Eternal Lands Official Forums
Brabador

Unban request

Greetings.

My main char Brabador was banned for afk training at archer arena 6 jan 2019. Can any mod say, this ban permanent? If not, please unban me, 5 months w/o EL enough punishment.

Edited by Brabador

While I didn't ban you, I did notice a few things:

1- jan, 6 to may, 13 isn't 5 months, it's just a tad over 4;

2- You haven't been "5 months w/o EL", or the character that contacted us in-game was an imposter (and could be locked for impersonation);

2- this is at least the second time the Brabador character was locked for "afk training at archer arena" (or, in short, macroing...)

1 - You are right, 4 months, my bad.

2 - As i know, In archer arena macroing is legal, but AFK macroing is illegal. My violation is "AFK training" during legal macroing.

I was the mod who locked you for illegal AFK macroing. I talked to you in local and MPM with no response, so you were booted and locked. You were not paying attention to this character. In fact, it took 20 mins before you pm'd me with an alt after the boot. At which point you began to berate me for everything from low player count to bad drops and the inquisition. You took no responsibility for your actions and in attacking me your 3 day lock suddenly turned into a 30 day lock. You could have played in February if you had bothered to ask to be unlocked. Besides, only that character was locked any of your alts still could have played.

I will unlock Brabador, but only after I am clear that you understand that if this ever happens again you will receive either a permanent lock or radu will do some major level reductions. If you are clear on this I will unlock you.

*Note to anyone reading this, verbally assaulting the moderator who caught you doing something wrong is not a good way to get out of trouble. A simple reprimand can turn into a serious lock and/or ban. Manning up and admitting you did wrong is the quickest way to get out of this predicament.

And just to make the ranging situation crystal clear to anyone else reading this:

Macroing is and will stay against the game rules.

There is only one situation in which players are allowed to use a macro,

and only when all of the following conditions are met:

1. You are ranging in one of the ranging arenas (Grubani Peninsula or Irsis);
  2. You use an autoclicker to fire the arrows (only);
  3. You are constantly monitoring your character (no "I'll just get a cup of coffee while the macro runs").

That means that you must be able to reply to any local chat, PMs or mod PMs with only a short delay

(within seconds, a minute is too long already). And no, you won't miss a mod PM (if you are not AFK, of course)

RipTide, i heard you and understood. Sorry for personal attack, u just did ur job. With revi's corrections, this rule clear now for me.

I understand and accept the consequences, if I break the rules again.

Edited by Brabador

Welcome back to EL, you're now unlocked.

Edited by RipTide