Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 0wn

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT SUGGESTIONS (PLEASE READ)

Guest 0wn

First of all, I tried to find a person to e-mail to for suggestions but unfortunately I couldn't find any so this boils down to you guys. First of all, the first thing you see on eternal-lands.com is animals and a nature theme. I gotta say the images and the whole background persuades people into believing this is a game such as "Neopets". I suggest you do something like Runescape... Black blackground with a cool modern kind of a look. There should also be a high scores table.... Don't make so many links to like magic, story, races, items, etc blah blah blah... It should be on a totally different site made by anonymous addicts to the game. And again, wtf guilds?!? sounds like Neopets crap. Let the players make their own guilds, or as we would like to say in modern terms, clans. When I saw the few creatures in this game, I was shocked. I understand it's a free game but only 7(or whatever) creatures you can attack!? You gotta admit, that's just plain wrong. There should be tons of different weapons and armour such as Runescape. And the annoying thing that bothered me was the bottom of the eternal-lands game. You have to click on the options to view them... Again, make it like Runescape or Tibia whereas you drag the mouse onto the map,etc and it automatically shows. To pay for these things, I suggest you guys put up 3 ads a page by numerous companies and when you decide to make it p2p, decrease it to 2 ads a page. I understand you guys are trying to make the page a nature, midevil theme but that's just not happening... I hope you guys take my advice seriously because it's the key to the term "MASSIVE"morpg in the game eternal-lands. 8)

PS: Since this is beta, will all character info be lost when the real game comes?

Derek Chang

"0wn" in eternal-lands

Guest 0wn

OK PEOPLE REMEMBER THESE WORDS!!! "I, 0WN DO NOT LIKE AND PLAY RUNESCAPE BUT I DO LIKE THE WAY THEY SET UP THINGS!"

the only thing that i like in that post is the high score table. i want to know where i am compared to others. everything else is crap. we arent saying that u like runescape, we're just saying that we dont want el to be set up like rs whether u like that or not.

Ok, let's look at the mistakes here that shows you have playied like 3 games in your life online..

You said neopets twice

Runescape 3 times

Tibia once

Now for the other parts, the game is in beta it's not a huge company like ALL 3 stated above and most of the the things you said will probally be done in a different way to be unique, attacking animals is wrong? Pfft you know back in the day thats how people got food :roll:. And neopets isn't the only one that has made guilds, I know that chronicles has made guilds (even though the game was in korean I understood what the names meant :/)

Now for the homepage 'advice' ok I don't see much nature things on the homepage cept for a couple of animals and trees at the top, other than that all I see is a well made homepage that i'm sure you couldn't touch if you tried (but i'm sure you will argue with me on this part)

Another thing do you realize how hard it is to make such a good game with say...20 people working on it? Yeah its not too easy and there will be p2p but hell, I don't want them to rush it so it is crappy -cough runescaoe cough- If anything p2p shouldn't come out for a year or more so that it will have so much to offer everybody will go p2p and then the game will make some money for more development. Maybe if you searched the forums a tad bit more you would realize that and hell, if you don't call 300 steady players that LOVE the game then having 30k players that play it cause they have nothing else to do a massive online game then wth is wrong with you, oh and if swords and shield and uncut grass 'midevil' then wth is wrong with you! -goes to the rs homepage- Let's see the difference hmm...blurry rocks for the background wooo man that's awesome!!!Let's not forget those 2 ads that are very annoying because they take up 1/3 of the screen. And further more damnit let's change this game to runescape wannabe!![/sarcasm]

Afternoon, 0wn.

Let the players make their own guilds, or as we would like to say in modern terms, clans.

Ummm...

The guilds are made by the players.

If you actually played the game for a while you'd find this out.

Cheers,

Scronty

First of all, I tried to find a person to e-mail to for suggestions but unfortunately I couldn't find any so this boils down to you guys.

This is indeed the right place for suggestions.

First of all, the first thing you see on eternal-lands.com is animals and a nature theme. I gotta say the images and the whole background persuades people into believing this is a game such as "Neopets".

In case you didn't notice, EL has a nature theme - and a darn beautiful one due to the talented artists and map makers :P

I suggest you do something like Runescape... Black blackground with a cool modern kind of a look.

