about are

reading this forum so here I go:

Teach EL client to underestand few variables such like $name or $chan and then make a command such

like #alias which will allow user to define own aliases and write it for example to el.cfg or even better

#loadalias to read them from configuration file like aliases.ini. Construction of this could be like that:

#alias #eat /$name Double right click on food to eat. Raw meat is an animal item not food.

Or in config file:

#eat /$name Double right click on food to eat. Raw meat is an animal item not food.

If you use a variable in alias definition it will require that variable as command argument. In this case It'd

be noob name:

#eat BigNoobie

Which will result in:

PM to BigNoobie: Double right click on food to eat. Raw meat is an animal item not food.

If you not use a variable in alias definition created command will not require any argument:

#alias #encyc #bc New EL Encyclopedia update is available at http://el-encyclopedia.ifnt.info/

#encyc

Which will result in:

#Message from teh banned 0n3na: New EL Encyclopedia update is available at http://el-encyclopedia.ifnt.info/

As you can see from examples above it'd be large improvement to newbie helpers, moderators, guild

masters etc. It is old idea of mine and I (and I think I am not the only one) would be pleased to get it

as christmas gift. :-P

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Wouldn't this help spammers to spam everyone to death or smth ? <_<

*grabs teh banned 0n3na's gift and runs away*

Edited by Quell

Sound very cool teh banned 0n3na and does mean like create comman by define my own aliases so that if

type #gm #making it would send to other user

#gm of jamevm: I can make all types crafting anf manufactures items for those who need it

hehe it would be cool christmas gift for lot people :ph34r:

No idea where to post it. Anyway all geeks who can actually underestand what I am blabling about are

reading this forum so here I go:

Teach EL client to underestand few variables such like $name or $chan and then make a command such

like #alias which will allow user to define own aliases and write it for example to el.cfg or even better

#loadalias to read them from configuration file like aliases.ini. Construction of this could be like that:

#alias #eat /$name Double right click on food to eat. Raw meat is an animal item not food.

Or in config file:

#eat /$name Double right click on food to eat. Raw meat is an animal item not food.

If you use a variable in alias definition it will require that variable as command argument. In this case It'd

be noob name:

#eat BigNoobie

Which will result in:

PM to BigNoobie: Double right click on food to eat. Raw meat is an animal item not food.

If you not use a variable in alias definition created command will not require any argument:

#alias #encyc #bc New EL Encyclopedia update is available at http://el-encyclopedia.ifnt.info/

#encyc

Which will result in:

#Message from teh banned 0n3na: New EL Encyclopedia update is available at http://el-encyclopedia.ifnt.info/

As you can see from examples above it'd be large improvement to newbie helpers, moderators, guild

masters etc. It is old idea of mine and I (and I think I am not the only one) would be pleased to get it

as christmas gift. :-P

Regards.

I've got an old version of EL which I attempted to write a primitive shell in...and succeeded. This is what you mean right? If so, I can probably have such a patch asap.

i think the '#' shouldn't be used for alias only for game commands, it messes things up.

the way i would use it.. only have 2 extra commands:

#def aliasname aliastext -> defines or redefines an alias

#undef aliasname -> deletes an alias

and have every RAW_TEXT (except for the ones starting with #def, we want alias replacemet to happen later) or PM sent by the the client pass through a filter were $aliasname (longest that exists at that position) is replaced by the aliastext (or by an empty string if the alias dosen't exist). it's like an outbound filtering:

example of usage:

#def greeting hello n00b !

$greeting

#def thief Give me all your money $a !

#def a teh banned 0n3na

$thief

/$a $thief

#def a Lord Vermor

$thief!!!!!

/$a $thief!!!! I'm armed and dangerous

#gm i've got all of $a's money !!!

figure out what that would do for yourselves :huh:

obviously message length must be checked on alias expansion so as to not flood the server.

the only problem i see is missuse by spamming...

Spamming issues is why in the past it hasn't included in any official clients. We have enough trouble with spammers currently.

Is it ok if I write a patch anyway learner? I'll stand around and lmute all spammers all day if need be :lol: ...

This is pretty easy, and I'm sure there would be some way to create some kind of security into it.

And if (which is when, which is tomorrow) I do write it, like the other shell, it would use bash-like syntax.

Edited by crusadingknight

Taking this further (and probably too far), I think it would be cool to have embedded Python/Perl/Ruby/<your scripting language of chocie>. Have function hooks for incoming lines from the server, as well as for user input. Then write handlers for these events. Would make bots pretty trivial to program, as well as an alias system.

For spammers, what about some sort of flood protection? 10 messages in 2 or 3 seconds gets you muted for 10 seconds, three flood mutes in one hour and you get kicked/banned for a day. 3 kicks in a month = permanent banning. Something along those lines, I'm sure it has been discussed if there have been problems with spammers in the past.

I could probably even put together a patch for this, even though I'm not very good at C.

-S

Edited by Selberhad

One big problem I see with scripting in the Client is we'll have even more problems with cheaters then we do now. Its bad enough the Client is open source, but at least compiling in C slows some of them down.

One big problem I see with scripting in the Client is we'll have even more problems with cheaters then we do now. Its bad enough the Client is open source, but at least compiling in C slows some of them down.