Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Screw You Guys, I'm Coming Back (well, Sort Of)

Ok, after lots of talking and compromising and such, here is the deal:

I will start working at EL2, Learner (and maybe others) will work at EL1, and Roja will work at both.

EL2 will be very different from EL1, but some of the maps will be the same. It will also be a P2P game, no public alpha or beta testing. We will select those who we want to test the game, and we know who we will select. I estimate EL2 to become beta in the summer of 2005. More info about it later, I'll keep you up to date.

Oh yes, and it won't be a game for power gamers, it will involve strategy, a LOT of teamwork, player built cities, common research, maybe some city wars, etc.

this will be great. better than EL1 i think. well, one more question will the beta version cost anything??? i heard someone talking about this. just wondering.

The p2p is because the game design will be VERY vulnerable to multiple accounts problems. So people won't be able to have multipel accounts (unless if they pay double, in which case it is ok).

Yea... i like the sound of the extra teamwork... We need more of that in MMORPGs

That's why we have guilds .. Lineage is great about team work needed to siege castles .

Tigger