Why is it that dark colours are so in these days - I must say that I really like the looks of the EL website. A black background would not match the theme of EL at all - but perhaps in the upcoming dark ages mod :D

There should also be a high scores table....

If that was made it should be possible to take yourself of the high-scores. I have never tried to be on top of these highscores, but I know several who have and well - it's quite cold on the top 10, as you'll get a lot of negative comments towards your person from jealous people...

Don't make so many links to like magic, story, races, items, etc blah blah blah... It should be on a totally different site made by anonymous addicts to the game.

Now what's wrong with helping newcomers to get into the game by having a manual on the front-page? I'd call that a service, not a problem...

And again, wtf guilds?!? sounds like Neopets crap. Let the players make their own guilds, or as we would like to say in modern terms, clans.
That's what the guilds do... And why would we call it clans when it's referred to as guilds in this game? :D
When I saw the few creatures in this game, I was shocked. I understand it's a free game but only 7(or whatever) creatures you can attack!? You gotta admit, that's just plain wrong. There should be tons of different weapons and armour such as Runescape.
EL is in constant development - if you want the development to speed up, try donating to Entropy and Roja, to show your support :D
And the annoying thing that bothered me was the bottom of the eternal-lands game. You have to click on the options to view them...
That's what the hot-keys are for...
Again, make it like Runescape or Tibia whereas you drag the mouse onto the map,etc and it automatically shows. To pay for these things, I suggest you guys put up 3 ads a page by numerous companies and when you decide to make it p2p, decrease it to 2 ads a page.
Sometimes it can be a problem to get advertisers. It's not that easy, as you would like to get some money from ruining the looks of the site by placing ads all over it...
I understand you guys are trying to make the page a nature, midevil theme but that's just not happening...

Well, they're still making the storyline - you can read many of the stories in the storyline section in this forum. That's where the medieval, role-playing theme is going to come from :D

PS: Since this is beta, will all character info be lost when the real game comes?

Nope, we just had a full character wipe (not intended though, was due to hardware failures), and Entropy has promised that it would not happen again.

Hi, I love runescape, I am a complete IDIOT who played EL for 5 minutes, then in my STUPIDTY I went on the forums and tried to make SUGGESTIONS to a game I didn't even know about, PLEASE FLAME THE SHIT OUT OF ME

To get any suggestion taken seriously in this game, you have to:

1) Not assume that you are the first person to have thought about this, therefore it is highly recommended that you use the "Search" option and/or read over past threads in the Forums.

2) Realise that since you are relatively new, there are a lot of effects and things about the game you don't know about yet, so present a VERY well-thought out suggestion and plan, including all the consequences (both positive and negative) of implementing your suggestions.

3) Remember that the Eternal Lands development team and players are very much concerned with making Eternal Lands unique and different from any other MMORPG, therefore suggesting ideas and systems to be taken from other games such as Runescape, Tibia, etc. to be implemented here would most likely get you flamed very badly. (See post above ^^) :D

4) Realise that in the end, most of your opinions (and everyone else's, for that matter) don't really count that much to the creators, since they will not be able to please everybody, so only take suggestions from people that they know are trustworthy to think through everything carefully. Therefore, do not be surprised if you don't get an answer to these suggestions.

5) Make sure that it will benefit most, if not all, the players in the game and help to make the game better, and not just make the game nicer for YOU to play.

Having said all that, if you still DO have a well-thought out suggestion to make, and are willing to defend it against all critics, feel free to post. Good suggestions DO stand a chance of implementation. :D

-Lyn-

P.S. That was a little mean, SKA...cut him a bit of slack, won't you? :P Newbies are allowed to make a few mistakes, provided they learn from them.

You definitely missed the point of this game...the idea is to NOT be like the "modern" games...

Most of us wouldn't be here if it was...

P.S. That was a little mean, SKA...cut him a bit of slack, won't you? Newbies are allowed to make a few mistakes, provided they learn from them.

it wasn't mean, it was the truth - he is the kind of person who plays for 5 minutes then trys to make suggestions on the game.

Hi, I love runescape, I am a complete IDIOT who played EL for 5 minutes, then in my STUPIDTY I went on the forums and tried to make SUGGESTIONS to a game I didn't even know about, PLEASE FLAME THE SHIT OUT OF ME

*cough* Slander! *cough*

OWN, your a f**king retard.

Play the game for more than 5 minutes before criticising it....

(f**king muppet)