Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crusadingknight

[ Patch #251 ] Pop-ups (widget Function)

Anyway, this patch contains a function to create a pop-up window (Not quite finished yet; I'm still prettying it up...). Only one pop-up can exist at a time (But this will change when the chatwindow is done) (I'm currently working on an id-based system, much like in elwindows...so there can be multiple pop-ups, and _other_ types of text entry). Anyway, F12 pops up a channel text entry popup (which is both useless and annoying; just in the for playing with), and typing #help_me without a following space will bring up a help request popup (and not send the empty request).

As stated on the patch page, www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/chatwin.zip is needed.

Hope this can get into the next update (because I !#*& hate empty #help_me's, but wouldn't like sending them back a message , ie. "Not enough detail", which they may or may not understand.)

Thanks.

Edited by crusadingknight

Even though nobody seems to notice this :D I changed it a bit, and added support for multiple buffers. It's not as pretty, but the text (inside of the popup) will be fixed tomorrow.

Hmm, well instead of keeping adding new things to the main event loop in events.c, wouldn't it be better to have an optional ON_KEYPRESS callback for each window?

I did write such callback, but I didn't want to commit it as it looked a bit hackish now that we don't use the root window yet. Figured that root window support should be added first, but now that Learner is busy with the server source someone else should get started on that :) Then we could make a lot more specific event loops, hence making events.c more readable.

If noone else wants the job, I'll take it once I'm done with a few more things for Barren Moon.

Edited by Wytter

well, it seems to work this way, since we need to be able to support multiple input buffers per window without using if/else, etc. Are you using today's patch?

BTW, just noticed that mihaim's code got mixed with mine, somehow. :) .....Whoops, silly me.

As stated on the patch page, www.freewebs.com/theironguard/elc/chatwin.zip is needed.

My fault. I didn't read the patch comments. But when you make a patch try to put in it everything that is necessary. If several files are needed and they are speaded around the net it might get difficult to gather all the necessary data to apply the patch.

well, it seems to work this way, since we need to be able to support multiple input buffers per window without using if/else, etc. Are you using today's patch?

Well, it just doesn't seem generic enough imho.

Having an on_keypress callback function + supporting the root window would make the window manager ~complete. And this would add support for those window text buffers as well - uses can be chat window, input widgets, a text editor (for quest notes etc.).

well, it seems to work this way, since we need to be able to support multiple input buffers per window without using if/else, etc.  Are you using today's patch?

Well, it just doesn't seem generic enough imho.

Having an on_keypress callback function + supporting the root window would make the window manager ~complete. And this would add support for those window text buffers as well - uses can be chat window, input widgets, a text editor (for quest notes etc.).

Very true, of course - sorry I wasn't here yesterday, power went out in an icestorm.

Erm, I got all the necessary files into the diff now, stupid CVS for windows seems to hate me. <_<

I applied and got to complier after has to make changes to bubbiues and when f12 and then type something it crash it

Did you add the chatwin.c|h? And recompile everything? (It needs a clean compile)...

I'm kinda busy playing with the chatwin to look the popups over now...

I applied and got to complier after has to make changes to bubbiues and when f12 and then type something it crash it

Did you add the chatwin.c|h? And recompile everything? (It needs a clean compile)...

I'm kinda busy playing with the chatwin to look the popups over now...

yep i did and still crash and when debug it come area that has no source code

I found a bug that disconnects you from the server if you fill the text window with as much text as it can take.

Yeah...that's been fixz0rzed for a while, but I seen to have forgotten to create a diff.

Oooops... ;)

I found a bug that disconnects you from the server if you fill the text window with as much text as it can take.

Yeah...that's been fixz0rzed for a while, but I seen to have forgotten to create a diff.

Oooops... :P

lol