Eternal Lands Official Forums
bradleybradley

Taking Bags

Do you all think taking someone's bag when they died is illegal?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you all think taking someone's bag when they died is illegal?

• It is illegal and you should be banned for it.
    • It is not, it's allowed in the game rules. But it is not nice.
    • I don't care either way. I just get over it and move on.

:D

grats :)

...must've taken all 3 of your braincells to compose that - how very daring of you to take your attention away from breathing for a bit :D

lets put it this way..... somebody spends hours gathering this then incases of misclicks, lagging, or death their bag is taken....you would be pissed and want it back...if you say otherwise except the fact you are just lying to yourself....but anyway there are still those who sit and wait or follow those who are knowingly at more risk then others for such occurances..... and that give way for bieng called a thief and etc.....

I didn't vote, because there is no option for "it's legal, and it's nice".

In my opinion we have TOO FEW people who keep the stuff they find, most people are TOO NICE, and always return the stuff. The result is that people starts to expect that no harm will come from dying, because they will get their stuff back. And when they don't get it back the seventh time they die, they start whining.

Now, if your friend dies, and you pick up the stuff and give it back to him, fine. That's what friends are for. The problem is that 75% of the time, stuff gets returned. Now, you could argue that it's just because people have many friends. They may have, but that's not the reason people expect everyone to return stuff, including people who are not their friends.

If it was my server, I would set the bags to disappear after three seconds for a few weeks, until people get used to losing stuff when they die.

Look at a game like Quake. People there are not nearly as nice, yet if you read a thousand Quake message boards, you will never find even one post whining about "HE DIDN'T RETURN MY ROCKET LAUNCHER". Of course he didn't. Noone does.

And about (ab)using bags for trading and manufacturing: If you do that, and lose the back, it's your own fault. If you are on dial-up and lag out, you are not "punished" for having a bad internet connection. You are "punished" for using a bag when you KNEW it was a bad idea.

Guys as much as i hate bag jumpers: it's part of the game. All of you do it once or twice. All of you have already done it,even if it was a fruit or something. it's still bag jumping.. like if you go out looking at bags for bones or something thats bag jumping.

i believe it is ok to take bags if you are by raven or something, and you are potioning because if you know your internet connection sux then you shouldn't be doing it, that applies for kf also and you lag out or get killed it is your loss. you knew the consequences of going in there, and you knew you might die. or your internet connection might go out, i would normally return stuff i find. but i know it is legal to take whatever i find to.

mee hates the bag jumpers, which is why i follow learners advice and NEVER leave anything important in a bag.

and if i die, and i know some1 will have gotten my bag, i move on, you people who start mouthing off need to get a life, if u don't want to lose ure expensive stuff to some1, don't fucking carry it when ure fighting! don't drop loads of stuff in a bag at storage!

soooo many people complain, yet only a few will actually follow the advice, and play smart... o.O

my opinion = if ure moronic enuff to lose important stuff, you don't deserve it back...

I never take bags, unless they are on my KAoS List (and even then, I usually return it). I only keep the bags of dire assholes who deserve it. But sure, 97% of the time, I'll return everything in it or bagsit for them and take time out of my hunting for it. :rolleyes:

Well if someone takes your bag its probably a reflection of their personality in real life. Unfortunately it happens, but its life. However if someone is just leaving their loot on the ground, and walking away and killing something else, that is hardly immoral they left it their to rot, such as animal furs, bones, fruit, etc. If someone leaves a couch in the dump and you decide to pick it up and use it, how is that stealing? If you see some valuable items on the ground and you dont know who's it is? Well as the same in real life people would either

Take it and wake away.

Or try to find the owner.

Or they will just ignore it.

Most people in this game seem nice enough to return your items if you lost it attacking a bear or something. And that i think is a good thing it means people have morals. But if someone is in a PK map and a monster or another player kills you. well, evil begets evil. Dont expect to get it back. You shouldn't of been their to begin with.