• Independent P2P
    • Ingame items
    • Ingame items, stats increase, perks
    • P2P areas
    • P2P quests

Varty that is like the worst idea ever just my thoughts

Guest Vertigo

I like Shasso's idea.

Add the new "continent" the introductory quest talks about, and with one stone you will catch the following bird:

1) semi-independent P2P server, still "connected" with the mainland

2) new P2P areas

3) new P2P quests

4) with new quests, new items obtainable (and not tradeable) which could raise stats and add perks - so the rich kid can buy the access to the new continent, but not automatically the access to the ubermunch stuff.

5) still connected with the F2P userbase for who wants to keep the "old, cheap friends".

6) not as heavy, codewise and resourcewise, as many other solutions (included a separate P2P server)

But I'm still a newbie, so what I know anyway? :)

But I'm still a newbie, so what I know anyway?

I don't know about everyone else, But I think this Newb knows whats going on... Awesome idea/suggestion I love it, Love it a lot. I hope Ent likes it also :D

NeoSeS

5) still connected with the F2P userbase for who wants to keep the "old, cheap friends".

I resent that phrase some people are not rich and can not afford to pay to play there is no reason to call them "cheap" <_<

but i think if there have to be 2 servers that they can not interact with data unless i missread one of ents posts

Guest Vertigo
I resent that phrase some people are not rich and can not afford to pay to play there is no reason to call them "cheap" <_<

Why "them"?

I thought more of "we".

As a used-to-be-player od Runescape, I can tell you that Independent P2P works best. However, don't tick off the F2P by not giving them a couple updates now and then.

Which gives me an idea: Why not have separate P2P items, maps and quests, etc., but as time goes by, make them available for F2P as well? That means, run P2P and F2P on the same server, connected, but only update P2P with new stuff. After a delay of 6 months or so, make the same update available for F2P. That way, P2P has an advantage (i.e. first choice), but F2P will have access too, if they're patient.

-Lyn-

hey i know for a fact i am going into p2p but how do i know there won't be only like 3 peeps in there.....i think it would be better for the game if you could somehow combine p2p with f2p....i don't know maybe there will be more people on p2p then we think...as long as there are better weapons armour and all around better stuff then f2p then yea more peeps would get into it...i want one if those pimpin pink capes to lol

i was thinking of this:

People that are paying a small monthly fee, like $2 or $3, will get a Premium Account (or whatever you would call it). With the premium account you would have certain advantages, like these:

- 10% more experience on everything you do

- a shop where you can buy clothes and stuff, and basically change your looks

- maybe you get 1 free PP for every month you had the Premium Account

- some other advantages that have been suggested before.

This way a F2P player could do exactly the same as P2P players, but it would just take a little longer. I think a lot of people could spare $2 or 3 a month, and i would definately pay if i would level just a tiny bit faster...

When new advantages come, there could be more types of accounts, as long as the non paying members dont have an insurmountable disadvantage over paying players.

I was thinking of adding platinum coins again, but:

1. They will cost real money (but some powerful monsters will also drop them every once in a while).

2. A new NPC will sell good stuff (magic weapons, enriched essences, capes, etc.) ONLY for that platinum coin.

Later on in the game, could be used to buy land in the game, and build your own stuff on it.

I've always been positive towards a pure P2P-version of the game (preferably with the second continent ;-)). One of the main advantages is that people who purchase the P2P-version are more likely to treat others with respect, as they are willing to pay to play the game and that's worth paying for imho :) One of the disadvantages is however that this would seperate guilds, and friends onto 2 individual servers, and that's a large disadvantage.

If it is possible, just make certain areas, weapons, enemies, skills, etc. P2P only, and these should only be usable in the specially marked P2P areas. P2P'ers will have an advantage over regular players due to more spawns/player and perhaps a higher chance to create i.e. enhanced essences :-)

Umm just an idea mabie you can have an area where you change from P2P version to normal and to be able to cross u have to take off all items that isn't in the P2P version.

Umm just an idea mabie you can have an area where you change from P2P version to normal and to be able to cross u have to take off all items that isn't in the P2P version.

lol, like a customs house, to cross a border :blink:

Not such a bad idea maybe, "You got something to declare, mister?!"

The vote seems to be heavily in favor of option 1, but Entropy's description of item 1 is P2P on a DIFFERENT server, the comments suggest that some people don't understand what that means.

When we were testing the new server, for instance, many of us were maintaining our players on the old server, working feverishly to build XP in preparation for the transfer to the new server, and at the same time running a character on the TEST SERVER (port 2001) to help debug the system, and learn what the new sytem entailed: At NO time could the characters on one server see the characters on the other server, even though they were walking in the same areas of the same maps!

A total isolation of the two versions!

I think that option 1 would dilute the community and split friendships - many just can't afford the P2P version, even if the fee is small by most free world standards. I am NOT opposed to selling a few items and a limited number of perks,attributes and nexuses for real-world money, as long as it doesn't upset the balance of the game economy or provide large benefits/advantages in any skill area.

I support all except item 1, but cannot vote for more than one, so the whole poll is slanted to the separate-server option, although I don't think the majority really wants it that way! If you take 2 thru 5 and add them together (in vote count) you will see that the majority want to see the free and P2P integrated on the SAME server.

me too ... i like all but #1.

Or be like all the other games i play and make it a p2p monthy fee.

Tigger

If we decide to go for a separate P2P version, then that version will have more maps and quests than the free version.

This i like a lot and would pay for... will in up paying to play no matter what you give us as long as we get something new that f2p will not get..... you have done a great job with this game and i enjoy it more than the p2p games out there now. Will like it more when you do get to the p2p part and when i get a new video card lol

Great job, great game...

Tigger

i was thinking of this:

People that are paying a small monthly fee, like $2 or $3, will get a Premium Account (or whatever you would call it). With the premium account you would have certain advantages, like these:

- 10% more experience on everything you do

- a shop where you can buy clothes and stuff, and basically change your looks

- maybe you get 1 free PP for every month you had the Premium Account

- some other advantages that have been suggested before.

This way a F2P player could do exactly the same as P2P players, but it would just take a little longer. I think a lot of people could spare $2 or 3 a month, and i would definately pay if i would level just a tiny bit faster...

When new advantages come, there could be more types of accounts, as long as the non paying members dont have an insurmountable disadvantage over paying players.

This sounds good.... maybe a bit higher of a monthy fee and

give us p2p people more than 100 storage slots also.

Tigger

lol, like a customs house, to cross a border 

Not such a bad idea maybe, "You got something to declare, mister

Yer sumthing where when u cross the border your back in the F2P version so people with not much money can still interact with there old friends that may be richer than them.

I think we should be able to switch maps WITH new items and skills, because once i am strong, i wanna be able to kick some butt with bow and arrows :(